Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

Phewww!!! I think I got them too :-) I payed through paypal and got a paypal receipt. Just not an invoice from Tsun yet.

I'm on holiday in England, so had to get up one hour earlier (Netherlands live one our later...) and borrow my friends laptop. But it seems to have worked!

Yikes - Tooey was too late again ! I set my alarm Thursday night and duly rose and padded my way down in the dark when it went off only to discover the date had changed, and last night - did I think to set my alarm again, no. It's becoming not so much about getting one of these awesome coins, which would be great, but it's just as much fun to be in the running to try and get one and I missed all the fun the morning, congrats to all those that did and congrats again to Tsun for yet another sell out. Oh and Happy New Year everyone :)

I'm curious, with the time being more "European Friendly" did the Americans still purchase the majority of the coins? Or did our friends across the pond score the majority?

None of my business, I know :P but just wondering.

Yeah, I was wondering something along the same lines:

1. How many successful purchasers vs how many hopefuls total?

2. Did people average two of each or generously choose to get only one of each so there were more successful purchasers?

3. And did the Europeans score a larger percentage of successes over us crazy Americans? :ph34r:

CF30

I've been gone for 2 weeks for the holidays and drove 33 out of 48 hrs. to get home in time for the sale.... it was tough, but I managed to stay up an extra 2 hours to buy myself one each. I normally would have gotten two each, but after the last sale I decided to do the process as quick and easy as possible, and then off to bed I went... :ph34r:

Now all I need to do is catch up a bit on reading the forums for two weeks, convince my wife that I need to go find the 20 some odd caches that were placed while we were gone and straighten my sleep patterns out before work on Monday!

Alright, I'm up and running :lol: I'm printing invoices and soon paypal shipping, so these should ALL go out on Monday.

Overall, it went smoothly but I have to admit it took me a bit to get logged on and the coins listed because you were all bogging down the system. As usual I was sick to my stomach prior to the sale and couldn't get to sleep for about an hour later.

I'll address a few of you that wrote me who didn't get their orders but it won't be until probably later tonight. I know a few of you are disappointed but only 1 person was cranky after the sale so thanks for being reasonable for those of you who missed out for whatever reason.

From what I was able to tell without being totally awake: it took just under a minute to show the coins in the negative numbers before I had to wipe them off the system. The majority of buyers were still from the US :ph34r: I'm pretty blessed to have such a loyal following :P Sometimes I think it's more about the thrill of hitting F5 versus actually wanting the coins, lol. I believe I had about 74 orders for a listing of 110 of each version listed (although each oversold by quite a bit cause I couldn't delete them fast enough-and I always honor those).

Again, make sure you check your packages for your small ticket it is for the drawing of the Lump of Coal edition (no pictures will be posted so it will be kind of a surprise).

2009 versions of ET's are being worked on and things will be done a wee bit differently for the upcoming versions. I have 2 and possibly up to 4 different designs planned. Chinese new year may be the year of the Ox but the Montana New Year is the year of the Earth Turtle. There will be a micro design also. That's just a little heads up about what's up and coming.

For now I'm taking a breather and probably won't have a release of any coin until possibly late February which will be Neptunes Compass that has been waiting since Fall of 07.

So Happy New Year all and as always thank you for making another sale very successful, you are all the best and I definitely appreciate you all and the support you have given me be it buying or encouragment and kind comments.

PS: Big D, you crack me up, lol.

Off to pack some coins :unsure:

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

I know Mike was really upset after this one. He said he got stuck in some wierd loop that wouldn't let him check out but I guess kept taking him back to the same page. He didn't get any and had stayed up for the sale. I don't see him staying up for another one at this point. I know I won't. It is too frustrating.

