Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

WARNING: Word on the street has it that a large herd/group/pod/pack/flock :) of turtles has been spotted swiiming off the coast of China headed towards the US. They should make landfall on the mainland US, sometime around Thursday. Once on land there will be an enormous turtle stampede that will cause wide spread destruction and panic among citizens. Please take cover immediately. Special turtle herding dogs (Tristin and Dakota) are at the ready and are slated to herd the turtles in Helena, Montana where they will be roped and tied (by tsun the cowgirl) and brought under control. These rogue turtles will then be sent off to homes around the world. It is unknown what path they will take to get here, so please find a safe place away from the impending stampede. I will give the "All Clear" when the danger is over. :)

Yeah Baby...I was just wondering about these rogue turtles...I will be waiting :huh:

Well, I was on a month long vacation and when I returned, I drove straight to the PO on my way back into town...Love these guys.

Very nice much nicer in person...but that is usually the case...

My turtles arrived safely in Scotland this morning.......they're lovely and thanks so much for the little pin Tsun, it's adorable. It's been nabbed by the other half for his jacket though LOL, must have had it in my hand for all of 5 seconds - a bit of a magpie is Andy :) .

Ali

Wow...I still haven't got mine here in Canada..sheesh..

Don't worry. You aren't the only one that didn't get the turtles yet and I live in the Netherlands.

I guess we got the slowest ones :huh:

My turtles arrived safely in Scotland this morning.......they're lovely and thanks so much for the little pin Tsun, it's adorable. It's been nabbed by the other half for his jacket though LOL, must have had it in my hand for all of 5 seconds - a bit of a magpie is Andy :) .

Ali

Wow...I still haven't got mine here in Canada..sheesh..

Don't worry. You aren't the only one that didn't get the turtles yet and I live in the Netherlands.

I guess we got the slowest ones :huh:

I'm jealous that you can wait knowing that they're coming. It's quiet here on the waiting list hoping someone backs out of an order or paypal won't go through for them. I'm going to have to be faster at ordering.

Thought I'd give advance warning on here for the moment. Due to limited time (no Baby earth Turtles being minted for awhile and no trackable

:rolleyes: Christmas coin being done), I'm reopening this design to do a Christmas version, possibly a set. I am turning in artwork for them within the next 2 days. I haven't decided yet what I'm doing for them and will in the next 24-48 hours, so I can't even answer your questions as of yet, so please don't send me emails asking me questions. I promise I'll update my websites and threads. No presales/no reservations, I am only going to order a certain amount and no, I won't put your name on a list ;) If you have any complaints, please see below.

94552~Complaint-Department-Posters.jpg

Just an FYI:

There will be 3 Christmas versions, for a total of only 300 coins. I can hear the groaning now :grin: Assuming most of you are broke anyhow :grin: probably won't be a big fight to get them :)

I will limit the numbers that you can order.

150 of the Santa's Helper edition

130 of the Elf edition

20 of the Naughty lump of coal edition. (Not for sale)

All are trackable and I hope to have them in by early Dec. I'll update when I have definite info.

Edited by tsunrisebey

How bad do I have to be to get the naughty lump of coal edition?

Any matching pins?

Lol.... not sure what I'm going to do with the naughty version yet :( I didn't do pins cause I'm running out of time and $$$, too many projects being done at the same time. I'll probably do the pins at a later date when I can order a bunch at the same time. You're requiring me to think and I'm just to tired to do that right now :blink:

I was just thinking.... I said I would limit orders. Since that seems to be the preference; think I'll limit them to 1/2 a coin of each which means you'll have to find someone to share with :blink:

Cut my coin in half? Just let the other Mom have it ~~ Solomon

Sorry, I'm tired too, calling it a night.

Edited by C A Royal Flush

I was just thinking.... I said I would limit orders. Since that seems to be the preference; think I'll limit them to 1/2 a coin of each which means you'll have to find someone to share with :)

Sorry couldn't help myself.... B) I've used up my 2,500 words for the day back to being a lurker ;)

As long as I aint sharin with Pete then I am good! :D

Just an FYI:

There will be 3 Christmas versions, for a total of only 300 coins. I can hear the groaning now :) Assuming most of you are broke anyhow :D probably won't be a big fight to get them ;)

I will limit the numbers that you can order.

150 of the Santa's Helper edition

130 of the Elf edition

20 of the Naughty lump of coal edition. (Not for sale)

All are trackable and I hope to have them in by early Dec. I'll update when I have definite info.

Is it a new icon or the existing 2008 Earth Turtle icon?

PSU Fan, I thought about that but unless you want to fork over the $150 it takes to get another icon, then no :) My reasoning, why spend more money for something most people don't activate anyhow :D Or I could raise prices to bring in the extra $150 ;) and then submit it. I'm not an icon ho so I don't care one way or the other.

I was just thinking.... I said I would limit orders. Since that seems to be the preference; think I'll limit them to 1/2 a coin of each which means you'll have to find someone to share with :D

Sorry couldn't help myself.... :lol: I've used up my 2,500 words for the day back to being a lurker :)

As long as I aint sharin with Pete then I am good! B)

Wassa matta? Yinz don't like me no more? ;) All Cal-E-For-Ni-Ized now? Geez . . . . :lol:

SALE DATE: PLEASE NOTE IT HAS CHANGED, IT IS NO LONGER ON THE 20TH/21ST.... DATE TO BE DETERMINED.I suppose it's time for a Christmas Earth Turtle update, since the emails about them have been picking up.

