Grand Bahama

KB1CWS

Hello all! My name is Chris and I am a tour guide with GB Nature Tours in Freeport, Bahamas. I wanted to set up a multi cash through GB (about 5 to 10). I wanted to set up a self guided tour of our island. I was thinking of giving one GPS site on the net and when you found it using the attachment that I would need to e-mail the people that are going to be on Grand Bahama it would give you the clues to the next one. The sites I wanted to use are either historical spots and by reading info you will learn about Grand Bahama and the Bahamas. I also wanted some of the stops to be natural wonders that we have. I was thinking that this would be a full day hunt involving renting a car. Can I get some feedback on what people think about it.

THe attachement I would need to send to people that contact me would have directions, pictures and other helpful clues and instructions.

Thanks a lot for your time...

Feel free to e-mail me at kb1cws@gmail.com with a subject line "geocashing Bahamas"

-Chris (KB1CWS)

With an upcoming family trip to Grand Bahama in March I am definitely interested in more caches on the island! But you might have a problem getting this cache listed as you describe it. I don't think caches can be listed without all the info needed to complete the cache available on the cache page. If you can get all the coordinates of all the stops onto the cache page you should be OK.

You might want to contact a reviewer and run the idea of the cache by him/her first. But if it is published before late March I will almost definitely attempt it!

My husband and I went to Grand Bahama in 2003, and went to 2 out of the 3 caches that were there at the time. I just glanced to see what is there now (1 of the caches that I had found is still there, and there are 4 newer ones now), and I see that you are a local maintainer for 2 of them. I'm very glad to see that you got interested in geocaching and that you want to set up more caches in the area!

It can be hard in some countries to find caches, because there aren't enough local cachers to put them out, especially on a lot of the tropical islands. The majority of people really want to just find something close to their resort or close to a port, because they're not going to travel a lot and don't want to spend the money on a rental or a taxi. But there will be a few that can travel more.

As a local cache hider, it would be great for you to show people interesting spots as a sort of geocaching tour guide. But realize that a long all day multi will get a lot less finders than an easy nearby cache. Which is perfectly fine, and it can be more enjoyable for a cache owner when people go do the multi. I've found that a great thing to do is to place a few easy regular caches close to people (resorts and ports), and also place a good multi, so that different people can enjoy the variety. Since you are a local, you can bless people with all sorts of cache types!

As has already been mentioned, having to email for cache info isn't allowed on gc.com, except for very rare exceptions. But I'm sure that you can do something else instead. Is there a reason that you don't want to make a normal multicache? If you're worried about certain areas being historic and don't want to give out coordinates or certain info on the cache page, you don't have to. You can make the first stage of your multi be a small container that has the info and coords to the next stage, and you can even do that at each stage for the next stage on your multi.

I'm sure there's lots of ideas that people can help you with in this thread. You can also write to the local reviewer, which seems to be erik88l-r. Here's a link to his profile, where you can email him from: link

Edited by Ambrosia

Hello all! My name is Chris and I am a tour guide with GB Nature Tours in Freeport, Bahamas. I wanted to set up a multi cash through GB (about 5 to 10). I wanted to set up a self guided tour of our island. I was thinking of giving one GPS site on the net and when you found it using the attachment that I would need to e-mail the people that are going to be on Grand Bahama it would give you the clues to the next one. The sites I wanted to use are either historical spots and by reading info you will learn about Grand Bahama and the Bahamas. I also wanted some of the stops to be natural wonders that we have. I was thinking that this would be a full day hunt involving renting a car. Can I get some feedback on what people think about it.

THe attachement I would need to send to people that contact me would have directions, pictures and other helpful clues and instructions.

Thanks a lot for your time...

Feel free to e-mail me at kb1cws@gmail.com with a subject line "geocashing Bahamas"

-Chris (KB1CWS)

I think a historical tour multi or a regular cache series would be great. However, I do not think that anybody should be required to get emailed an additional information unless they needed additional hints or help. You could just put hints for each of the stages and/or put pictures labeled spoiler if it gives away the cache.

When I was there they were filming Pirates of the Caribbean 2/3 I think it would be fun/interesting to see where they filmed it. I cannot wait to get back there and do some more exploring and possibly dive Ben's Cave.