Error with maps EO. Web Runtime Debug Level to 0

IUScorp

When I go to find some geocaches and looking at them on the map, I get an error message when I expand the view and move the location of the map.

Currently I am getting an error that states:

"EO. Web Runtime Debug Level to 0"

Any ideas? not had this happen before

Yes having the same problem here.

I use internet explorer 7 and windows vista

Map appears ok just doesn't load caches once youhave zoomed out

Has nothing to do with number of caches as I only had one showing on the map, message pops up once you have zoomed out to the eigth notch on the scale on the left counting from the top.

Edit to say it happens on the seventh not the eight notch

Edited by Kiwi Nomad

Try this one : ttp://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.aspx?lat=-42.9091659251865&lng=171.54941082000732&zm=11&mt=m although I've not been able to sucessfully get the geocaches on any maps this evening.

It also says 'parsing geocaches' instead of the usual 'requesting geocaches' after a few seconds.

Annie

Agree with what Annie & PB says, the message you get is as follows:

EO.Web Controls Client Slide Debug Message

An error occurred while applying the new output. Error message:

'cc.length' is null or not an object.

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0 (Not recommended for debug build)

OK

This also occured on my old computer as well, runs Windows 98 explorer 6 I think.

Changed back to my laptop as other was so slow and now getting the message as soon as I try and open a map.

Ok it happens with any New Zealand cache I have tried so far. So picked a random English cache and zoomed out without problems (what are those blue blotches yuck!) so then tried a random Australian cache and before the map had completed I got the message.

Only connections I can see is that NZ and Australia opperate with kms as standard measurement when driving here and England (I think) and USA both are still driving with miles. Not sure why that would make any difference.

Good luck in finding the problem and solution.

I'm getting it too (requesting caches, then error), on random caches placed in Argentina, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Works fine in Canada (using km - so it's not that) and Peru (so it's not like they really hate all of us Southern Hemisphere folks). Using Firefox 2.0.0.11 on OpenSuse 10.3

Cheers

Hi, can you please let us know whether that is a matter of hours, days, or weeks. We can't run Google Earth at that moment due to effectively living in the backwoods with only very slow dial-up. If it's only going to be a few hours or one or two days, we won't worry about trying to get Google Earth. If longer than that we will need to come up with some alternative. We just need a time line so we can decide whether to do the Google Earth thing by some method or not.

Ta

Annie

Dial up speed at the moment is 42.6kbps so no I won't be looking at Google Earth any time soon. Would have been usefull for today as would have used it to help plan our day trip. Luckily (or unluckily) I am unlikely to be able to get out to cache till atleast next weekend (parents staying with us) so probably won't need it till then. Unless there is one placed close enough to try and grab a ftf :huh:

Hi

I am also having the same problem. But I detected the problem when I tried to find some caches in New Zealand. I live in Stockholm, sweden and if i use google maps to find caches in Stockholm I dont have

this problem.

I have been creating a cache database for NZ during some weeks and I did not have these problems in the beginning (beginning of january).

I have tried two computers running XP and FIrefox. Same problem with both.

So it must be a problem related to only some parts of the world ?

Hoping for a solution soon since i am going to NZ in a week and would like to prepare my own database

of caches to search for over there !!

I've located the problem and fixed it in our code base. Unfortunately it won't be fixed until our next push out. Sorry for the issue. Only work around I can suggest right now is to use Google Earth until this is released.

-Raine

Hi Raine,

Thanks for the info re the fix. Am another person wanting to get it working asap - due to go away at the end of the week and wanting to plan stops along the route for my kids. Can we get an idea when the next 'push out' is scheduled?

Many thanks.

Hi again

Just thought I'd add a comment regarding the problems with google maps.

If I enter "Stockholm, sweden" in the startpage of google maps, I will get a working look of all caches in Stockholm. Without any problems, I can zoom in and scroll the map and the caches are updating just as they should.

If I instead enter "New Zealand" in the startpage i will end up in an island outside the westcost of the south

Island of New Zealand. There are no caches on this Island and I think thats why I can see the map.

If i scroll the map eastward until i hit the mainland the scrolling still works. As soon as the scrolling will result in a need to display caches, the fault appears and I get a blank screen.

My input to the faultseekers, is that I think it must have something to do with differences on different places of the world map !!

Hope this wasn't too obvious and that You understand my point !!

Good luck searching for the fault !!!!

