Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

Response to the Micro/Baby Earth Turtle requests: There is a Baby ET being minted and I'll start a thread for it when the time is right :D However, the initial drawing has been up on my site for the past month, lol. It's not posted right now since I've been doing a little website remodeling but it will be back soon. I think you may even see the coins arrive in August ;)

Edit: Trackable I might add :D

Edited by tsunrisebey

Response to the Micro/Baby Earth Turtle requests: There is a Baby ET being minted and I'll start a thread for it when the time is right :D However, the initial drawing has been up on my site for the past month, lol. It's not posted right now since I've been doing a little website remodeling but it will be back soon. I think you may even see the coins arrive in August ;)

Edit: Trackable I might add :D

I remember the little sketch - and it was very cute. Surely it will be another wonderful, trackable coin.......I can't wait!

Tsun: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a reservation for the babies as well! I'm so happy that reservations were open for a week or so on these earth turtles. Without reservations I usually miss out due to school and work. That said, I'm off to the post office to see if the turtles have arrived in Oregon!

Thanks again

Tsun:

I think you should offer the pins for sale. I know you asked earlier in this thread, but now that I've seen them, they are too cute not to make them available.

They are for sale, and at a great price, too!

They aren't trackable, though, so she can't list the website for them... but if you look REAL hard ;), you can find a link to the website where they are sold posted somewhere close to here :D

Naomi

Thanks Naomi for pointing me in the right direction, but I was a little too late. I think we need a remint of the pins. And yest, they would make great FTF prizes.

Woops! just saw that there might be some more on their in a subsequent post. Sorry for jumping the gun. I think these are great, pins. Can't wait for August.

Edited by nashuan

Tsun: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a reservation for the babies as well! I'm so happy that reservations were open for a week or so on these earth turtles. Without reservations I usually miss out due to school and work. That said, I'm off to the post office to see if the turtles have arrived in Oregon!

Thanks again

ditto on reservations...

i tried for the first round of turtles, and they were gone before I even got my page to load with the email address to send my order to

or mint very many of these, i think you could easily sell 500 of them

Response to the Micro/Baby Earth Turtle requests: There is a Baby ET being minted and I'll start a thread for it when the time is right :ph34r: However, the initial drawing has been up on my site for the past month, lol. It's not posted right now since I've been doing a little website remodeling but it will be back soon. I think you may even see the coins arrive in August :anitongue:

Edit: Trackable I might add :lol:

nooo, no, no no,.... September pleeeeeease! :laughing: hehe, guess I'll have to trade for one

Response to the Micro/Baby Earth Turtle requests: There is a Baby ET being minted and I'll start a thread for it when the time is right :laughing: However, the initial drawing has been up on my site for the past month, lol. It's not posted right now since I've been doing a little website remodeling but it will be back soon. I think you may even see the coins arrive in August :anitongue:

Edit: Trackable I might add :ph34r:

Woo hoo! CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks again

Ditto this request. Please! :laughing:

CF30

Thanks again

Ditto this request. Please! :laughing:

CF30

Ditto that ditto. Pretty please!

Fair warning being posted right now: there are several of you that I have sent invoices to and reminders and an email through your profile without so much as a word. (those of you who let me know you were on vacation way back when are not included in this statement). When you reserved your coins, you agreed to pay with in 3 days of invoicing (some of you have been active after invoices have been sent). I am not chasing you down, so this is my last attempt to let you know that come this Sunday, if I don't hear from you, your invoices/order will be canceled and offered to those on the waiting list. I hate to say this but I don't have time to chase you down or beg you to pay.

I have gone through these same issues in the past with reservations and never complained in a public forum and to be honest, this is the last one that I will do. The time and money that goes into this is enormous and quite frankly, I don't have the time to hunt the stragglers down.

This reserving coins is a two-way street in my opinion and I don't even care if someone doesn't want the coins anymore, just tell me you don't want them you need more time, something.....

Ok, I kept my whining to a minimum and this is only directed to those who have ignored the invoices and emails. Things are going to be done differently next time :D

Fair warning being posted right now: there are several of you that I have sent invoices to and reminders and an email through your profile without so much as a word. (those of you who let me know you were on vacation way back when are not included in this statement). When you reserved your coins, you agreed to pay with in 3 days of invoicing (some of you have been active after invoices have been sent). I am not chasing you down, so this is my last attempt to let you know that come this Sunday, if I don't hear from you, your invoices/order will be canceled and offered to those on the waiting list. I hate to say this but I don't have time to chase you down or beg you to pay.

I have gone through these same issues in the past with reservations and never complained in a public forum and to be honest, this is the last one that I will do. The time and money that goes into this is enormous and quite frankly, I don't have the time to hunt the stragglers down.

This reserving coins is a two-way street in my opinion and I don't even care if someone doesn't want the coins anymore, just tell me you don't want them you need more time, something.....

Ok, I kept my whining to a minimum and this is only directed to those who have ignored the invoices and emails. Things are going to be done differently next time :laughing:

Steph,

just so you know, I see no whining here at all, just simple facts, AND...

