Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

I'm starting to get... concerned. I was pretty quick on the gun, or so I thought, but I haven't gotten my reply. Hmm...

No reply here either and I had my order filled out and sitting open in my email just waiting for the address.

Sent it as soon as I got the address. Keeping my fingers crossed :unsure:

YIPPIE!!!!!! Got my "got it" email :D :D Cant wait to see these little cuties :lol:

I got soo lucky... I wasn't even expecting to be in front of a computer at 9. I left early and rushed, my clock said 9pm as I darted from the car to the front door.. and then whew...site not updated until 9:07 (est)

Thanks for all your hard work Steph! You're a brilliant artist & your coins have so much meaning :D

and thanks for laying out all the details and trying to address everyones concerns to be as fair as possible...I can't wait to see the remint colorings :unsure:

I'm starting to get... concerned. I was pretty quick on the gun, or so I thought, but I haven't gotten my reply. Hmm...

No reply here either and I had my order filled out and sitting open in my email just waiting for the address.

Sent it as soon as I got the address. Keeping my fingers crossed :unsure:

Reserved 10 and got 5, better than none :lol:

Just an update:

I only have a few green turtles left and 54 emails to repsond too. I had 125 emails come in pretty much at the same time, I have been responding to each in the order they arrived.

Unfortunately if you have not heard from by now, the chances of you getting a turtle on this run is not good. I'm sorry if I'm not able to fill your order. Please keep in mind there will be a remint of the green and 1 new version, everyone will have the chance to get at least 1 original color and the new one.

If you feel the need to vent, please send me an email and we can discuss it but I've tried to run this sale in the most fair way possible.

kyk96 : edit to say, I received a very nice email from you and glad we could talk about the issue:) Thanks!

AT: get a grip, I've reported this thread to be merged with the old one. I doubt the moderators are monitoring this site 24/7. It's being taken care of....geesh.

Thanks everyone for the support, I wish I could have filled orders for all of you tonight.

Edited by tsunrisebey

Have yet to receive an email. No matter how fast I thought I was - I think the proof is in the posting here ~ I probably didn't make it.

Regardless, I have to say - this is much preferred method, in my opinion, to sitting on a website - filling a shopping cart - and then have it changed or dumped before you can pay. I truly believe Stephanie tried really hard to satisfy those who wanted one of these coins.

There was one color I really wanted because it is a combination of colors frequently used by my Granddaughter's tribe. Perhaps some of these will be available for trades after they arrive.

Congrats to everyone who had what it took to get their orders in. And Congrats to Tsun - on another fabulous design!

Well, it looks like I've once again missed out on another awesome Tsun coin. :unsure:

Ah, well. I'll live for the next version. As long as I can get in on that one...

I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this, and the attempts to let as many people as possible get coins.

Thanks!

Stephanie, Barry and I would like to say that we enjoy seeing the earth turtle 08 and we know for in fact that they are going to look just as beautiful seeing them when they arrive then as the pictures. We enjoy reading what all your coins mean to you and why you design such a coin. We learn more and more about you. It is been a great pleasure getting to know you more. We beleive you always been fair to everyone including us. We look forward to seeing your next designs. Hope you do design a TSUN 08 coin :unsure: . Thanks Stephanie and again it seems like your coins sold out fast, shows how good of a talent you really do have for designing coins.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Had the reservation form copied and ready in an email.... got the address and sent off my email as soon as I could... and still missed out :unsure: . I think from now on I'll save myself the frustration and just wait for them to show up on that auction place :lol: .

Congrats, Steph, on another great design!

Congrats to all who got in.

Was 2pm local time here. Sat down and the web site said 7 minutes to go at 2.03pm

Got the email ready. Refreshed the page and it was up! Yeah - sent email.

But missed out.

Oh well.... maybe someone will trade later on.

However got four packages in the mail today, including the moustik butterfly, so not all sad.

Merged duplicate threads.

I'm not wild about the way this went down as it seems to be more than just a coincidence that a new thread was opened after the old one was asked to be shut down.

Please don't read anything into this. I wanted to wish Steph good luck and when I checked on the original thread it was closed (I don't know the reason why). That is why I started the new thread. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to get our panties in a bunch, ok?

I'm frankly sorry I started the thread at all now (other than I wished to show support for Steph) as it seems my motives have been questioned. :unsure:

Sorry Steph. Didn't mean to put you in a bad position. Next time I'll send you my wishes privately.

Next time I'll send you my wishes privately.

I don't know why this wasn't done in the first place, but hey...at least you know better for next time, I guess. :unsure:

Congrats to all those who got in on the coin they wanted...I am sure there's gonna be some heavy trading going on, LOL....

