Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

Well do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Good News: Is that it's not all bad news :laughing:

Bad News: After looking through the coins just over half of the green/white turtles look like crap with scratches or smudges underneath the translucent on the shell of the turtle (front). A few of the red and a few of the purple have the same issues. I am not sending these to people. :laughing:

I'll be contacting the mint tonight and requesting the screwed up coins be remade. I'll post later tonight with a definite answer about how I'll handle this issue as far as orders/invoicing. Sorry for the inconvience on your part. I'll update as soon as I can.

tsun

You can send all the rejects to me and I'll take care of them for you. Anything to help!

I can't let you shoulder that entire burden by your self - that would just not be fair and I would feel so, so bad if you had to. I will graciously help you shoulder that burden.

Tsun - I don't mind waiting for mine, send everyone else's first. I'm not paid until later next week anyway.

Has anyone received an invoice?

I went onto Stephanie's site this morning to look for an update on the invoices and saw the memorial she posted about her dog Cowboy, who passed on the 17th. This time of sorrow for her may be why the invoices are delayed. I am sure she will post an update as soon as she is able.

I went onto Stephanie's site this morning to look for an update on the invoices and saw the memorial she posted about her dog Cowboy, who passed on the 17th. This time of sorrow for her may be why the invoices are delayed. I am sure she will post an update as soon as she is able.

The loss of a beloved pet is heartbreaking. My condolences to you Steph. (((((((hugs)))))))

239.gif

Very touching tribute.. reading that just made me cry; I'm so sorry Stephanie ::hugs::

I'm sure you gave him the best life a dog could hope for, and that he's waiting at that rainbow bridge missing you just as much as you miss him..

I hadn't anticipated addressing this issue on the thread but since it's up, I will.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to drop me a note or write something here. It really means alot to me but it's making me cry more. Everything is just too fresh right now. Dakota is pretty sad too, if anyone ever wondered if dogs knew what was going, she is proof. She's done nothing but lie down in the bedroom and I'm having a tough time getting her to want to do much :unsure: Guess that's bound to happen when your playmate isn't here anymore. Other than just being extremely sad, our little family is hanging in there.

I promise to update this thread in a couple of days but to be honest, I don't really care about geocoins at the moment.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers, I can use them. I'll be back in a couple of days.

tsun

Hang in there. The pain will fade, but the fond memories that you made with your companion will last forever.

It's amazing how our furry friends become key parts of our lives and losing them hurts so badly.

Take time to grieve and eventually the memory of your pal will again bring smiles instead of tears.

Very touching tribute.. reading that just made me cry; I'm so sorry Stephanie ::hugs::

I'm sure you gave him the best life a dog could hope for, and that he's waiting at that rainbow bridge missing you just as much as you miss him..

This is the first I've come here for awhile since I wasn't able to get in this time for this coin.

I AM SO sorry, Steph. I Know what it does to a person who looses a beloved pet.

My thoughts and HUGS are with you!

We are very sad to learn about Cowboy' s passing. Your tribute tugged at our heartstrings and you are in our thoughts. While the pain is difficult to grasp, over time the tears will become smiles as you reflect on all the great things you have done together. If you need to talk, we are all ears.

-Brian & Patty

Thank you very much for all the notes and comments, it helped me alot to be reminded that I wasn't alone in going through this. Today was a pretty good day and I made it through all my classes without losing my composure. The smile is coming back :(

So let me address a few issues. To those wishing me luck on Finals and Graduation, thanks! I haven't quite made it to Finals week which is the first full week of May and May 10th is graduation. I'm just trying to keep my head above water until then.

Turtles, the faulty coins are being remade and I haven't been told when they are expected to ship to me. I'm going to assume another 2 weeks which should be during Finals/Graduation week. Anyhow, because so many turtles (79) were faulty, it will be alot easier for me to invoice/ship everything at one time, instead of trying to fill a few orders or partial orders. So as much as some of you really want to get these, I need to make sure everything runs smoothly and I have time to correct any issues. May is going to be one crazy month for me and after graduation I will be traveling quite a bit until June. So please hang tight and pretty soon everyone will have turtles and you can get on with your trading/selling.

