Cacher of the Month: December 2007

adambro

This is a reminder that results from December 2007 for Cacher of the Month are due in by the end of tomorrow (Tuesday 15th). This will complete the year and the final results for 2007 will be available once these results have been published.

Further to my previous thread in which I suggested I might not be able to continue with the website, I am pleased to announce that it is safe for the foreseeable future. I am making arrangements to transfer the site to a different server which will allow me more control and enable me to accept some of the offers of help I have received. The new website will be at www.cotm.org.uk.

Whilst most of the changes will be behind the scenes, a significant change to effect users will be new email addresses to contact me via. Rather than going into my normal inbox, emails will go into a system an be assigned a ticket number which will make it easier for me to track outstanding issues and will make it possible for me to allow others to help out as appropriate.

As I'm sure everyone can appreciate, running Cacher of the Month takes a significant amount of time and effort but the new server I'm moving to also is not particularly cheap. As the site moves over to the new server, I will invite donations via PayPal (paypal (at) cotm.org.uk) from anyone willing to contribute, however small, to the costs of hosting the site. I will, I'm afraid, not be awarding extra points to those that do. :unsure: I will be happy though, to name those who've done so on the website unless people wish to remain anonymous for whatever reason.

I am also considering producing a Cacher of the Month geocoin as a way to raise funds and also to promote the site further and would be interesting in hearing any advice from anyone experienced in this process. Also, any expressions of interest in such a coin would be welcome to allow me to gauge potential interest.

Regards,

Adam