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I don't know why this wasn't done in the first place, but hey...at least you know better for next time, I guess. :D

I think they may have read a lot of your similar posts in other threads and used them as a guide to post their excitement and good wishes about this set of coins. :lol::D:D:unsure::D:D:D

I don't know why this wasn't done in the first place, but hey...at least you know better for next time, I guess. :D

I think they may have read a lot of your similar posts in other threads and used them as a guide to post their excitement and good wishes about this set of coins. :lol::DB):unsure::D:D:D

Indeed, you just may be correct. However, I generally post in the coin's thread. Oh well, back to the purpose of this thread...I think there should be a forum edition turtle...like black and blue :D

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Indeed, you just may be correct. However, I generally post in the coin's thread. Oh well, back to the purpose of this thread...I think there should be a forum edition turtle...like black and blue :unsure:

No I think its already been decided that the next one will be plaid!!!

Indeed, you just may be correct. However, I generally post in the coin's thread. Oh well, back to the purpose of this thread...I think there should be a forum edition turtle...like black and blue :unsure:

No I think its already been decided that the next one will be plaid!!!

Plaid would be interesting...perhaps paisley?

Don't worry about it... it's a live and learn situation. Some people feel the need to start trouble... :lol: . I know you didn't know what would result from all of this.

For the record, I asked the orignal thread be closed because I didn't feel it nescessary that the thread become a circus during the sale. I thought this could be done quietly and without pumping a thread endlessly in order to start a feeding frenzy and the fact that I don't announce sales on the threads right away. I knew I wouldn't have time to come onto a thread and answer a bunch of questions or address issues as they arose. There is alot of joy and alot of disappointment that comes along with something like this and I had hoped that most comments would just come through emails where I could address them in private. I consider this a learning lesson for myself also, in retrospect had I known that people needed an outlet to express excitement or disappointment, guess I'll leave the threads open from now on. In the end it caused a little more trouble than I had anticipated, sorry about that. Guess I better eat some more nutella.

Second note: for anyone interested in a remint there will be one, quite a few people missed out. The green is being reminted and I am working on a blue color combination, I may do one more combination but not quite sure yet so stay tuned.

Just some stats for those who are curious: 112 emails came in at less than 30 seconds after I finally was able to log onto my own site, lol. 7:07 and at 7:09 a second group came of 56 emails came in at the same time and before I could get robooted to shut the page down. There were 76 total orders filled and then the turtles were all gone.

Orders came in from USA, Canada, Iraq, Japan, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Norway and a couple others that have slipped my mind, so there were a variety of time zones that stayed awake and did get orders filled, thanks again all for all the support. I think overall things went pretty smoothly and if you could have seen how badly I was sweating as I was frantically trying to log onto my site as you were all F5 junkies, it would have been funny to see. I actually had to take a shower after the sale, I was just a wee bit stressed and nervous :D

Ok, again if you have questions, comments, drop me an email, I have answered just about everyone who has sent a note, still trying to catch up here.

tsun :unsure:

edit for some spelling

I'm not wild about the way this went down as it seems to be more than just a coincidence that a new thread was opened after the old one was asked to be shut down.

Please don't read anything into this. I wanted to wish Steph good luck and when I checked on the original thread it was closed (I don't know the reason why). That is why I started the new thread. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to get our panties in a bunch, ok?

I'm frankly sorry I started the thread at all now (other than I wished to show support for Steph) as it seems my motives have been questioned. :D

Sorry Steph. Didn't mean to put you in a bad position. Next time I'll send you my wishes privately.

Edited by tsunrisebey

I'm frankly sorry I started the thread at all now (other than I wished to show support for Steph) as it seems my motives have been questioned. :unsure:

My 2 cents is that you should not feel sorry for trying to show Stephanie your support. I too like her designs and think she designs beautiful coins. It seems like this is turning into a sparring match over nothing. If TSUN's thread was closed already, I don't understand what was wrong with ThePetersTrio opening another to show her support? I realize I am sort of a newbie on here so maybe I am missing something. Anyhow, GREAT COIN STEPH :lol::D

I don't know why this wasn't done in the first place, but hey...at least you know better for next time, I guess. :lol:

And I don't know why it's so hard for you to read what I already posted. The previous thread was CLOSED. I had nothing but good wishes for Steph and her sale. I wanted to express my support openly. I never thought that wishing someone well would be taken by some as a horrible thing to do.

The term "curmudgeon" suddenly springs to mind though. :unsure:

Perhaps an apology is in order for jumping to conclusions? It appears that it was just a coincidence.

My post has been edited and emails have been exchanged. A lot happens in private that never gets seen in here and yes, sometimes things are taken wrong.

Mistakes are made and I'll own up to making one here which is why the threads have been merged, titles have been changed, apologies have been sent and this thread is open.

