Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

I suppose it's time for a Christmas Earth Turtle update, since the emails about them have been picking up. They are up for sale right now, good luck!

;) Seriously, the mint has taken over 6 weeks to mint these and I'm still waiting on word from them. So, I don't have an exact ship date but there was mention of the 16th. If I can get them by Friday, the sale will be held in the wee hours of Saturday morning US time zone. As I promised I am catering to the European time zone this sale. Now before I give out the details, let me address the problems/concerns/whines/pouting that tend to follow these sales :D 1. If you are in the US and you aren't a 1 am to 3 am person, your gonna hate me. 2. If you can't stand the mad rush that comes along with these coin sales, don't set your alarm clock. 3. If you like the adrenaline rush win or lose, set your alarm clock. 4. If you think you're the first person to get the coins in your cart and checkout according to your computer screen, only to learn you actually were competing with 100 other people when the coins disappeared, you might want to stay in bed. 5. If this is stressful at all, you might not want to play this game. 6. If you have a slow connection well I guess your SOL. 7. If you get frustrated easy, you might not want to be up for this sale. 8. If you don't like me, well that's ok too :D 9. The chances are very good that you may not get one when trying to order or the system may not work for you when checking out, if you get upset by this, best not go to the sale. 10. Please don't ask me to set aside a set for you because if i did it for you, I might as well do it for everyone and then there is no reason for having a sale. 11. If you want to complain to me about making enough for everyone, I'm not baking cookies here. There are over 1,000 2008 ET's out there right now, there is enough for everyone. Oh but you meant 1 version for everyone, sorry, no need to be selfish :P 12. If you think I'm just a big smarta** well you'd be right, be thankful you don't have to work or live with me. 13. While it is your right to complain, I'm done coming on the threads and explaining every facet of a sale to try to soothe the people who don't get a coin, I say the same thing over and over and for now I can only give ya the best I got and Truly, I'm sorry your upset, it sucks, I know but it is just a little piece of metal and plenty of people will get tired of the coin down the road and you can trade for it. 14. Thanks in advance for the support. 15. Yes, I will limit sales. 16. This is the LAST 2008 ET minting.

*** The Naughty Lump of Coal version (20 made) are not being sold. Half of them will be given away details will be on my website if you don't know how this is taking place. I'm not trading any, so don't beg, it won't work. I will sell a few and those will funds will be used to help me mint a coin for my 'Bucket List' project ( a project that means alot to me ).

Santas Helper is the red glitter/nickel metal version - 140 made (limit 2)

Santa's Elf is the green glitter/gold metal version - 140 made (limit 2)

EDIT TO THE SALE DATE WILL NOT BE ON THE 20TH, MINT STILL ISN'T DONE

PROPOSED SALE DATE:

*US date December (CHANGING) 01:00 am Montana time/ 3:00 am Eastern/12:00am Pacific

*European date December (CHANGING)

Time Zones as follows:

*Amsterdam, Netherlands; 9:00 am

*Germany 9:00 am

*Lisbon, Portugal 8:00 am

*London, UK 8:00 am

Tip: Please use the 'test' product on my site to test the website for buying. You do not need a nickname or password to buy anything. Do not wait until Friday night to test, my Montana Grizzlies are playing in the National Football Championship FCS and I won't be home to answer questions and I will also be gone a few hours after the sale takes place (going out of town for half the day), so I won't get to shipping/packing/answering questions until late in the evening, so be patient. If you have questions, please email me or post them here prior to the sale. I'll answer as I have the time.

WHEW! Did I forget anything? :huh:

11pm Perth- Just before bedtime. :P

Well after all that, I got an email from the mint and they still aren't done and they won't be shipped in time. Maybe I outta change these to New Years version. UGH! Sorry.

I've started coming to the conclusion I need to add a month onto the time frame I think I need to get coins minted. Mind you, on my latest coins, that was due to the initial price quote being a lot higher than I expected, requiring me to change the design a bit. Then more changes were needed to make the artwork workable and capture what I wanted. And then, when everything arrived, I found out the mint had messed up some of the metal/enamel combinations, and how many to make of each, on 2 of the 3 coins I had made. ;) The one coin I was okay with what they did, and the other I'm waiting for them to send the coins they were supposed to make and didn't.

So, I think anyone who has minted a coin understands that some things are just beyond the designer's control....

Another quick reminder the sale date has changed, it is NOT this weekend. I am going to have the sale after Christmas (probably 26th/27th) at least everyone can sleep in. Times will stay the same but I will post again when I'm 100% positive date/time. So please don't get up this weekend and sit at your computer ;)

Edited by tsunrisebey

I suppose it's time for a Christmas Earth Turtle update, since the emails about them have been picking up. They are up for sale right now, good luck!