You've gone way above and beyond, posting this here is the right thing to do in my idea, and if they still don't respond after this, then I think that releasing the reservations on them is just fine to do!

You've done a great job!

Naomi :)

If you make more pins, I would love to be able to buy some.... they'll go to non cacher homes as well.

I just gave up a turtle to a coworker that wanted one believe it or not, LOL!!! She absolutely loved the nickel blue one. My mistake... I took them in to work to show them off and had to PRY them out of a few folks hands. She loves turtles and had no idea how much us coinheads love these guys!!!!! So, one has just left the fold, LOLOL!

Beautiful little guys, I just LOVE them!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Our turtles arrived earlier in the week and I *love* them! :laughing::) The little pin is awesome too. Thanks, tsun! I saw the initial designs of the Micro/Baby Earth Turtle on the site a while back. They're going to be sooooo cute too. Looking forward to getting some of them to go with my bigger turtles. I'd love to get some more pins too. :)

Ok, I kept my whining to a minimum and this is only directed to those who have ignored the invoices and emails. Things are going to be done differently next time :rolleyes:

Need some muscle? I'll hunt 'em down and sqeeze their heads like a pimple unless they pay for what they ordered! I hate that a few folks are going to ruin reservations, they are so much better than pre-sales...

just say the word, a broken leg is just a phone call away! :blink:

** disclaimer** this post is meant to be humorous :blink: I don't want it said that I threatened anyone, and no actual persons were hurt in the typing of this post! just pay for your turtles and everything will be fine! :antenna:

Friday I had two beautiful little turtles and a wonderful pin show up in my mailbox!

Sadly, they didn't breed, dangit, but aside from being a little warm and thirsty, they were all wonderful!

Great job, Steph, especially love the "chocolate" turtle, which is what we've dubbed the copper one :D

Naomi :D

It was so hard last week being out of town with hubby saying I had two envelopes at home that looked like they might have coins in them. So happy to rip into the envelopes on Friday and play with my turtles the rest of the weekend. Keep 'em coming and I too volunteer to take any that were invoiced but "dag nabit" folks not paying up.

Turtles Freed in Texas... report to follow........

0500 - Temple, Texas.

A woman was surrounded by 50 horses and rope this morning in an attempt to free four blue Earth Turtles from their metal prison. It seems these Earth Turtles were not tried in the justice system and they were placed in mailbox prison without proper charges being levied against them. Their crime..well there was none, it turned out. We suspect the Texan landowners were just a bit afraid of blue turtles who were borne of thought in Montana and actually birthed in China. When the rope and horses didn't work, the rescue squad was called in. They set about freeing the turtles using the "Jaws of Life" tool to pry open the mail box they were trapped in. Standing by to help the turtles in their plight was a RN who administered I.V. fluid and stat pool swims for the very dehydrated turtles. The landowner is now charged with "with holding of coinage that belongs to a geocoin addict". I am happy to report that the Turtles now are in the rightful hands of the coin addict.

FINALLY!!!!!!!

WOOHOO

Received my very first ET (and matching pin!) in the mail today. It is gorgeous. So nice that by having a reservations format, those of us without whiz-bang-super-fast computers, and without Olympic-qualifying nimble fingers, can have a chance to own an ET. Now, I wish I could trade for a V1. :unsure:

I am afraid that the PO has held my turtles hostage :unsure: Still no turtles here, but I will give it some more time before I give them up for lost.

I am jealous that everyone else gets to see the new blue ones and the pins! I can't wait! :drama:

Edited by tadpole379

Turtles Freed in Texas... report to follow........

0500 - Temple, Texas.

A woman was surrounded by 50 horses and rope this morning in an attempt to free four blue Earth Turtles from their metal prison. It seems these Earth Turtles were not tried in the justice system and they were placed in mailbox prison without proper charges being levied against them. Their crime..well there was none, it turned out. We suspect the Texan landowners were just a bit afraid of blue turtles who were borne of thought in Montana and actually birthed in China. When the rope and horses didn't work, the rescue squad was called in. They set about freeing the turtles using the "Jaws of Life" tool to pry open the mail box they were trapped in. Standing by to help the turtles in their plight was a RN who administered I.V. fluid and stat pool swims for the very dehydrated turtles. The landowner is now charged with "with holding of coinage that belongs to a geocoin addict". I am happy to report that the Turtles now are in the rightful hands of the coin addict.

FINALLY!!!!!!!

WOOHOO

Wow! Quite an adventure! I'm so glad you have them. They should come visit my new Turtles...oh, say on 8/9! LOL

After complaining that I didn't have my turtles...well, I received them today! (maybe I should try that for everything I'm waiting for? lol!)

They are wonderful and are still sitting in the middle of my dining table...probably won't go in my book for a few days -- that way I can look at them a bit longer.

My turtles arrived safely in Scotland this morning.......they're lovely and thanks so much for the little pin Tsun, it's adorable. It's been nabbed by the other half for his jacket though LOL, must have had it in my hand for all of 5 seconds - a bit of a magpie is Andy ;) .

Ali

Wow...I still haven't got mine here in Canada..sheesh..