Mio P350 - Getting GPS Signal

VuurVos

I've installed Wherigo on my Mio P350 and when I start to run the tutorial cartridge, I get a message saying I don't have a GPS signal coming in.How can you configure which port Wherigo listens to?

FYI: when I start other software like Oziexplorer , the signal is recognized, so the GPS IS working...

When I would know which port Wherigo listens to by default, I guess I could try a port splitter...

Edited by Jeremy

I've installed Wherigo on my Mio P350 and when I start to run the tutorial cartridge, I get a message saying I don't have a GPS signal coming in.How can you configure which port Wherigo listens to?

FYI: when I start other software like Oziexplorer , the signal is recognized, so the GPS IS working...

When I would know which port Wherigo listens to by default, I guess I could try a port splitter...

I've found the solution to this problem : in the GPS settings of the device itself, there is an option that says "Handle GPS automatically" (I guess that's what it says in english,mine is set up in dutch).This is activated by default.If you deactivate this and Wherigo works like a charm. I've checked my other software like Ozi or TomTom and they still work.

Interestlingly I have had the reverse problem.

I got my Mio 350 up and running and seeing a GPS signal BUT now find that both TOMTOM and Memory Map can't :D now i know it must be something I did but for the life of me I can't work it out just now :P

Oh Well it only took half a day to get the player working so I guess I have a bit more tinkering to do...

It took so long to get it working as for some reason the .CAB file kept downloading as an XML file then it suddenly sorted itself out and did what it should :D

Last night all I could get out of the Mio was the message about no GPS detected. Totally frustrating as the ****** thing was left set up exactly as on the previous night when everything worked and I was able to complete the tutorial. No amount of fiddling with port and access management settings would persuade it to play ball again. I give up for now.

Further to my earlier post: I have done a clean boot on the Mio P350, reinstalled the player etc., corresponded with VuurVos about his settings, tried all sorts of other settings but the player still refuses to run again. The GPS talks quite happily to Memory-Map.

Having managed to run the tutorial the other night whatever has gone wrong since is totally beyond me :laughing: . Any suggestions other than wait for a new version of the player?

MBF

Further to my earlier post: I have done a clean boot on the Mio P350, reinstalled the player etc., corresponded with VuurVos about his settings, tried all sorts of other settings but the player still refuses to run again. The GPS talks quite happily to Memory-Map.

Having managed to run the tutorial the other night whatever has gone wrong since is totally beyond me :laughing: . Any suggestions other than wait for a new version of the player?

MBF

I just put a release of the Player up that, if the device detection fails, you can go to a settings screen and try the different comm ports/baud settings to try to find the gps.

David.

I just put a release of the Player up that, if the device detection fails, you can go to a settings screen and try the different comm ports/baud settings to try to find the gps.

Ah, the most requested feature. Compliments on getting it up and running. I hope this will help to solve many a person's problems. Hopefully.