In The News... Geocacher to the rescue!

Circum

Rescuing dog from frozen (sort of) resarvoir Geocacher to the rescue!

Read the news story at this link.

And what about that stranger who appeared to save the day at an otherwise deserted lot?

He (the rescuer) was "geo-caching," a hobby where people hide trinkets in boxes in out-of-the-way places so others can track them with GPS devices and log their finds on Web sites.

Alright who wrote this ;) Oh wait a minute this is too good for a writer to write. Boy what a story this is. I am very happy for everyone this worked out for you. And what a plot twist at the end.

Just goes to show you that their is NOTHING like real life :ph34r:

kf4oox - Paul

While I'm glad that everything worked out for the best, its stories like this that people need to read when they take their dog off leash in the woods. Once a dog gets a scent you may find it impossible to call the dog back to you. I hope more people will think about how close the dog came to drowning and the risk of injury or death to the owner from hypothermia. Keep your dog on leash and it will be better for all.

While I'm glad that everything worked out for the best, its stories like this that people need to read when they take their dog off leash in the woods. Once a dog gets a scent you may find it impossible to call the dog back to you. I hope more people will think about how close the dog came to drowning and the risk of injury or death to the owner from hypothermia. Keep your dog on leash and it will be better for all.

You're a "cat person," aren't you? :D

Rescuing dog from frozen (sort of) resarvoir Geocacher to the rescue!

Read the news story at this link.

And what about that stranger who appeared to save the day at an otherwise deserted lot?

He (the rescuer) was "geo-caching," a hobby where people hide trinkets in boxes in out-of-the-way places so others can track them with GPS devices and log their finds on Web sites.

Cool! :D