;) Seriously, the mint has taken over 6 weeks to mint these and I'm still waiting on word from them. So, I don't have an exact ship date but there was mention of the 16th. If I can get them by Friday, the sale will be held in the wee hours of Saturday morning US time zone. As I promised I am catering to the European time zone this sale. Now before I give out the details, let me address the problems/concerns/whines/pouting that tend to follow these sales :D 1. If you are in the US and you aren't a 1 am to 3 am person, your gonna hate me. 2. If you can't stand the mad rush that comes along with these coin sales, don't set your alarm clock. 3. If you like the adrenaline rush win or lose, set your alarm clock. 4. If you think you're the first person to get the coins in your cart and checkout according to your computer screen, only to learn you actually were competing with 100 other people when the coins disappeared, you might want to stay in bed. 5. If this is stressful at all, you might not want to play this game. 6. If you have a slow connection well I guess your SOL. 7. If you get frustrated easy, you might not want to be up for this sale. 8. If you don't like me, well that's ok too :D 9. The chances are very good that you may not get one when trying to order or the system may not work for you when checking out, if you get upset by this, best not go to the sale. 10. Please don't ask me to set aside a set for you because if i did it for you, I might as well do it for everyone and then there is no reason for having a sale. 11. If you want to complain to me about making enough for everyone, I'm not baking cookies here. There are over 1,000 2008 ET's out there right now, there is enough for everyone. Oh but you meant 1 version for everyone, sorry, no need to be selfish :P 12. If you think I'm just a big smarta** well you'd be right, be thankful you don't have to work or live with me. 13. While it is your right to complain, I'm done coming on the threads and explaining every facet of a sale to try to soothe the people who don't get a coin, I say the same thing over and over and for now I can only give ya the best I got and Truly, I'm sorry your upset, it sucks, I know but it is just a little piece of metal and plenty of people will get tired of the coin down the road and you can trade for it. 14. Thanks in advance for the support. 15. Yes, I will limit sales. 16. This is the LAST 2008 ET minting.

*** The Naughty Lump of Coal version (20 made) are not being sold. Half of them will be given away details will be on my website if you don't know how this is taking place. I'm not trading any, so don't beg, it won't work. I will sell a few and those will funds will be used to help me mint a coin for my 'Bucket List' project ( a project that means alot to me ).

Santas Helper is the red glitter/nickel metal version - 140 made (limit 2)

Santa's Elf is the green glitter/gold metal version - 140 made (limit 2)

EDIT TO THE SALE DATE WILL NOT BE ON THE 20TH, MINT STILL ISN'T DONE

PROPOSED SALE DATE:

*US date December (CHANGING) 01:00 am Montana time/ 3:00 am Eastern/12:00am Pacific

*European date December (CHANGING)

Time Zones as follows:

*Amsterdam, Netherlands; 9:00 am

*Germany 9:00 am

*Lisbon, Portugal 8:00 am

*London, UK 8:00 am

Tip: Please use the 'test' product on my site to test the website for buying. You do not need a nickname or password to buy anything. Do not wait until Friday night to test, my Montana Grizzlies are playing in the National Football Championship FCS and I won't be home to answer questions and I will also be gone a few hours after the sale takes place (going out of town for half the day), so I won't get to shipping/packing/answering questions until late in the evening, so be patient. If you have questions, please email me or post them here prior to the sale. I'll answer as I have the time.

WHEW! Did I forget anything? :huh:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Tsun - in all fairness to those over the ocean.......they are going to love this sale! Looks to me you covered everything except for putting my coffee into the coffeemaker.........now, will those come with a bag of specially ground expresso blend? LOL

Enjoy the Football game - should I say Go Grizzlies!

Is there a picture of both versions or is it a secret?

I don't have a pic of the green one done in the proper colors. I had some gold glitter used and I didn't like the way it looked, so i told them to change it to silver :huh: I have no idea how they will look with the silver glitter highlights but it will be on gold metal for the green glitter version. Let's just hope I did ok with the change :D Cause if they are fugly, nothing I can do about it ;)

Well after all that, I got an email from the mint and they still aren't done and they won't be shipped in time. Maybe I outta change these to New Years version. UGH! Sorry.

Well, that's a bummer but you have to do what you have to do. Good things are worth waiting for in life. They will be cute no matter when. ;)

EDIT TO THE SALE DATE WILL NOT BE ON THE 20TH, MINT STILL ISN'T DONE

PROPOSED SALE DATE:

*US date December (CHANGING) 01:00 am Montana time/ 3:00 am Eastern/12:00am Pacific

*European date December (CHANGING)

Time Zones as follows:

*Amsterdam, Netherlands; 9:00 am

*Germany 9:00 am

*Lisbon, Portugal 8:00 am

*London, UK 8:00 am

Please do it on a Friday or Saturday ;) I'm a night owl... Oh yeah, how much are they going to cost? Awesome coin Steph from what I saw.