;) Seriously, the mint has taken over 6 weeks to mint these and I'm still waiting on word from them. So, I don't have an exact ship date but there was mention of the 16th. If I can get them by Friday, the sale will be held in the wee hours of Saturday morning US time zone. As I promised I am catering to the European time zone this sale. Now before I give out the details, let me address the problems/concerns/whines/pouting that tend to follow these sales :P 1. If you are in the US and you aren't a 1 am to 3 am person, your gonna hate me. 2. If you can't stand the mad rush that comes along with these coin sales, don't set your alarm clock. 3. If you like the adrenaline rush win or lose, set your alarm clock. 4. If you think you're the first person to get the coins in your cart and checkout according to your computer screen, only to learn you actually were competing with 100 other people when the coins disappeared, you might want to stay in bed. 5. If this is stressful at all, you might not want to play this game. 6. If you have a slow connection well I guess your SOL. 7. If you get frustrated easy, you might not want to be up for this sale. 8. If you don't like me, well that's ok too :blink: 9. The chances are very good that you may not get one when trying to order or the system may not work for you when checking out, if you get upset by this, best not go to the sale. 10. Please don't ask me to set aside a set for you because if i did it for you, I might as well do it for everyone and then there is no reason for having a sale. 11. If you want to complain to me about making enough for everyone, I'm not baking cookies here. There are over 1,000 2008 ET's out there right now, there is enough for everyone. Oh but you meant 1 version for everyone, sorry, no need to be selfish :P 12. If you think I'm just a big smarta** well you'd be right, be thankful you don't have to work or live with me. 13. While it is your right to complain, I'm done coming on the threads and explaining every facet of a sale to try to soothe the people who don't get a coin, I say the same thing over and over and for now I can only give ya the best I got and Truly, I'm sorry your upset, it sucks, I know but it is just a little piece of metal and plenty of people will get tired of the coin down the road and you can trade for it. 14. Thanks in advance for the support. 15. Yes, I will limit sales. 16. This is the LAST 2008 ET minting.

*** The Naughty Lump of Coal version (20 made) are not being sold. Half of them will be given away details will be on my website if you don't know how this is taking place. I'm not trading any, so don't beg, it won't work. I will sell a few and those will funds will be used to help me mint a coin for my 'Bucket List' project ( a project that means alot to me ).

Santas Helper is the red glitter/nickel metal version - 140 made (limit 2)

Santa's Elf is the green glitter/gold metal version - 140 made (limit 2)

EDIT TO THE SALE DATE WILL NOT BE ON THE 20TH, MINT STILL ISN'T DONE

PROPOSED SALE DATE:

*US date December (CHANGING) 01:00 am Montana time/ 3:00 am Eastern/12:00am Pacific

*European date December (CHANGING)

Time Zones as follows:

*Amsterdam, Netherlands; 9:00 am

*Germany 9:00 am

*Lisbon, Portugal 8:00 am

*London, UK 8:00 am

Tip: Please use the 'test' product on my site to test the website for buying. You do not need a nickname or password to buy anything. Do not wait until Friday night to test, my Montana Grizzlies are playing in the National Football Championship FCS and I won't be home to answer questions and I will also be gone a few hours after the sale takes place (going out of town for half the day), so I won't get to shipping/packing/answering questions until late in the evening, so be patient. If you have questions, please email me or post them here prior to the sale. I'll answer as I have the time.

WHEW! Did I forget anything? ;)

Where to start??

OK, this is wrong in sooo many ways. Once again, you go out and make things all difficult. I am just peeved beyond belief here, why oh why? Making people to be up at all hours of the night, forcing them to wear out their refresh buttons, the coffee used, the sleep deprivation...WHY?? You should be ashamed of yourself!!

And WHY??? Well, all because you once again have made a beautiful coin! You'd better stop making such great coins, my friend, I don't know if people will ever forgive you! ;) Oh, and my "rant"...why, just wanted to get you prepped for the frenzy to come! :D:D:lol: Good luck on the sales! And good luck to all you ET crazed buyer wannabes!! Well, at least I know I won't have to worry! ;)

11. If you want to complain to me about making enough for everyone, I'm not baking cookies here. There are over 1,000 2008 ET's out there right now, there is enough for everyone. Oh but you meant 1 version for everyone, sorry, no need to be selfish ;)

Too funny tsun! Too funny...

(good to hear you aren't baking cookies...you just don't have time! lol!)

Edited by ELTADA

Santa is making a special delivery on Christmas Eve. The Christmas Earth Turtles have been loaded on the sleigh, dressed in their North Pole turtle parkas and turtle moon boots

:) (finally after 2 months of waiting).

Stay tuned for further details and Happy Holidays to all.

tsun

Yipee! Merry Christmas Tsun, May you have a Happy New Years'09. Give your geopups a hugs and a kiss for us. Hope your Christmas Is Merry and Bright. Stay warm and Thank You for the update. Tis the Season is to beleive. From Our House to Yours.

