TB car window sticker, How to, and where?

sandifeet

Can you send me the link to.

Thanks, Don

Email sent.

Is there a reason you are not just posting the link in this forum? Seems a bit easier than sending PM after PM. . .

I agree, but the Tb forum doesn't allow posting of commercial links. And no it's not easy or much fun to reply to postings, or the many more I receive off line. But I do it. Keep on asking.

(and no I definitely do not receive any sort of compensation AT ALL)

Edited by BlueDeuce

They removed my link because the spot I ordered mine from wasn't recognized by GC.com however the tags I got along with my sticker are official TB's so I know my number is good. I put my sticker on the inside of my window which is slightly tinted. You can see the TB but you have to get up close to grab the number. I also got their sticker with my GC name and that's on the outside so it attracts attention and then people see the TB. I usually drop my vehicle in events but don't track it to my caches since most of them aren't close to parking. It's next spot will be next week and the MOGA mega event.

Joyce

BlueDeuce is correct. The Travel Bug logo and the word "Travel Bug" are registered trademarks of Groundspeak and may not be used for commercial purposes without permission from Groundspeak. Generally, for these products, we have a commercial logo license agreement that we send to companies or individuals who wish produce and sell these types of products. One there is an Agreement in place, they are official authorized to produce and sell merchandise bearing the logos and will promote their products as being officially licensed. If you are unsure if a product is officially licensed, ask the vendor or send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com and we'd be happy to help. If the vendor says "yes" and you're not sure, email us and we can confirm.

For those who would like to use a purchased Travel Bug tracking number (no logos) and include text like "Trackable at Geocaching.com", it would be ok without a commercial license.

Hmmmmm, does that mean that the new travel bug tattoo I have on my arm is illegal. Hope they dont try to remove it - ouch

They removed my link because the spot I ordered mine from wasn't recognized by GC.com however the tags I got along with my sticker are official TB's so I know my number is good. I put my sticker on the inside of my window which is slightly tinted. You can see the TB but you have to get up close to grab the number. I also got their sticker with my GC name and that's on the outside so it attracts attention and then people see the TB. I usually drop my vehicle in events but don't track it to my caches since most of them aren't close to parking. It's next spot will be next week and the MOGA mega event.

Joyce

That actually is incorrect. The supplier of your decals is a fully licenced GC.com vendor. The reason that links are deleted is that it has been decided by TPTB that commercial links are not allowed in this forum.

so your decals are officially "official". :D

I only link to gc.com authorized sellers.

No doubt. The question was more in general because I have seen more and more of these pop up (stickers and stuff not resellers) so was wondering if Groundspeak had developed a position on this. I have also made one for myself which I have in back of my SUV window. The metal tags I keep in the house so there is no multiple use of the number. I figured this would be ok, but after some of the copyright threads I began to wonder.

Ah. The numbers themselves would be okay. Any gc.com logo including the TB image would require permission.

Geocaching Logo Usage and Trademark Information

BlueDeuce is correct. The Travel Bug logo and the word "Travel Bug" are registered trademarks of Groundspeak and may not be used for commercial purposes without permission from Groundspeak. Generally, for these products, we have a commercial logo license agreement that we send to companies or individuals who wish produce and sell these types of products. One there is an Agreement in place, they are official authorized to produce and sell merchandise bearing the logos and will promote their products as being officially licensed. If you are unsure if a product is officially licensed, ask the vendor or send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com and we'd be happy to help. If the vendor says "yes" and you're not sure, email us and we can confirm.

For those who would like to use a purchased Travel Bug tracking number (no logos) and include text like "Trackable at Geocaching.com", it would be ok without a commercial license.

Ok, so let me ask this; how much and/or what is involved to get a license agreement? If I wanted to sell some but was not a big business, say only to the Geocaching Club Members, would that be allowed (with the agreement of course)?.

Ok, so let me ask this; how much and/or what is involved to get a license agreement? If I wanted to sell some but was not a big business, say only to the Geocaching Club Members, would that be allowed (with the agreement of course)?.

Anyone wishing to do business with Groundspeak should write to bizdev at Groundspeak dot com. All contact information for Groundspeak can be found through the contact links at the bottom of geocaching.com pages.

It stays with the car. People can log it at events and such, but don't let anyone post a photo of the tracking number. Otherwise, you get virtual logs by people who never saw the TB. That can get your TB locked, and even On Star can't get you out of that one! :unsure:

Just ask the poster to delete or edit the photo, or delete it yourself with a note to them, if this happens. TBs should only be logged by people who physically saw them in person.

That is a perfect answer for my question on the other forum. Thanks a bunch. :(

I'd love to find an authorized staticcling style car TB that actually clings to the INSIDE of the window. Then I won't have to worry about it falling off, getting swiped or having to scrape the snow.

I haven't seen that kind yet.

I know. Me either. But when I do, I'll buy it! It's funny, when I've had clings made, I've always made them for the inside of the glass... odd to me that all them cling to the outside.

I think I figured out the miles aspect of my Vehicle TB.

Wow. Bit Tedious.

I find your traditional cache. While out and about.

Of course, I have my dog tag version of the TB in my pocket... so, my TB has now arrived at your cache.

I go home.

I log the find at your cache. I place my TB in your cache.

I log into my TB, and retrieve my bug.

Is that it in a nutshell?

I'd love to find an authorized staticcling style car TB that actually clings to the INSIDE of the window. Then I won't have to worry about it falling off, getting swiped or having to scrape the snow.

You can't have looked very hard then. ;)

They are out there, but forum rules prevent me from telling you where. :(

You can't have looked very hard then. ;)

They are out there, but forum rules prevent me from telling you where. :(

Oh, I know a way.

Just recieved the Magnetic version today, was very impressed, Rather than being printed on magnetig backing the TB symbol and numbers are actually cut through the white surface just into the magnet. Looks like it will stand up to some abuse - not sure I like the Tracking ID, but you'll have to find it to see what I mean.

Look for the latest mobile bug if you happen to be in Central NJ area - bonus points for finding the flying horse.

This thread has become a sales thread for far too long. In a round about way. There is still a promotion going on here, and you're using Blue Deuce as a middle man.

I'm closing this thread since it is making a loophole out of the vendor not having permission to post a link here. If the vendor wants to sell them in here, they will have to get permission from Groundspeak to do so.