Reject Turtles: I have 61 green/white, 12 red, 6 purple that are all faulty to varying degrees. The mint does not want them back and I have received a few requests from people who want them. These turtles will have their tracking numbers etched out and become nontrackable. I honestly don't know what I am going to do with them yet. I need to think about it for a couple days. I may haul them to GW6 with me, run some cointests, use them as swag, etc. No firm decisions as of yet.

I know this has been a pain in the hiney waiting for these (for all of us) and if you want me to refund your money, just drop me a note :ph34r: These will definitely be worth the wait though :P

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

tsun

"Reject Turtles: I have 61 green/white, 12 red, 6 purple that are all faulty to varying degrees. The mint does not want them back and I have received a few requests from people who want them. These turtles will have their tracking numbers etched out and become nontrackable. I honestly don't know what I am going to do with them yet. I need to think about it for a couple days. I may haul them to GW6 with me, run some cointests, use them as swag, etc. No firm decisions as of yet."

I guess I just don't get so brave and ask for things like this. :ph34r:

Anyways, GOOD LUCK on your studies :( ! AND graduating to boot - WOW ! ! !

I know this has been a pain in the hiney waiting for these (for all of us) and if you want me to refund your money, just drop me a note :( These will definitely be worth the wait though :P

tsun

Allright my stupid question...did we pay for these already or were we waiting on an invoice? :ph34r:

I know this has been a pain in the hiney waiting for these (for all of us) and if you want me to refund your money, just drop me a note B) These will definitely be worth the wait though B)

tsun

Allright my stupid question...did we pay for these already or were we waiting on an invoice? :(

:ph34r: No, no one has paid because I haven't sent out invoices yet (covered in a paragraph or two before this one). I was joking but I guess my sense of humor isn't always understood by all :P Guess I'll keep my day job.

I know this has been a pain in the hiney waiting for these (for all of us) and if you want me to refund your money, just drop me a note ;) These will definitely be worth the wait though :)

tsun

Allright my stupid question...did we pay for these already or were we waiting on an invoice? :)

:ph34r: No, no one has paid because I haven't sent out invoices yet (covered in a paragraph or two before this one). I was joking but I guess my sense of humor isn't always understood by all :) Guess I'll keep my day job.

Humor is fine, I just wanted to make sure I had paid for my coins....I've ordered a few too many coins lately and I DEFFINATELY did not want to lose these. :D

Sorry Steph, I guess I was just being too literal. <big hug>

Reject Turtles: I have 61 green/white, 12 red, 6 purple that are all faulty to varying degrees. The mint does not want them back and I have received a few requests from people who want them. These turtles will have their tracking numbers etched out and become nontrackable. I honestly don't know what I am going to do with them yet. I need to think about it for a couple days. I may haul them to GW6 with me, run some cointests, use them as swag, etc. No firm decisions as of yet.

First off, I was really saddened to read about your dog. It's tough losing our furry family members.

Second, I think you should use them as cache swag.

Not to be pushy just a question, will the new metals be pushed back to the end of May as well? Starting a new job this week and will be away from the internet for a couple weeks.

I wish I could give you a concrete answer to this question. Had everything gone smoothly, the remint would have started already which would have allowed me to get V2 coins around the time the 'remint of faulty coins' is scheduled to arrive. (15 days by the way according to the mint, which puts it the weekend I graduate). Now that coin issues have arised it throws my whole Plan A out the window and Plan B for me is always 'make it up as I go.'

When I say May is busy, it's an understatement and I have finally had to tell myself to quit taking on projects for the time being. I have 3 other coins (other than redoing the faulty coins and the V2's) that I'm trying to wrap up for other projects. All slated to arrive around the same time as the invoicing for the turtles.

I have family up for graduation and I'll be in Yellowstone right after graduation for most of the week, then I come back and have the 5k to run. Then I have about 3 days to get ready before I leave for GW6 (by the way, I haven't even begun to put a travel route together or plan for, lol). I won't be back in Montana until a day or so before June.

I'm sorry but I just don't have the time to worry about the remint in May. I need to take some time for myself and put coins to the side after I get all coins in and shipped. I think at this point in time, I just want to enjoy my family, graduation, my upcoming trips and toss the coin issues in the closet for a bit.