/Björn

Hi Raine,

I'm from Australia and am having the same problem that everyone else is on this post and I also know other people that are having the same issue. :) :) If I go to seattle on the map it shows purple squares and some caches around it but anything in Australia doesn't show anything at all just the debug error. Has the push out with the fix been done yet.

Thanks Taje00 :)

Hi Raine,

I'm from Australia and am having the same problem that everyone else is on this post and I also know other people that are having the same issue. :) :) If I go to seattle on the map it shows purple squares and some caches around it but anything in Australia doesn't show anything at all just the debug error. Has the push out with the fix been done yet.

Thanks Taje00 :)

We're having this same problem intermittently - it's now a couple of days since we were advised 'it will be a couple of days', so we're wondering how long now? We're going away soon and want to print out some caches!!

Thanks for your help.

(any work-arounds for it?) :D

As Raine pointed out you can use google earth. I was reluctant to do this (yet another install on the PC) but i did and loaded their KML file and alls fine here - mind you i do print out a localised sheet before i go so plan along the way - i'd imagine if you're accessing the site as you're going it might be more of a pain!

Lewis.

not sure if this would work for the DEbug error when expaning or searching maps for caches, but here's what I found:

Advanced DNS features

DNS in iSeries Navigator provides an interface for configuring and managing your DNS server. The following tasks are provided as shortcuts for administrators who are familiar with the iSeries graphical interface. They provide fast methods for changing server status and attributes for multiple instances at once.

Changing DNS attributes

The DNS interface does not allow you to change all server instance autostart and debug levels at once. You can use the character-based interface to change these settings for individual DNS server instances, or for all instances at once. Follow these steps to use CHGDNSA:

At the command line, type CHGDNSA and press F4.

On the Change DNS Server Attributes (CHGDNSA) page, type the name of a single server instance, or *ALL, and press Enter.

The available server attribute options will display:

Autostart server . . . . . . . . *SAME *YES, *NO, *SAME

Debug level . . . . . . . . . . *SAME 0-11, *SAME, *DFT

Autostart To specify that the DNS servers selected should automatically start when TCP/IP is started, type *YES. If you do not want the server to start when TCP/IP is started, type *NO. To leave the attribute at its current settings, type *SAME.

Debug level To change the debug level that the DNS servers selected should use, type a value between 0 and 11. To specify that the debug level should inherit the sever startup debug value, type *DFT. To leave the attribute at its current settings, type *SAME.

When you have entered all your preferences, press Enter to set the DNS attributes

Hello

After some weeks in dispair I yesterday found out that using google maps to select caches in New Zealand

works again. I was so happy and it really was a relief for me because I will be going on a cache holiday in just three days. No I can select some caches usng google Earth.

Whatever someone did THANKS A LOT !!!!! :D

/Björn

Hi,

Any idea when the next 'push out' will be?

I'm still getting the;

"EO.Web Controls Client Slide Debug Message

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0 (Not recommended for debug build)"

Error message.... :P

I'm running Windows Visata and IE7

Hi,

Any idea when the next 'push out' will be?

I'm still getting the;

"EO.Web Controls Client Slide Debug Message

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0 (Not recommended for debug build)"

Error message.... :D

I'm running Windows Visata and IE7

Bump

Still no change. Any help or advice?

I have seen no change at all. It always works on my computer with XP Pro. My new laptop however with Vista has the problem. Someone said earlier they identified the problem hoever gave no estimate as to when it will be fixed. Others with Vista seem to have the same issues.

same thing here. i'm new to geocaching but am surprised that an error this widespread has persisted for so long. regardless of the operating system or the country of the user, the "EO.web.Runtime.DebugLevel" error persists. very hard to use the "map it" feature on geocaching.com when EVERY time you pan it locks up and shows this error. would someone please fix this issue.

I feel the same way. I've been having this problem since they reimplemented the google map view last year sometime, and watching this thread for a few weeks now. It's an extremely useful feature, and therefore the disappointment is equally extreme to have it not work...

When will the next "push out" take place?

I have managed to avoid the error by doing this: click to pan, pan and drag to the area you want to see next, BUT before you let go of the click (which will set off the search and thus the error) give it about a second or two to load the map underneath and THEN unclick.

This seems to work for me and I dont' get the error. If I pan too quickly, error every time.

same thing here. i'm new to geocaching but am surprised that an error this widespread has persisted for so long. regardless of the operating system or the country of the user, the "EO.web.Runtime.DebugLevel" error persists. very hard to use the "map it" feature on geocaching.com when EVERY time you pan it locks up and shows this error. would someone please fix this issue.