Santa is making a special delivery on Christmas Eve. The Christmas Earth Turtles have been loaded on the sleigh, dressed in their North Pole turtle parkas and turtle moon boots

tsun

I think someone is going to stay up all night in a few days :)

Best wishes Tsun for the Holiday Season to you and you pups from covered with snow Quebec :)

HO HO HO !!!

tsun

No rest for the weary...you're a good kid!! :) Well, Merry Christmas to you and yours...and to EVEYONE!!

And good luck to you...and everyone as well!! Glad I'll not have to worry about waitig. (not that it wouldn't be worth th wait)

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Really looking forward to seeing these Christmas turtles!! I hope that they wait until the weekend to decide who their new owners will be as I don't think internet will be available where I am going before that......

No worries and I'll trade ya problems ;) Not sure when the sale will be, I had a bathroom line freeze and burst, I've been without water and I have to get up every hour and turn the pumps on to run the water thru the pipes so the other lines don't freeze while it creates a nice puddle underneath the house. Not to mention shoveling myself out of snowdrifts up to my chest. To put it mildly I'm tired and cranky right now and the turtles may have to wait until further down the road even if they do get here by tomorrow. I'm having so much fun right now :) Did I mention I love Montana? <_<

Really looking forward to seeing these Christmas turtles!! I hope that they wait until the weekend to decide who their new owners will be as I don't think internet will be available where I am going before that......

No worries and I'll trade ya problems :) Not sure when the sale will be, I had a bathroom line freeze and burst, I've been without water and I have to get up every hour and turn the pumps on to run the water thru the pipes so the other lines don't freeze while it creates a nice puddle underneath the house. Not to mention shoveling myself out of snowdrifts up to my chest. To put it mildly I'm tired and cranky right now and the turtles may have to wait until further down the road even if they do get here by tomorrow. I'm having so much fun right now :) Did I mention I love Montana? <_<

We can bring the wussie knife and help out. Has all kinds if uses. Very good for shoveling I might add.

Sorry for the weather issues. Winter seems to have hit early & very hard this year. Don't worry about the turtles. They'll be a nice treat whenever you get to them. Good luck out there. ;)

No worries and I'll trade ya problems :) Not sure when the sale will be, I had a bathroom line freeze and burst, I've been without water and I have to get up every hour and turn the pumps on to run the water thru the pipes so the other lines don't freeze while it creates a nice puddle underneath the house. Not to mention shoveling myself out of snowdrifts up to my chest. To put it mildly I'm tired and cranky right now and the turtles may have to wait until further down the road even if they do get here by tomorrow. I'm having so much fun right now :) Did I mention I love Montana? <_<

;) That's a crappy thing to have to deal with. I really hope Santa fixes that up for you mighty quick.

Tsun, we are sorry to hear about all the snow and all of the freezing pipes. We had that happen to us before and it is not fun, so we know what you are going thru. We will pray that things get better your way for you. The snow has been hitting all across the US. We are getting snow all week here. Got a feeling it is going to be a long winter.

No worries and I'll trade ya problems :D Not sure when the sale will be, I had a bathroom line freeze and burst, I've been without water and I have to get up every hour and turn the pumps on to run the water thru the pipes so the other lines don't freeze while it creates a nice puddle underneath the house. Not to mention shoveling myself out of snowdrifts up to my chest. To put it mildly I'm tired and cranky right now and the turtles may have to wait until further down the road even if they do get here by tomorrow. I'm having so much fun right now :) Did I mention I love Montana? <_<

You have mentioned your love for Montana, actually :D

Sorry about the frozen burst pipes and the ridiculus amounts of snow ;) That really sucks.. I hate New Jersey Winters, I can't begin to imagine how brutal it is in Montana (though for summers, I think you've got most of us here beat :) ) Good luck with the repairs and shoveling.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope you get it to a point where you can enjoy your holidays. Its times like that when I think renting has its brightside. Am new to all this so I am looking forward to seeing all the craziness this sale seems to brewing.

Someday this will all be a distant memory.

Karen

Well, Tsun - so sorry to hear of your problems.........yes, isn't winta' weather wonderful? But, my hubby won't leave it either......so here we are. Amara (Granddaughter - Francis Family) and I went out on the deck yesterday to play........took me longer to dress her than we were able to tolerate the cold and stay out....... (yes, that's from one storm!) 122208.jpg Should the caption be - "I Love Maine!"????

Tsun - whenever you release the Christmas turtles........surely, folks will be understanding, awaiting the word and waiting.

The most importance piece is to stay safe, be Merry, enjoy your family (dogs, critters, et al) and then.......business shall follow.

