List of changes

CrazyL200

Is there a list somewhere of likely/potential/proposed changes to the site?

I asked this question the other day, does anyone know if such a list exists in the public areas?

Would be good for users to see what's going on and what's likely to be addressed/repaired/fixed/introduced.

Apologies if I've missed something in another area of the forum.

Look in the very first subforum. Geocaching Announcements.

You might want to tag that forum to email you any new posts.

Yup, thanks, already look in there from time to time.

Just wondered if there was a less formal, not so high level, announcement location or list of enhancements being discussed (or just listed) - guess if there was it would open the flood doors to even more threads like this one.

Just need to be patient and sit back and wait and see what happens later this year :unsure:

Edit your profile by checking "Inform me of new features and changes to the web site," then it will send you emails every now and then.

All ready got that checked.

Weekly email oesn't really say much except listing events and new cahces in my area.

But if that's as much info as there is ............ :laughing:

Hey,

Just to be clear...what Beaverbeliever and you talked about in these two posts (word for word) are two different options...

--Inform me of new features and changes to the web site.

--Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area.

Both have seperate check boxes when you are in your "Edit Profile" page of your account...you may want to see that you have both checked and not just the second one checked.

Later,

ArcherDragoon

Edit your profile by checking "Inform me of new features and changes to the web site," then it will send you emails every now and then.

All ready got that checked.

Weekly email oesn't really say much except listing events and new cahces in my area.

But if that's as much info as there is ............ :laughing:

Hey,

Just to be clear...what Beaverbeliever and you talked about in these two posts (word for word) are two different options...

--Inform me of new features and changes to the web site.

--Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area.

Both have seperate check boxes when you are in your "Edit Profile" page of your account...you may want to see that you have both checked and not just the second one checked.

Later,

ArcherDragoon

Yes, I realise that.

I have both checked.

Only ever seem to get the weekly email of new caches etc...

No news of up and coming changes or proposed enhancements (in particular I was trying to find out about added search functions etc...).

As I said before, guess we'll just have to sit back and wait for the new version of the site to be released later in the year before we get to see or hear about what's being changed.

Thanks anyway.

I will usually respond in individual threads about a bug or feature explaining our intentions to fix/implement changes in a specific area. So far we have not been in the habit of listing proposed changes prior to implementing them, in favor of [recently] announcing the changes made after the fact (see Quiggle's link). Mostly because plans change and Bad Things happen when we commit to a specific time frame.

I will usually respond in individual threads about a bug or feature explaining our intentions to fix/implement changes in a specific area. So far we have not been in the habit of listing proposed changes prior to implementing them, in favor of [recently] announcing the changes made after the fact (see Quiggle's link). Mostly because plans change and Bad Things happen when we commit to a specific time frame.

OK, thanks for the reply.

Would be nice to see what's being planned that's all.

But, I can understand and appreciate the reason behind your answer.