New Cointest

avroair

Geocoins are so expensive because they want always on HOLIDAY. :D

The coins want to travel everyday anywhere in the whole wide world.

They sleep in different residences and demand every where the best treatment.

The geocoins travels with car, train and sometimes even aircraft.

The rumour is that there going in to space. :) (that's expensive}

So do not complaine and enjoy them. :D

Even though the price is going up, I'm really glad I don't live in Zimbabwe. There the price goes up daily/hourly.

I was there a few months ago and beer increased overnight (every night!). People often order and pay for drinks before a round of golf to beat the inflation that sits at around 1000% (yes - that is NOT a typo!!!!).

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Geocoins are so expensive because they have a microchip inside so big brother can keep track of them. :)

Please do not tell any further, it is a secret :D

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Altho there are some really good resons given, personally I think you are all wrong - I happen to know the really reason(s)

#1 it's very difficult to roll down a hill in a canoe with wings

#2 It is virtually impossible to build a true life scale model of Mt Everest out of flapjacks

and #3 the price of rice in China has no relation to the fact that one might ride a beer wagon to church on Sunday :D:rolleyes::D:):D

Even though the price is going up, I'm really glad I don't live in Zimbabwe. There the price goes up daily/hourly.

I was there a few months ago and beer increased overnight (every night!). People often order and pay for drinks before a round of golf to beat the inflation that sits at around 1000% (yes - that is NOT a typo!!!!).

Sorry - there was a typo - the official inflation rate released yeterday is closer to 8000%!!!!!! :lol:

The real reason though is that geocoins have become a fashion item - just you wait for the Spring collection to hit the Paris ramp - you'll see all those MIA coins we've been looking for - and we thought that coin theives were random!

Why are geocoins so expensive ???????

There are many factors that are involved in creating a geocoin.

Some of the first geocoins were relatively simple in design and did not include color.

Also, most of these coins were usually sold cost and any profits that were made, were designated to go to the organization to the groups benifit.

It was not uncommon for these coins to run in the 3-5 dollar range.

With the addition of color, different metals and trackability, the cost have doubled and tripled.

With more companies specializing in geocoins, there is a profit margin that they must make to stay in business.