screen protectors

bdhoun

After I ordered these, I got an email saying that due to a problem with their server my order never went through. They still took my money though. They said that they would credit my paypal account back for the money but they still have not done that. The gave me a link to go to so I could re-order with a discount, but I'm not ordering anything from them until they credit my account back.

I hope I didn't get screwed by them, and they come through with the credit. I'll post back on what happens. :)

My family and friends call me "thrifty" (their nice way of saying, "cheap") so I just couldn't part with the price they're asking for these screen protectors. I took some good quality clear packing tape, cut a piece to fit my screen plus just a little overlap, and have found it works perfectly to protect my screen. When it gets a little yucky after a few months of use I just remove it, clean the excess adhesive off with rubbing alcohol and put a new piece on. I have years worth of screen protection for just a few dollars (and I also have tape around for mailing off those coin trades)!

:D

My family and friends call me "thrifty" (their nice way of saying, "cheap") so I just couldn't part with the price they're asking for these screen protectors. I took some good quality clear packing tape, cut a piece to fit my screen plus just a little overlap, and have found it works perfectly to protect my screen. When it gets a little yucky after a few months of use I just remove it, clean the excess adhesive off with rubbing alcohol and put a new piece on. I have years worth of screen protection for just a few dollars (and I also have tape around for mailing off those coin trades)!

:yikes:

me too the packing tape works wicked awesome

My family and friends call me "thrifty" (their nice way of saying, "cheap") so I just couldn't part with the price they're asking for these screen protectors. I took some good quality clear packing tape, cut a piece to fit my screen plus just a little overlap, and have found it works perfectly to protect my screen. When it gets a little yucky after a few months of use I just remove it, clean the excess adhesive off with rubbing alcohol and put a new piece on.

If you're trying to save money, you should use camo duct tape, since most cachers have a stash of that already.

dave

If you're trying to save money, you should use camo duct tape, since most cachers have a stash of that already.

I think the concept here is to have a clear screen protector... you know, so you can still read what's on the screen?

Then again, you may have x-ray vision for all I know... he he. nana.gif

TOMTEC

Kind of funny.

Invisible Screen refunded my money back into my PayPal account and sent me a link to get 25% off my next purchase. So I go back onto the website and order the same thing as before and the price comes out to about 50% higher than my order that got lost.

I came back to this thread and clicked the sale link

http://www.shieldzone.com/showspecial

and it went back to the same price I had the first time.

So far so good.

Thanks for the replies. I went back to the website and found the free shipping option. They are on the way. Ordered 2 of them. One for my Etrex Vista HCx and one for my Etrex Legend.

Well, 2 weeks and a day and they haven't shown up yet. I guess it's tiem to wait some more.

Well, 2 weeks and a day and they haven't shown up yet. I guess it's tiem to wait some more.

The last Invisible Shields I ordered took a good 3 weeks to arrive. Don't sweat it too much yet. They are worth the investment though. I've got them on my GPS, my PDA, the LCD on my digital camera, and my cell phone.

Edited by ace862

:D

I think I have said this before but I believe it's worth repeating; Just remember that quality will always cost you less in the long run.

My screen protectors finally showed up on February 19th. A little bit later than expected but after a call to them I found out that they took a week or so to ship out. The lady on the other end of the phone actually was prepared to send another set of protectors out over night express until she found out they were shipped late.

They look like they will certainly do the job.

My screen protectors finally showed up on February 19th. A little bit later than expected but after a call to them I found out that they took a week or so to ship out. The lady on the other end of the phone actually was prepared to send another set of protectors out over night express until she found out they were shipped late.

They look like they will certainly do the job.