TravelBugs..

dibbg

I realize now that TB's are TravelBugs, and that they are things you leave in a cache for someone to take far away to another cache.

I've also read quite a few cache logs where it sure sounds like when someone is talking about their TravelBug that they are talking about their kids coming along with them.

Do some people refer to their children as travelbugs? It sounds like a cute name for them, but maybe I'm just confused.

If not, what do you folks say about your kids tagging along with you?

I've just referred to my kids as "my little geokid, my tag-along, my little cacher", etc.

GeoCaching has taught me a whole new language, is there a term for kids coming along???

we refer to our daughter as the microcacher. we picked this name up from our friends who have one themselvese. Sometimes we refer to her as geocASHLYN. Then of course there is "Team MicroDaddy" where my buddy and I take our daughters out with us caching. Anything will work. let your imagination soar.

I refer to mine as "nose miners" or "ankle biters". Only during tax time do I refer to them as "refund enhancers". My dog is the only one who likes to go out in the woods geocaching with me so he is called "Skippy the Wonder Dog".

I have always heard dogs that go geocaching with their owners as a geodog or something like "McGruff the GeoDog". I have often seen some of the kids of geocachers given their own nickname that is related to the team name. The name quickly become familiar with the local geocaching community especially if it's part of a cacheing team that posts a lot of photos. Ask almost any local cacher in this area who "Buglet" is and they can tell you the geocachers team name.

i read your question and the replys and maybe i can help.. TBs is always short for travel bugs and yes some people logs sound like they consider them as their kids i dont with the ones i find but the ones i started i do kinda refer to them as my kinda kids as i "gave birth" to them. As far as what ppl call their kids there is no true term for them the most ive seen them called are little cacher i just refer to mine as kids and as far as taking them with you i take my 6yro and 4yro boys and they love going and if it wasnt for them on a couple we wouldnt have found it! I do recommend looking into the safety for them on going but all the easy ones and even the easy hikes my kids tag along.

i read your question and the replys and maybe i can help.. TBs is always short for travel bugs and yes some people logs sound like they consider them as their kids i dont with the ones i find but the ones i started i do kinda refer to them as my kinda kids as i "gave birth" to them. As far as what ppl call their kids there is no true term for them the most ive seen them called are little cacher i just refer to mine as kids and as far as taking them with you i take my 6yro and 4yro boys and they love going and if it wasnt for them on a couple we wouldnt have found it! I do recommend looking into the safety for them on going but all the easy ones and even the easy hikes my kids tag along.

Ayep. Another thing is to give them their own cacher name. My daughter is big into chocolate milk.

That's how she earned the name cmilk.