InvisibleShield: 50% off

Barrikady

Bah, I ordered one on December 26th and still haven't received it yet. I should probably send them E-Mail to see whats up.

EDIT : Wow, they got back to me rather quickly.

Thank you for contacting ZAGG, home of the invisibleSHIELD! My name is Jordan and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I'm sorry to hear that your order has not arrived. Please note that we received your order #xxxxxxx on Wed Dec 26, and that we shipped it on the next business day. Unfortunately, after we ship the product we lose our ability to control the package, and can only suspect that your order may have been lost in the mail.

Our goal at ZAGG is to ensure that you are satisfied with our service and product. I would be happy to reship this product to you. Before we can reship, we'd like to verify that we have the correct shipping address on record for you. The address we have on record is:

Kinda sucks that it got lost in the mail...

Edited by Minex

I've bought one few weeks ago and just got it yesterday.

Yes it seems to be very durable, very easy to installed, very easy to RE-install.

Still not sure why I spent $10 on it. I think the little box that came with it cost more than the product itself.

Has anyone used one of these for a Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx?

I was wondering if this fits the screen perfectly or needs to be adjusted - I have alway had trouble with other products, since the screen of my GPS is not square, but has a lot of curve lines.

Also, does it adhere properly to the screen or it comes off easily? I noticed that on another products it peels off easily and when this happens, that's it, it won't adhere back and I need to replace it.

Thanks for your input.

L.

I have one for my etrex lengend and my blackberry curve. $11 for a 10 cent product is kind of a rip off, but once you have it you will not regret the decision. This is by far the best screen saver you will ever own and with the warranty will be the last one you'll ever have to buy.

When I got mine on my blackberry, I told my wife it was scratch proof. She immediate slammed the phone screen against the corner of the coffee table multiple times. No scratches, but I can't believe she didn't crack the screen!

:)

I ordered one for my 60Cx and one for my palm yesterday. They sent me to paypal and took my money, but when paypal sent me back to their website they had no record of my order - the items were still in my cart. The paypal email even has my shieldzone order number, but their website doesn't have a record of it. I contacted their CS email address after sitting on hold on the phone for 20 minutes. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Hopefully this is an isolated incident but it's worth noting. I'll follow up here with a resolution when I get one.

first Invisible shield was fine. Got a new GPS and ordered another one - it was crap. It wasn't stamped out - basically just a big square. Plus the 'magic' water they send with it froze solid in the mail and split the bottle open. So when I got it I had a wet envelope and a shield that didn't fit anything without attacking it with scissors.

Had the same issues with one I ordered for my wife's new cell phone. Didn't fit, frozen magic water which split the spray bottle and leaked everywhere.

I will NOT buy anything from Invisible shield again. It's crap.

first Invisible shield was fine. Got a new GPS and ordered another one - it was crap. It wasn't stamped out - basically just a big square. Plus the 'magic' water they send with it froze solid in the mail and split the bottle open. So when I got it I had a wet envelope and a shield that didn't fit anything without attacking it with scissors.

Had the same issues with one I ordered for my wife's new cell phone. Didn't fit, frozen magic water which split the spray bottle and leaked everywhere.

I will NOT buy anything from Invisible shield again. It's crap.

I'll wait for the summer to order. :)

Prior to sending the shields with their "magic" solution, they recommended that you thuroughly wet the material with a solution of one drop of liquid detergent in a cup of warm water. I used the home-made solution to put shields on my Garmin 60C (excellent fit, by the way), my ipod, and my Treo 650 (full body wrap). They may be a little high for a simple piece of vinal, but I really like the result. Well worth the modest investment, IMHO.

I bought one for my Vista HCx and it didn't fit the screen. However, trimming it down a little was no problem. Has anyone else had this problem with the same model or did I get sent the wrong one. Other than the fit it has worked very well.

I just ordered one for my HCx and I'll let you know whether mine fits properly or not.

I have had one on my Creative Zen Vision:M media player for about 18 months now and have been very happy with it. It's a great product and well worth it if you have a device you want to keep from getting all scratched up.

Thanks for the tip on the discount!

I bought one for my Vista HCx and it didn't fit the screen. However, trimming it down a little was no problem. Has anyone else had this problem with the same model or did I get sent the wrong one. Other than the fit it has worked very well.

I just ordered one for my HCx and I'll let you know whether mine fits properly or not.