I know Mike was really upset after this one. He said he got stuck in some wierd loop that wouldn't let him check out but I guess kept taking him back to the same page. He didn't get any and had stayed up for the sale. I don't see him staying up for another one at this point. I know I won't. It is too frustrating.

the loop thing is what happened to me during the DT sale - when i followed steph's directions precisely i was able to make the cart work. the trick is those three little empty boxes, one of which is between the two sets of address fields. you have to click the box that says "shipping address is the same"

i can't tell you how many practice runs i made. and they came in handy when tsun did the surprise sale a week or so ago.

three holiday turtles sitting on the arm of my chair even as we speak!

rsg

the loop thing is what happened to me during the DT sale - when i followed steph's directions precisely i was able to make the cart work. the trick is those three little empty boxes, one of which is between the two sets of address fields. you have to click the box that says "shipping address is the same"

i can't tell you how many practice runs i made. and they came in handy when tsun did the surprise sale a week or so ago.

three holiday turtles sitting on the arm of my chair even as we speak!

rsg

Mike and Mandy,

Look, I know it's frustrating. However, I have stated over and over in newsletters and this thread (and all my sales threads), please practice. I have made myself available to everyone every night and answered questions, I also have the test products set up for this purpose. I didn't see the 'test' emails come in from your email and I checked invoice records.

Ask Lara, I worked with her quite a few times and I even offered to call her to work through the system. The system works just a bit differently for some people, I don't know why but it does but once you know how it works for your browser, it's easy to navigate you just gotta be super quick. Knowing that an ET sale is madness, I asked people not to show up to the sale if you know you disappoint easily. It's much less stressful to trade.

I'm not trying to be rude by any means but I can't do much more than everything I have already done. I've had this site for a good 6 months now and I always say the same thing prior to a sale (practice, practice, practice-do a 2nd run with your nickname/password). I must have deleted 100 test orders this past week and I believe most everyone who did a 'dry run' managed to get their order filled.

In the end these are just coins and not worth being sad/upset about. Many people here are very willing to trade and most know that and don't even bother with sales because it's less stressful.

If you need help with the site, I'm always available to give step by step instructions with the exception of an hour or so prior to a sale. Offer is always there for anyone who needs it.

Now cowgirl up and forget about the silly little turtles, you just saved some $$$, I suggest some Nutella and a wii game :ph34r:

Know what- I don't even know what they look like!! Can't waste time admiring during a Turtle Sale! I REALLY like that "Buy The Maximum Allowed" button (or whatever it said). It saves alot of time changing the quantity!

Another AMAZING Sale! but, if you're planing on more wee hour sales I've gotta get me a new sofa-I could hardly stand up straight this morning, PLUS the cat decided to get rid of a hairball whilst sleeping on the back right above me!! Cats don't fly very well!(but they DO land on their feet)

Mike and Mandy,

I must have deleted 100 test orders this past week and I believe most everyone who did a 'dry run' managed to get their order filled.

I bet half a dozen of those deletions were mine :ph34r:

I was lucky enough to get mine. I wasn't sure since I am on DSL, but it worked when it needed to. I even screwed up on my PayPal password once. Too nervous and fat-fingered the password (stupid shaking hands).

Well I think I got my order in, I made it to check out and received a receipt from Paypal. I read that others have received invoices, but so far nothing. Does that mean its good if I made it through paypal?

This is a first sale like this for me. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Karen

I just received a shipping notice with tracking number so I'm good. Can't wait to see them.

K

Edited by kmmlynch

I did my test run many weeks ago but I wasn't here during the sell. I was at work. Mike said he did click the address button. I didn't have this problem on the DT sale. Two coins disappeared out of my basket but I went straight to checkout. This is simply not worth the hassle. As for trades, I've done enough at this point to know to not even bother trying to trade for some coins. I have some coins that I am not willing to part with for just any coin and so does everybody else.

I did my test run many weeks ago but I wasn't here during the sell. I was at work. Mike said he did click the address button. I didn't have this problem on the DT sale. Two coins disappeared out of my basket but I went straight to checkout. This is simply not worth the hassle. As for trades, I've done enough at this point to know to not even bother trying to trade for some coins. I have some coins that I am not willing to part with for just any coin and so does everybody else.

hallo!

i have a red glitter/silver holiday turtle ready to mail to you tomorrow. no trades, just because i think you will really love it!

rsg

I missed them :lol:

I was on my holiday address without internet.

I asked my husband who was still at home looking after our kittens to give it a try, but he did not succeed. He had one in the basket, but when he wanted to pay it said 0

So if anyone has an extra one and wants to trade????

Send you an e-mail ;-)

received my paypal shipping email yesterday woo hooo , my heart beat has not slowed down yet .im getting tingly just thinking about seeing them in our geocoin collection.congrats on job very well done tsun.you put alot of work pulling everything together & our geocaching family wants to thank you tsun