Anyone planning to do Wicker's Hike?

Rose_Thorn

I've already done part of it and found four of the caches, I think, but since then Wicker has added a few more caches to this moorland epic! I fancy doing the whole route and bagging the remaining caches but thought it would be more fun with a few companions.

Anyone interested in meeting up on a Saturday to do this? Bogs a-plenty guaranteed!

I've already done part of it and found four of the caches, I think, but since then Wicker has added a few more caches to this moorland epic! I fancy doing the whole route and bagging the remaining caches but thought it would be more fun with a few companions.

Anyone interested in meeting up on a Saturday to do this? Bogs a-plenty guaranteed!

Hiya Rosethorn

You might be best asking this one on the NW Geocachers site - they advertised for meet ups to go caching on Anglezarke and round loaf too I believe....

http://www.nwcaching.co.uk/forum/

Why not organise it as an event, as long as you have somewhere to meet afterwards that anyone can go to then it should be allowed.

There have been a few of these in Scotland and they go down a treat. As an example the last one was The Cobbler

Edit to add that I have made a bookmark of the 8 events that have been held. You can view it here if you wish.

Edited by Haggis Hunter

Thanks, I'll try and plan something and bandy a few dates around - on the NW forum as well - a twelve mile mid-winter bash through the bogs should appeal to loads of people :unsure:

Ruddy ell :unsure:

Going to have to do another maintenance check again, just recovering from a broken foot

Was planning on doing another hike over a near-by moor soon tho :lol:

:)

An idiot of an owner of a burger van that threatening me! I wouldn't trust him to cook. We did the walk in about 5 hours.

He was charming to Jane after we'd done the round! Great burger & cup of chocolate.

Maybe you weren't charming.....enough :unsure:

How charming can one be in parking one's car? Was just pulling my boots on when he pulled up and told me "You can f***ing move THAT". He then proceeded to explain how he DID own the layby and was at the very least going to block me in if I didn't move my car. Tosser.