Benchmark in Puerto Rico

Phatfish16

Roxytrend and I recently visited Puerto Rico during our vacation to the Caribbean. While doing a tour through the El Yunque rainforest, we were brought to the Yokahu Tower, which is a US Observation Point. Is there a way to log this benchmark as a find? I'm not a big benchmark hunter, but if I find one at random I'm sure to take a photo or log the coords if I have the GPS with me. The Wording on the benchmark are as follows: Department of Agriculture Forest Service CNF GPS Test Network CDR. (Not necessarily in that order...but I'll try posting the photo as well.)

Here's a link to a website I have found that provides information about the tower and the rainforest:

El Yunque Rainforest Yokahu Tower

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer!! Happy caching, err benchmark hunting.

cruise2008052fy2.jpg

Edited by Phatfish16

Roxytrend and I recently visited Puerto Rico during our vacation to the Caribbean. While doing a tour through the El Yunque rainforest, we were brought to the Yokahu Tower, which is a US Observation Point. Is there a way to log this benchmark as a find? I'm not a big benchmark hunter, but if I find one at random I'm sure to take a photo or log the coords if I have the GPS with me. The Wording on the benchmark are as follows: Department of Agriculture Forest Service CNF GPS Test Network CDR. (Not necessarily in that order...but I'll try posting the photo as well.)

I'm from Puerto Rico but currently living in Germany, thats just a GPS mark... you should have taken the Mount. Britton's trail.... that's another tower like Yokahu but on a higher point and it has a historical benchmark, from yokahu you can only see the east cost of PR, from Britton you see airplanes landing in the intntl airport in Carolina (on a clear day, usually the clouds cover the peak...)

Cool even more History.

My Grandfather was a Weather Geologist for the Military.

I have a CD my uncle did after his passing of tapes he recorded.

He was the one who did some mathamatical changes for weather observations with balloons that made it much more accurate.

Then he probably worked at the station in Pico del Este in el Yunque or "Los Picachos" its to the other side of el Yunque and there are lots of stations ranging from weather, comm and wild life monitoring stations its another nice place to visit but its a LOOOOONG trail but the views you get as you make your way up are breathtaking... in summer you can find raspberries up there.... locals think they're poisonous.... but I've seen raspberries before on tv so since i was a child i knew what they were and ate them...