I know this isn't ideal and I have a bad habit of trying to do 10 things at once. If I was smart ( :ph34r: ) I would have waited to do this whole turtle thing until after GW6 but I got all crazy and tried to cram it into a busy schedule.

Ok, now that I just gave you my life story and bored you to death, the short answer is, I have no idea when the remint will take place. So that will teach you to ask me anymore crazy questions ;)

Not to be pushy just a question, will the new metals be pushed back to the end of May as well? Starting a new job this week and will be away from the internet for a couple weeks.

I wish I could give you a concrete answer to this question. Had everything gone smoothly, the remint would have started already which would have allowed me to get V2 coins around the time the 'remint of faulty coins' is scheduled to arrive. (15 days by the way according to the mint, which puts it the weekend I graduate). Now that coin issues have arised it throws my whole Plan A out the window and Plan B for me is always 'make it up as I go.'

When I say May is busy, it's an understatement and I have finally had to tell myself to quit taking on projects for the time being. I have 3 other coins (other than redoing the faulty coins and the V2's) that I'm trying to wrap up for other projects. All slated to arrive around the same time as the invoicing for the turtles.

I have family up for graduation and I'll be in Yellowstone right after graduation for most of the week, then I come back and have the 5k to run. Then I have about 3 days to get ready before I leave for GW6 (by the way, I haven't even begun to put a travel route together or plan for, lol). I won't be back in Montana until a day or so before June.

I'm sorry but I just don't have the time to worry about the remint in May. I need to take some time for myself and put coins to the side after I get all coins in and shipped. I think at this point in time, I just want to enjoy my family, graduation, my upcoming trips and toss the coin issues in the closet for a bit.

I know this isn't ideal and I have a bad habit of trying to do 10 things at once. If I was smart ( :ph34r: ) I would have waited to do this whole turtle thing until after GW6 but I got all crazy and tried to cram it into a busy schedule.

Ok, now that I just gave you my life story and bored you to death, the short answer is, I have no idea when the remint will take place. So that will teach you to ask me anymore crazy questions :)

I'm sure everyone will agree, take care of yourself first ;)

I know this isn't ideal and I have a bad habit of trying to do 10 things at once. If I was smart ( ;) ) I would have waited to do this whole turtle thing until after GW6 but I got all crazy and tried to cram it into a busy schedule.

Ok, now that I just gave you my life story and bored you to death, the short answer is, I have no idea when the remint will take place. So that will teach you to ask me anymore crazy questions :)

Steph, I hope that you remember to "BREATHE" Please don't over do it as your sanity and health is way more important than anything else. Just remember that WE CARE enormously for you and wish you the best possible :ph34r:

HUGS,

Fairyhoney

I know this isn't ideal and I have a bad habit of trying to do 10 things at once. If I was smart ( :) ) I would have waited to do this whole turtle thing until after GW6 but I got all crazy and tried to cram it into a busy schedule.

Ok, now that I just gave you my life story and bored you to death, the short answer is, I have no idea when the remint will take place. So that will teach you to ask me anymore crazy questions :ph34r:

Steph, I hope that you remember to "BREATHE" Please don't over do it as your sanity and health is way more important than anything else. Just remember that WE CARE enormously for you and wish you the best possible ;)

HUGS,

Fairyhoney

I don't think I could have said it any better!!

I know this isn't ideal and I have a bad habit of trying to do 10 things at once. If I was smart ( :) ) I would have waited to do this whole turtle thing until after GW6 but I got all crazy and tried to cram it into a busy schedule.

Steph, I hope that you remember to "BREATHE" Please don't over do it as your sanity and health is way more important than anything else. Just remember that WE CARE enormously for you and wish you the best possible :D

HUGS,

Fairyhoney

I don't think I could have said it any better!!

Exactly :ph34r:

Breathe... ::hugs::

and don't worry about all of us, the mistakes weren't your fault (thank you for the explanation, though) but caring enough about us to send them back to the mint was :) thank you

stuff happens.. they're just coins (really, really beautiful coins) we can wait.