My apologies for the confusion and any hurt feelings.

My post has been edited and emails have been exchanged. A lot happens in private that never gets seen in here and yes, sometimes things are taken wrong.

Mistakes are made and I'll own up to making one here which is why the threads have been merged, titles have been changed, apologies have been sent and this thread is open.

Thanks that means alot! It takes a big pastafarian to come forward and say what you did. More meatballs for you :unsure:

Thanks that means alot! It takes a big pastafarian to come forward and say what you did. More meatballs for you :lol:

Ditto! :unsure:

"Orders came in from USA, Canada, Iraq, Japan, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Norway and a couple others that have slipped my mind, so there were a variety of time zones that stayed awake and did get orders filled, thanks again all for all the support."

I too would have gladly stayed up were it possible, I had commitments today and there was no way I could stay up into the wee small hours, glad I didn't after reading these posts as it seems very hit and miss as to whether I would have got an order filled anyway.

I guess I'm grumpy 'cos I've missed out yet again on Turtles - but I cannot understand why this sale had to take place at such an hour, I know you can never please everyone all of the time, but with just 24 hours in the day across the World - I am sure that this sale could have been split to give everyone a fair chance at a reasonable time of the day. Just my 2 cents worth.

Having got that off my chest, congratulations on the sell out and another brilliant coin.

Glad you're working on a combo with blue. That color was greatly missed with the first batch :)

I'm with ya on that one! I would love to see one in blue. :D

Thanks for coming up with another great design! I was able to get all the ones that I wanted. I knew competition would be tough but had no idea how tough.

I just want to address trade requests emailed to me.

As much as I would love to trade coins, I'm not able to trade something I don't physically have in hand yet and I only keep a few holdback coins for any issues that arise in the shipping process. I keep those coins on hold for 2 to 3 weeks until I'm sure that most orders have successfully been received.

Only then do I open what I have left (which isn't much) to trade requests. Right now I have a list as long as my arm, so I encourage those who are looking for trades to look within the community first. When I am able, I go down the list of requests in the order they came in and either offer up a trade or buy. I'd much rather sell them on ebay and make the big bucks too, lol. I have kept a standard practice of only trading or to buy 1 version of the coin so that I can make sure those who are looking for them get at least 1 coin if I can swing it.

Thought I'd throw that out there. I'm just not able to offer up trades as quickly as others because I have to look out for customers first, hope that makes sense and why you don't see me posting in the trading thread.

Remint: Yup the green so everyone has a shot at one of the originals and a blue version (I'm leaning on antique silver again). I'm not sure how I am going to run the remint yet but I'm not going to open up reservation/sales/whatever until I have samples of the blue ones to show you. I'll clarify more down the road.

For those of you going to GW6... I'm leaning towards the in person trade only version as copper with ...., ......, and ..... colors :) I will say this, I've never used these colors before, lol.

Edited by tsunrisebey

Dang Sista!!! Look what ya went and done did now!!!...Just caught on that these things went up fer sale and went gone at the blink of an eye!...Glad i missed the rock chuckin! :)B)

Ya know, as much of an impact these guys had on me when I saw em, its not so bad- I think 10 months ago i woulda been absolutley Heart Broken to miss out on these...But now I am much older and wiser than way back when :DB):D ~ I wonder what happened??? Not Butt-hurt, Not Crying, Not throwin stuff in disbelief that I missed out- WHAT GIVES??? I am starting to worry myself!!! :D

Still want one though and a few more to boot!

Maybe you should present your coin sells as an alias, That way no ones ticked off at YOU! DANG THAT T-SUNS LITTLE HELPER!!! B) ... :D

I had been waiting since before 9, w/my email ready...... somehow folks were able to get onto the site and I didn't. I must have done something wrong, LOLOL!!!!! Wish I knew about that F5 thing. I tried till 9:30.....not realizing they were all gone by way beore then!!!!!!! Boy, I stink at this coin rush thing!

Congrats tsun on your sale..... sure wish those little cuties were crawling my way, but congrats to those that were able to get 'em!

If anyone has any extras of the colors to trade/sell, please let me know. The green, I will get upon remint (I hope) These are for ME, not to sell, etc..... I would just love to have them in my collection......

Thanks!!!!

Sonya

Ya know, as much of an impact these guys had on me when I saw em, its not so bad- I think 10 months ago i woulda been absolutley Heart Broken to miss out on these...But now I am much older and wiser than way back when :unsure::laughing::laughing: ~ I wonder what happened??? Not Butt-hurt, Not Crying, Not throwin stuff in disbelief that I missed out- WHAT GIVES??? I am starting to worry myself!!! :laughing:

What happened = two words = EMMA GEM!!!