TB car window sticker, How to, and where?

sandifeet

Has anyone use one of these yet?, clearly I didnt understand the instructions when I ordered it. I thought you car became the travel bug and people who saw " found" it would log it in. Does it get passed to some other car?

It came with traditional dog tags. Help, I need guidance and a TB guru. ;)

Is it the sticker or the magnetic one?

Yes, you basically make your car the TB, although I do like this idea of passing the magnetic sheet on to another vehicle.

People can Discover the tracking number on your car, or you could even add a tag to your key chain and take it to the cache with you.

The way it works, you order one, and treat it the same way you would a regular travel bug, and the instructions for activating, and logging can be found here, and here.

You also get the travel bug tags, because they come with the tracking numbers and if your TB should ever go missing (the car dies an unfortunate death in this instance) you would have the copy tag to re-release.

Has anyone use one of these yet?, clearly I didnt understand the instructions when I ordered it. I thought you car became the travel bug and people who saw " found" it would log it in. Does it get passed to some other car?

It came with traditional dog tags. Help, I need guidance and a TB guru. :huh:

It is the plastic film type

It stays with the car. People can log it at events and such, but don't let anyone post a photo of the tracking number. Otherwise, you get virtual logs by people who never saw the TB. That can get your TB locked, and even On Star can't get you out of that one! :huh:

Just ask the poster to delete or edit the photo, or delete it yourself with a note to them, if this happens. TBs should only be logged by people who physically saw them in person.

It came with traditional dog tags. Help, I need guidance and a TB guru. :unsure:

I have one of these on my 2 vehicles. They send you a set of 2 and the actual TB and copy. If you would like look at my profile (jnewb71) on geocaching.com and it will be under my travel bugs I have posted pics of them on my vehicles. They match but we never know what vehicle we will be in so that is why I put one on each. They are a huge topic of discussion at event caches. They are a blast.

The other day I saw a TB window sticker on a car. First question is since it has what looked like a legitimate TB number under it; do you log it as discovered? Second question is if this is a traceable, where can I get one for the Fit?! Even if they are not traceable I think it would be very cool to have it.

well i got one that is magnetic. it is legit and i have started i am not to worried about milage just want to see how many other geocachers our out there driving around when i am.

I've had one for quite some time. It's held up to bad weather like rain storms and sub zero temps just fine. I do take it off in the car wash though.

I got a vinyl one from <commerical link removed by moderator> plus my gc name. I made the TB sleuthy by putting it inside my back window which is slightly tinted. You have to get the right angle to see the number. If it was on the outside, it would be easily visible. Just use caution if you plan to put them on a window that has to be scraped in the winter.

Joyce

Edited by Eartha

This whole idea is very cool.

So let me understand, when you see one you log it as discovered? If that is the case, you don’t get mileage. OK, I get it now. ;)

This is going to be great. OK, I am going to order one for Z-Man of B-Man’s car, one for the wife’s, and one for the GEO-Fit.

This hobby just keeps getting better and better. :)

In another thread they were discussing the logos from Groundspeak and their permitted use, so I have a related question: Since each number displayed on these TBs is purchased from Groundspeak or their distributers, is it permitted to sell these stickers/magnets? I ask because I have seen many of these from many sources and I bet not all asked permission. Some are selling these while others just make their own for their own use (like the giant ones I seen) so some may be ok while others not.

I only link to gc.com authorized sellers.

No doubt. The question was more in general because I have seen more and more of these pop up (stickers and stuff not resellers) so was wondering if Groundspeak had developed a position on this. I have also made one for myself which I have in back of my SUV window. The metal tags I keep in the house so there is no multiple use of the number. I figured this would be ok, but after some of the copyright threads I began to wonder.

No doubt. The question was more in general because I have seen more and more of these pop up (stickers and stuff not resellers) so was wondering if Groundspeak had developed a position on this. I have also made one for myself which I have in back of my SUV window. The metal tags I keep in the house so there is no multiple use of the number. I figured this would be ok, but after some of the copyright threads I began to wonder.

Ah. The numbers themselves would be okay. Any gc.com logo including the TB image would require permission.

Geocaching Logo Usage and Trademark Information

Edited by BlueDeuce

Wow... I just started yesterday with my boyfriend... but I came across this just now, I'd love to have a TB on my car and his as well! WHere do I get one? Please and thank you!

E-mail: van.enzan@gmail.com

Edited by Veagymon

Ah. The numbers themselves would be okay. Any gc.com logo including the TB image would require permission.

Geocaching Logo Usage and Trademark Information

BlueDeuce is correct. The Travel Bug logo and the word "Travel Bug" are registered trademarks of Groundspeak and may not be used for commercial purposes without permission from Groundspeak. Generally, for these products, we have a commercial logo license agreement that we send to companies or individuals who wish produce and sell these types of products. One there is an Agreement in place, they are official authorized to produce and sell merchandise bearing the logos and will promote their products as being officially licensed. If you are unsure if a product is officially licensed, ask the vendor or send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com and we'd be happy to help. If the vendor says "yes" and you're not sure, email us and we can confirm.

For those who would like to use a purchased Travel Bug tracking number (no logos) and include text like "Trackable at Geocaching.com", it would be ok without a commercial license.