The Great Outdoors Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

Yeah, I don't understand why CB and CM bother posting quantities for their coins. They're always willing and able to mint more, so the quantities at the top of this thread are really just teasers -- those were just 'initial' quantities... Well, except for the LE's, which will really be XLEs if they really do make a bunch more coins after the pre-order period is done.

And we don't know how many Artist Editions there will be either, or what metal/enamel those will be done in.

So, is the Antique Copper another LE, or a regular edition?

Maybe I'm just sad that I missed out on the feeding frenzy at 5pm CST sharp. :D

Either way, I did get in an order! And a pre-order! .... now I'm wondering if the shipping will/can be combined?

LE's will not be reminted - as we said.

There will be NO MORE LE's other than my Artist Edition which I chose to mint the second time around. I will post those numbers when they are ordered.

This was our first coin we minted for ourselves - so the minimum was minted. :D

But - we listed up front the number minted fully. And - keep in mind, when the edition closes - its DONE whether 500 more were ordered or not.

As a secondary note - we only added the copper due to requests from customers when we announced the metals in the first post.

But again - no more LE versions will be minted - and the Pre-Orders for the remint will CLOSE TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY! 2/01/08

Edited by CinemaBoxers

LE's will not be reminted - as we said.

There will be NO MORE LE's other than my Artist Edition which I chose to mint the second time around. I will post those numbers when they are ordered.

This was our first coin we minted for ourselves - so the minimum was minted. :D

I understand that!

What I don't understand is how you could underestimate your own design prowess... If you had pre-orders for this coin originally, there could have easily been 2x or more the number of 'LE's made. It's beautiful! Congrats to those who got the LE coins.

I am glad that I was able to get the Antique Gold in the pre-order 2nd pass. That's the one I really wanted... and the Copper for my son, who really only wants copper coins anyway. So, thank you for re-opening the mint.

CB, Is there anything that you can do about the sort order of your store for "newest coins"? I noticed (along with others here) that these coins didn't show up at the top of newest coins. It made for a bit of confusion on my part as I thought that I had initially lost out, but then I scrolled down a bit, just to see what else I might want to console myself with since I had missed on these altogether, and I saw the few remaining Nickel ones. QUICKLY placed an order, only to then see the pre-orders show up. (Again not at the top of the list!)

So I pre-ordered as well.... but now I wish I had just pre-ordered instead of regular order+pre-order. I don't need to be paying for that much shipping. :D

Just a quick note to ask if you have a guestimate on shipping time for the pre-ordered coins? I know the store closes on feb 1 at the latest, but have they given you any ideas on minting time?

Chinese New Year is the beginning of February, but the order will go in BEFORE they leave. My guestimate would be a week after they return since the dies are already made. Shouldn't take long at all - they are pretty zippy quick!!!

But - we will be posting frequently on this thread throughout the process to keep everyone closely informed.

We don't like long waits, so we will be working to keep the reorder time as short as possible!

I was on my way to work... 4pm EST... and realized I left my purse (WITH wallet AND cell phone) at home. No way to contact hubby to have him order the 2-tone i really wanted, and no money to buy lunch or supper or at least drown my coin sorrows in a bottle of mountain dew. drat. at least i can pre-order one. would love to see what the copper looks like before ordering, tho.

oh, and no bubble mailers in the mailbox today.... a sad coin day, indeed. :drama:

Well, the Geocoindesign store web site and CB website is still down today for me. Of many sites I visit this is the only one which does not work. Sure don't know what is up but this is a bummer.

Thank you big tome to n8turgal for your offer of a swap and also the other person who PMed me! You are wonderful sports and I really appreciated it. I will PM you both today.

I would just get in on the pre-order for more if I could but it appears that won't happen.

Coin frenzy it is!

Well, the Geocoindesign store web site and CB website is still down today for me. Of many sites I visit this is the only one which does not work. Sure don't know what is up but this is a bummer.

Thank you big tome to n8turgal for your offer of a swap and also the other person who PMed me! You are wonderful sports and I really appreciated it. I will PM you both today.

I would just get in on the pre-order for more if I could but it appears that won't happen.

Coin frenzy it is!

You might want to try again. The site works perfectly for me as I type this. :drama:

Coin frenzy it is!

Just PM me for what you want - I know the webstore has been up and active all night as we have received preorders throughtout the night.