Your sanity, your finals, and your family are way more important. Best of luck getting through the busy month.. Make sure to take some time to relax ;)

been away from the forums for too long and just saw this. i'm SOOOO sorry to hear about your dog. I know how it feels to lose your best four-legged friend. {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}} It's hard and I hope you are taking care of yourself. Not easy with all you have going on. :P hang in there.

congrats on graduation and travel plans! Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on the planet. Hoping to take mr. and mini there someday. in the meantime..... if you want to share pics when you get back, i know we'd all love to live vicariously through them. :P

kim

Dang...found this thread 3 pages back!!! Been outa the loop for so long, I didnt know what became of these...whether I missed out on the presale or what!

Dang Tsun- youd better take the advice and just focus on breathing awhile! :) We'll all be here when your ready to burry yourself again! :D ...You betcha! :lol: Just really didnt want to miss out on these and couldnt believe it was 3 pages back! Guess we all knew the deal and im just playin catch up!

Man, playin catch up these days really makes my head spin!!! I dont know where to start! :)

Small update for what it's worth:

Turtles are suppose to be shipped out May 8th. Let's assume for a moment that this actually happens :D , I'll be gone when they get here so I'll pick them up on the 13th or 14th. So unless there is some delay, I will be invoicing the evening that I pick them up (I'll update this thread again on the exact day).

Remints of the green and blue versions will happen after I come back from GW6 so that will be very late May or very early June. I'll post an update about that when I actually figure out what I'm doing :lol:

Let me add, that when the remade turtles get in (let's hope for all unblemished turtles) that no matter what they look like, I'm invoicing for the good ones I do have in hand. Hopefully everything goes smoothly this round and everyone can get their turtles around the same time.

Ok, that's it for now, like I said before I update on specifics as necessary.

Unfortunate News: GW6 turtles... after argueing with the mint for about 8 days over this version, they finally understood what I was trying to tell them :) This caused a week delay in minting and they won't be done in time (meaning I'll have left Montana enroute to Cali. by the time they are suppose to ship). Anyhow, nothing I can do about this but I do have a Plan B :P . I'll clarify what I'll be doing about this before I leave.

tsun

Steph,

Enjoy Yellowstone!!!!! It's one of my most favorite places I've ever been!!!! If a Raven follows you around, say hi to it for me.... it's probably the same one that followed me around years back, it was wild!!

Enjoy your family and graduation and take time to r e l a x!!!!!!!!!!

The coins will still be there when you come back!!!

Sorry I'm gonna miss you and everyone else at GW6!!

~S

Update: The remakes have shipped and I believe they should be here Monday. Hopefully they are done properly this time around :blink:

Here's the deal, please read closely!

Sparing you the details of another busy week with me being gone, I will NOT be able to invoice until Friday night. However, I may not get all invoices sent Friday because I have the Race for the Cure the next morning, so I will wrap up invoices Saturday evening. If you do NOT receive an invoice by midnight (Montana time) you NEED to email me and send along your paypal email address, so I don't have to hunt you down!

I am leaving for GW6 on Tues. (driving). Which means I'll be packaging/mailing coins and loading up my camper/preparing for my trip in between.

**For those attending GW6 that have turtle orders you have a choice. You can save on shipping and I will have your turtles with me (packaged), you just need to find me at the GW6 event (I will have my phone with me, so you can request my number). If you want to do it this way, please email me with your caching name/real name or post here. I will make a list and when I start invoicing, I will leave off the shipping amount. If I don't hear from you, between now and Friday night, your turtle will be mailed.

For those that haven't paid by Tuesday morning, I will bring the left over turtles with me. I will bring my laptop and as I find wifi access (probably around the Reno area), I will mail out pakcages along my route as available.

If there are any issues with shipping, etc. I won't equipped to deal with problems until after I get home which will be close to the end of the month.

So just please try to be patient while I try to keep some sort of balance going here, lol. For the most part, I think everything should go smoothly.

If you have questions, I won't be around for the rest of the day but I'll answer them tonight when I get home.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! :o

Well that kinda stinks! I'll be at a 3 day event thingy and will have NO computer access until Sunday PM-- DON'T GIVE MINE AWAY!!!

No worries Don :laughing: I'm sitting here waiting for the UPS guy so I can take off to Yellowstone! I'll have all orders packaged, ready to go, so as soon as payment is in, I'll drop them in the mail. I don't leave for GW6 until Tues. morning anyhow.