Edited by no_peeking

As of this weekend, It apears to be working again normally for me. I will try to remember the trick about letting the new map re-draw before letting go of the cursur if the problem comes back for me.

Hopefully it is or will be fixed for everyone soon.

I feel the same way. I've been having this problem since they reimplemented the google map view last year sometime, and watching this thread for a few weeks now. It's an extremely useful feature, and therefore the disappointment is equally extreme to have it not work...

When will the next "push out" take place?

I have managed to avoid the error by doing this: click to pan, pan and drag to the area you want to see next, BUT before you let go of the click (which will set off the search and thus the error) give it about a second or two to load the map underneath and THEN unclick.

This seems to work for me and I dont' get the error. If I pan too quickly, error every time.

Well, I know I said this, but now it's not working for me. So, doesn't seem to be the issue.

Can't wait for the update that fixes the problem... When will that be?

Well, the last time we had the problem down here in NZ -- you will see my post above from earlier in the year, it was around 6 days before it got fixed.

I don't know if we are having the problem at the moment -- I will go check in a moment -- but the last time it seemed to mostly only affect New Zealand maps. This time round seems a bit more widespread, so maybe there will be a quicker fix.

Will report back shortly about whether maps are working for us down here.

Annie

Back again! - Apears to be working OK today down under --- hoping you guys get a fix quicker than we did last month!!!!

Edited by Annie & PB

I was running Windows Vista with IE 7 and have reported the issue recently. A site response was that the issue was currently being addressed.

In another forum on the site, recommendations were to try Firefox as a web browser. I've switched from IE 7 to Firefox and am now rid of the EO. Web Controls Debug Messages and Parsing Caches. So far, so good until the issue is resolved.

Glad to find this topic. I have been having this same problem only on my new computer running Vista Premium and IE 7. The map runs fine on my son's laptop running XP Pro and IE 7. So is it a Vista problem?

I've seen no answers for awhile - Is someone working on this? Does anybody know what the issue is?

It is really frustrating since Geocaching Google Maps is my way of planning caching runs.

Glad to find this topic. I have been having this same problem only on my new computer running Vista Premium and IE 7. The map runs fine on my son's laptop running XP Pro and IE 7. So is it a Vista problem?

I've seen no answers for awhile - Is someone working on this? Does anybody know what the issue is?

It is really frustrating since Geocaching Google Maps is my way of planning caching runs.

Not Just a Vista Problem... I have the problem on both mie and my wife's laptop. She is running Vista Premium, I am running XP PRO the one machine I have that does work fine is my Vista premium at home PC

I too am waiting this bug to be fixed. Thought it was my laptop and actually reformatted and cleaned it up and it still didnt work.,.. immagine my supprise.

Papamouse

We purchased a new laptop with Vista and immediately had trouble with the map on the Geocaching website. A friend's computer with Vista did not have any trouble. So what was the difference? Our new computer had a trial offer for Norton 360. Knowing we were not going to continue with the program after the trial offer, we uninstalled Norton 360. The geocaching website works perfectly now! Coincidence? We are not sure, but our difficulty with the EO. Web Runtime Debug Level is resolved.

I'm sorry all of you are having trouble, and I really want to get this fixed but first I would really appreciate some more info if you can.

Please tell me

• operating system
  • browser and version
  • URL which causes the error
  • Do you use Norton Antivirus?

Thank you. Hopefully we will start to see some pattern and fix this. It's very difficult for us here if we can't duplicate (which we can't at the moment).

Edited by OpinioNate

I'm sorry all of you are having trouble, and I really want to get this fixed but first I would really appreciate some more info if you can.

Please tell me

• operating system
  • browser and version
  • URL which causes the error
  • Do you use Norton Antivirus?

Thank you. Hopefully we will start to see some pattern and fix this. It's very difficult for us here if we can't duplicate (which we can't at the moment).

Thank you, Thank you - I hope you can help!

My List: (In your order)

Windows Vista Premium

IE 7

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...p;lng=-75.31352 (the numbers could be anything and are NOT the same as the coords. for the cache page I'm on when I attempt to search "Geocaching.com Google maps") This is just one example.

Yes, I'm running Nortons 360

I think GWING may be onto something with the Norton's 360. I also installed 360 on my old computer, I am working on trying Google maps (which used to work fine) on it - but that computer is slow as molassas on its own and there are currently 2 other computers in the house sucking on resources. I'll let you know as soon as I can get an answer. In the meantime, realize that my son's laptop, running XP Prof. and IE 7 and NOT Norton's 360, links to and pans in google maps just fine.

Please Help!!!!!