GSAK problem?

Jonovich

Is anyone else seeing a problem with the new release of GSAK now it has gone live? I'm getting an "Account Suspended" warning when trying to view any of the Google embedded maps on the cache page... I wonder if the google mapping has caused too much traffic for their ISP? Similiar account suspended messages are also appearing for me when I try and go to www.gsak.net.

Jon

That looks like a GSAK WebHost has suspended his site, usually happens when you bust your bandwidth.

Was what I thought... It's been working fine whilst in Beta, but I figured now it's published alot more folks would be using it, thus more of a load on his site, that is maybe handling the intermediate Google mapping stuff?

J

As a temporary work around to get Google maps working again in version 7.2, create a file called "GoogleMap.txt" (without the quotes) in the install folder of GSAK.

The contents of this file should be the following single line:

http://gsak.info

Edited by ClydeE

As a temporary work around to get Google maps working again in version 7.2, create a file called "GoogleMap.txt" (without the quotes) in the install folder of GSAK.

Sweet - that works fine now - thanks ClydeE! Just curious, What's it doing to make it work?

Jon

Edited by Dakar4x4

Sweet - that works fine now - thanks ClydeE! Just curious, What's it doing to make it work?

Jon

The shipped version of GSAK 7.2 uses my main domain of gsak.net to serve the maps. As I have just found out there are memory issues with my account at the moment. This may actually have nothing to do with the Google maps, but just the download and forum activity after the new release.

Unfortunately my web host suspended that account until we can get to the bottom of what was "hogging" the memory.

gsak.info is a back up domain hosted by another company. I have copied over the Google maps server code to this account, and that file enables us to redirect the Google map calls to that domain.

Edited by ClydeE

I have also created a temporary support forum on gsak.info so that GSAK issues/discussions can be continued there.

edit: I have removed the link, because it looks like gsak.net is back up again.

We still haven't officially got to the bottom of the "memory hog", but at least the account is off suspension.

Edited by ClydeE