~J

:drama: you're all nuts :drama:

somehow i figure out the time, and was able to stay at the computer when i saw lots and lots of collectors on-line waiting for the release. I was one of them too. This means i'm nuts too :drama:

I bought two each except the two tone, that i didn't even saw being selled :drama::D

I think this is the result of a great design, great coins, great outdoors and obvioulsy we are all a litlle bit mad about this geocoin thing.

Thanks all,

PL

Coin frenzy it is!

Just PM me for what you want - I know the webstore has been up and active all night as we have received preorders throughtout the night.

~J

PM sent - thank you for your assistance. Probably the problem is on my end........or end of my fingers LOL!

Its coming up on this end... Hmmm.

If anyone has ANY website issues - feel free to email us for assistance with your order!!

Well, I was wondering if it was me. Now I see there are still others. FYI - it is not just the coin site for me. Your Cinema Boxers site also does the same thing (that might give you a hint - I don't know). I have tried it by typing in the address and also using links. No luck since I went down doing a refresh of the site about 2 minutes before 5PM CST last night. I am also going to have someone look at my computer on this end.

Paula and Jim - regardless - of the problem, which I know you will fix if on your end - heartfelt, Thank you for your assistance with the order through a PM. :huh:

I don't know if this observation has any validity or not, but the last time I was involved in a coin frenzy on the Geocoin desgn site (for the Lady Luck coins) the same thing happened to me as far as not being able to access the site. I had been logged in and waiting and then got kicked out when the new coins were added and could not get back in for days on my primary computer. Luckily, I had 2 other computers up and running at the same time and when I saw I couldn't get in---tried one of the other computers and was able to snag the coins I wanted. I could also access the site from the 3rd computer. All 3 computers were running on the same network using a cable modem hs internet connection. The only thing I could think of at the time is that for some reason, my IP address on my primary computer was being blocked by the site (perhaps from trying too many times to access it??). The computer I placed my order from had a different IP address and was running through a VPN. The other computer that allowed me to access the site at the same time was a laptop using a wireless connection and also had a different IP address. As I said, I was blocked from accessing the site for 2 or 3 days on my primary computer while at the same time could access freely from the other computers.

I did not have problems with the site last night but had the other 2 computers ready to go in case I did.

The only problem I had was the 2 tone LE sold out bfore I could grab one.

Thank you Edisto Patto for your explanation. Sounds about the same as what happened to me last night - except I didn't have a backup computer to use. Still can not access their site tonight.

Paula and Jim were great on my PM request, but, as you said - what so many of use were seeking was gone. I knew possiblity was a long shot at best. With a techno problem - it was a done deal. I am just happy to be getting a couple of the 2nd minting of these beauties.

Thank you Edisto Patto for your explanation. Sounds about the same as what happened to me last night - except I didn't have a backup computer to use. Still can not access their site tonight.

Paula and Jim were great on my PM request, but, as you said - what so many of use were seeking was gone. I knew possiblity was a long shot at best. With a techno problem - it was a done deal. I am just happy to be getting a couple of the 2nd minting of these beauties.

Give this a try on your computer.

Click on start

Cick on Run

Type in CMD

Click OK

In the new window, type in ipconfig /release space between the ipconfig and the /

Press enter

Type in ipconfig /renew space between the ipconfig and the /

See if that helps any. Special note. In between the release line and the renew line, you will temporarily lose all internet connection. This resets your IP address during this process.

Give this a try on your computer.

Click on start

Cick on Run

Type in CMD

Click OK

In the new window, type in ipconfig /release space between the ipconfig and the /

Press enter

Type in ipconfig /renew space between the ipconfig and the /

See if that helps any. Special note. In between the release line and the renew line, you will temporarily lose all internet connection. This resets your IP address during this process.

Completed this excercise on both computers connected to my wireless set up. Still no access to either of the CB websites. :) If using Internet Explorer it gives you a timed out message. Thank you for trying to help. :)

Have my order in and paid for anyway. We will work on this and hopefully have it resolved before another coin is released. :)

Look at the price of the other ones. Their are 4 of these coins on ebay. 3 are going for >17.00 starting price. So someone thinks they can make much money off of the sale.

So the answer to your question is GREED.

kf4oox - Paul

Either greed or survival depending on their circumstances.