I have had one on my Creative Zen Vision:M media player for about 18 months now and have been very happy with it. It's a great product and well worth it if you have a device you want to keep from getting all scratched up.

Thanks for the tip on the discount!

Put mine on a few days ago and it has cured nicely. Fits like a glove.

I ordered one for my Vista HCX last weekend at full price. I emailed customer service and they are going to refund the 50% difference. Now if the package will just arrive.....

Ordered mine 3 days before you and it hasn't arrived yet. Looks like I'll have to contact customer service.

Just to chime in on this topic:

The stuff isnt a 10 cent piece of vinyl, it is 3m "Scotchgard". It is very tough and if you watch the promo videos on their site you can get an idea of how tough it is.

Also, other companies sell the EXACT same product for quite a bit cheaper (less than 1/2 price) as shieldzone, but no lifetime warranty. So that is always an option.

And just a note about customer service, I have always had excellent customer service from shieldzone (ordered probably 6-7 shields now).

I have had a few come in the mail with burst water sprayers, but the early ones never used to come with it, you just mixed a drop of liquid soap in a cup of warm water, mixed it, and dipped the shield in that, worked very well and that is what I have done for the ones that came with the broken sprayer. Worked like a charm.

I am just a satisfied customer, but I would buy from them any day without hesitation.

Also, other companies sell the EXACT same product for quite a bit cheaper (less than 1/2 price) as shieldzone, but no lifetime warranty. So that is always an option.

I just found this thread. (Ordered one last month for full price.) Oh well. Anyway, i was wondering which companies are the ones that offer them for half price? Chances are, i would never use the warranty anyway.

We needed something for our GPS as the temp plastic was peeling off. I got this $6 pack of 5 plastic covers at walmart. omg, that stuff is so cheap. It covers it at least. I don't know how well though...

Something is up with the Invisble shield and the 50% off first mentioned here. I jumped on back in Jan and ordered a shield for a 60CSx. Within a few days I ordered two more shields at the same site. paid for them with paypal. Like someone above said I could tell where the money was sent but their site did not show my order. Kinda slow shipping

To make a really long story short, I didn't receive the protectors for weeks. After many emails they tell me they will refund (which took over a week) my money and I have to re-order the two shields. A few days later I get the refund and try to reorder the same items. They are now TWICE the price. After a bunch more emails they tell me the 50% off deal was only suppose to be a promotion for folks at a trade show and wanted to know how I got it? I had forgotten where I got the web site but thought it was kinda funny how they couldn't sell the screens to me one day but could the next when the price was back up.. ??? Bottom line they finally honored the half price deal and I ordered the screens.

Never used anyone else's protectors but all three (different models) fit perfectly and seem to do a pretty good job.

I ordered 4 InvisibleShields for my various "toys" in the last two weeks and all orders went thru just fine. I paid with one time use credit cards, if that makes a difference.

In each case the orders shipped the next day (I mostly placed orders in late afternoon/evening and was in my mail box 2 days after that. And yes, I used free shipping on all orders.

Customer service has been EXCELLENT !! In one case I botched up the installation (my fault). Wrote to InvisibleShield customer support asking them if the shield can be removed and re-applied 24 hours after installation. In the same mail I told them that it was completely my fault with bad installation, and if the same shield can't be re-applied, I will be happy to purchase another one.

I heard back from them couple hours later, and much to my surprise the customer service rep said that installation errors are not covered by their lifetime warranty, but as a valued customer they are making a one time exception and offered me a free replacement. I just had to pay $3.95 shipping. Obviously this was beyond my expectation ! I am their customer for life now.

I mentioned above that my experience was less that stellar. I had thought that they had not taken my money, so I just decided to walk away from the transaction altogether. A few days ago I noticed that they had in fact charged my CC (through paypal) for the money. I called and spoke with someone this morning about.

Regarding the original issue, they stated that they had some known issues processing paypal orders during the time I placed my order. The CSR I was speaking with retook my customer info, honored the half price, and upgraded the shipping, I should have the stuff in 2-3 days.

Regarding my email never being answered, I asked if someone would investigate. I received notice that they had responded and was given a date. I was able to find the email in a spam folder.

So, aside from the unfortunate problem with paypal it seems like they did everything else right. Assuming the product comes and works (which I don't doubt based on others' comments) I'd order from them again.