TB activation problem - step 2 fails

k6ccc

I had a problem activating the last bunch of TBs that I bought, but did not report it. I just tried activating a new batch of TBs and had the same problem, so this time I am reporting it.

The problem is that on Step 2 of the activation process (where you enter the TB name, description and goal), I ALWAYS get an error message that states:

Sorry! We encountered an error when requesting that page!

Now the workaround is to go back to the TB listing and edit the page, however you never get to enter a launch date, and it's a pain in the neck.

I have tried this on Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Opera, using 4 different computers, so I really don't think it's a problem with my configuration. It used to work correctly.

Anyone aware of a fix for this?

I had a problem activating the last bunch of TBs that I bought, but did not report it. I just tried activating a new batch of TBs and had the same problem, so this time I am reporting it.

The problem is that on Step 2 of the activation process (where you enter the TB name, description and goal), I ALWAYS get an error message that states:

Sorry! We encountered an error when requesting that page!

Now the workaround is to go back to the TB listing and edit the page, however you never get to enter a launch date, and it's a pain in the neck.

I have tried this on Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Opera, using 4 different computers, so I really don't think it's a problem with my configuration. It used to work correctly.

Anyone aware of a fix for this?

The only way around it that I know of is to never enter any info on step 2. Leave the default TB name as is, and leave the goal and "about this item" fields blank.

You should then get to the next page, with the launch date and location.

After that, you wll have to go to the TB page and edit it, to add the TB name and description, as you do now. But at least you will avoid the initial error message, and you will have a launch date in there.

... that is, unless something new has gone wrong since the last time I activated a TB. :laughing:

I just posted this problem too.

Someone wrote that it might be the html code (assuming I was using it, and I was). I typed in the name of the trackable and left off the mission and description blank. It went through each time after that. Then I went back to enter the mission and description with html. It worked.

For those trackables with the missing launch info, just reactivate the coin or TB. It will take you back through the same screens.

I hope this helps.

Someone wrote that it might be the html code (assuming I was using it, and I was). I typed in the name of the trackable and left off the mission and description blank. It went through each time after that. Then I went back to enter the mission and description with html. It worked.

For those trackables with the missing launch info, just reactivate the coin or TB. It will take you back through the same screens.

I hope this helps.

I'm having the same problem - can't enter launch date, country, or state, and when I try to submit it goes to a generic error page...

I have noted this previously as well. Whenever you activate a TB, but use HTML in the description, you get a website error. However, if you use regular text the website allows it to go through. You then have to 'edit' the TB (once activated) at which stage you are able to enter HTML code.

So it seems that the original stage of TB activation does not recognize HTML, though it is recognized subsequently.

Cheers from Dubai.

I hope this helps.

OK, that was it. Yes, I am using html in the TB description (specifically a couple < b r > commands).

Thanks. If I re-activate a TB, will it kill the existing logs for it?

Jim - K6CCC

Thanks everyone. We're aware of this problem and have scheduled a fix for a couple weeks out. As mentioned the fix for this is to leave HTML out of your TB's description until after you have activated it. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: If you reactivate your TB the old logs will remain.

Edited by OpinioNate