Merry Christmas - what would Christmas be without snow? But really, did we need so much? LOL

Well, Tsun - so sorry to hear of your problems.........yes, isn't winta' weather wonderful? But, my hubby won't leave it either......so here we are. Amara (Granddaughter - Francis Family) and I went out on the deck yesterday to play........took me longer to dress her than we were able to tolerate the cold and stay out....... (yes, that's from one storm!) 122208.jpg Should the caption be - "I Love Maine!"????

Tsun - whenever you release the Christmas turtles........surely, folks will be understanding, awaiting the word and waiting.

The most importance piece is to stay safe, be Merry, enjoy your family (dogs, critters, et al) and then.......business shall follow.

Merry Christmas - what would Christmas be without snow? But really, did we need so much? LOL

Your GrandDaughter Amara is so Beautiful. Love them Rosey Cheeks <_<

Thanks for the well wishes and cute granddaughter hollora. Well my day did get better, got a temporary solution to the pipe issue (thank goodness for having a second bathroom ;)) and some Cowgirls came to Montana riding Christmas Turtles. Me likey :) I'll post pics and sales info. another time for now, I'm just gonna kick back and hit the hay early tonight.

Those cowgirl coins turned out beautiful. Now I have some motivation to do a little winter caching :) Thanks for being patient everyone <_<

Edited by tsunrisebey

No worries and I'll trade ya problems ;) Not sure when the sale will be, I had a bathroom line freeze and burst, I've been without water and I have to get up every hour and turn the pumps on to run the water thru the pipes so the other lines don't freeze while it creates a nice puddle underneath the house. Not to mention shoveling myself out of snowdrifts up to my chest. To put it mildly I'm tired and cranky right now and the turtles may have to wait until further down the road even if they do get here by tomorrow. I'm having so much fun right now :) Did I mention I love Montana? <_<

OH NO!!! And I was thinking that shoveling a trail for my dogs to go outside was a problem. If I were close I'd come over to help. I had a friend that had that happen to when we were on vacation. I sure hope that you get things taken care of soon!!!!

I am offering 1 full set as a suprise sale right now. This includes the Lump of Coal Edition which will not be sold only given away and it's at the price of the other 2 ET's. So for all 3 coins, it's $30.00 they are all trackable. I will also offer a set tomorrow on Christmas as a surprise listing. In the case 2 or more people get it in their cart and pay, the first invoice I receive from my website will be honored and any others will be refunded.

:shocked: Look for the Santa edition picture of the turtle, to purchase. Good luck!

I am offering 1 full set as a suprise sale right now. This includes the Lump of Coal Edition which will not be sold only given away and it's at the price of the other 2 ET's. So for all 3 coins, it's $30.00 they are all trackable. I will also offer a set tomorrow on Christmas as a surprise listing. In the case 2 or more people get it in their cart and pay, the first invoice I receive from my website will be honored and any others will be refunded.

:shocked: Look for the Santa edition picture of the turtle, to purchase. Good luck!

Congrat's (we have a winner) and Merry Christmas :shocked:

must be gone, didn't see anything for sale

must be gone, didn't see anything for sale

Yes ma'am, took about 5 minutes before someone got it. I'll do another one tomorrow not sure when though :shocked:

:) Look for the Santa edition picture of the turtle, to purchase. Good luck!

was i first? fingers crossed big time!!!!!!! :laughing:

Did you check your email?

Did you check your email?

just did, oh boy!!!!!!!!

rsg

No worries and I'll trade ya problems :unsure: Not sure when the sale will be, I had a bathroom line freeze and burst, I've been without water and I have to get up every hour and turn the pumps on to run the water thru the pipes so the other lines don't freeze while it creates a nice puddle underneath the house. Not to mention shoveling myself out of snowdrifts up to my chest. To put it mildly I'm tired and cranky right now and the turtles may have to wait until further down the road even if they do get here by tomorrow. I'm having so much fun right now :) Did I mention I love Montana? :laughing:

OH NO!!! And I was thinking that shoveling a trail for my dogs to go outside was a problem. If I were close I'd come over to help. I had a friend that had that happen to when we were on vacation. I sure hope that you get things taken care of soon!!!!

Sorry to hear about the pipe problem, we ran into this too! The pipes at the course froze, did a whopping $200,000 damage and we had to cancel two banquets. Dad used to live there, so the pipes never froze, but he's not there this year and...

CONGRATS RSG, and nice job Tsun! A fun and exciting way to have a sale!

:laughing: Look for the Santa edition picture of the turtle, to purchase. Good luck!

TIME FOR A NEW WIINNER TODAY :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS :unsure:

:laughing: Look for the Santa edition picture of the turtle, to purchase. Good luck!

TIME FOR A NEW WIINNER TODAY :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS :unsure:

Good luck!!