2008 Jeep Travel Bugs

Puppy Dawg

Who knows when the 2008 Jeep tbs will be available? And what color they'll be? I suppose they'll be black, dontcha think?

When I toured the Groundspeak offices several months ago, I did notice a wide selection of jeeps of different colors on Jeremy's desk. When I asked about them, I was told that they were samples sent out from previous promotions that were just potential ideas. As far as I know, I could have seen one of the jeeps selected for this year's promotion. Who knows. On another note, I hope that the jeeps are larger this year, like the white jeeps were. I guess it never hurts to hope...

How do you get one of these Jeeps sent to you? Is there an application, luck of the draw, or what?

As far as I know, you have to put your name in and there's a drawing from that list if requests exceed supply. I believe this has been done in one form or another with both the Jeep and Diabetes TB promotions. I can't say for certain because I've missed the past few.

If they were clever or desperate fund-raisers, they'd ask for nominal donations just to get on the list.

How do you get one of these Jeeps sent to you? Is there an application, luck of the draw, or what?

As far as I know, you have to put your name in and there's a drawing from that list if requests exceed supply. I believe this has been done in one form or another with both the Jeep and Diabetes TB promotions. I can't say for certain because I've missed the past few.

If they were clever or desperate fund-raisers, they'd ask for nominal donations just to get on the list.

I don't think it would "fly" if Groundspeak was to ask for "nominal donations" just to get on the list. It seems as if it would go against the awareness they are typically trying to promote; i.e. diabetes. To increase funds and not have to "share the cost" with the premium members by raising the price for annual premium membership, they started with the ad placements by Google. It's none of my business about Groundspeak's financials, but I am willing to bet that they don't have to pay for the jeep promotionals, as it is just that... promotional for Chrysler, or whoever owns that corporation as of late.

By my logical thinking . . . should be black :) I thought it was around July :unsure:

Here is the front page of the Jeep website. In 2008 Jeep has seven models. I think the Jeep promotional travel bugs are great. Some of the options which could be considered include the orange Jeep Patriot, the blue Jeep Compass, the black Jeep Liberty, or the silver Jeep Grand Cherokee. Which Jeep vehicle would you like to see in the travel bug?

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

By my logical thinking . . . should be black ;) I thought it was around July ;)

Here is the front page of the Jeep website. In 2008 Jeep has seven models. I think the Jeep promotional travel bugs are great. Some of the options which could be considered include the orange Jeep Patriot, the blue Jeep Compass, the black Jeep Liberty, or the silver Jeep Grand Cherokee. Which Jeep vehicle would you like to see in the travel bug?

I would love to see the silver Jeep Grand Cherokee become the 2008 Travel Bug. That would be awesome!

How does one get ones name on the list?

It would be cool to get one of these promotional TBs (jeep or diabetes).

By my logical thinking . . . should be black ;) I thought it was around July ;)

I would love to see the silver Jeep Grand Cherokee become the 2008 Travel Bug. That would be awesome!

Here is another example of a new vehicle that Jeep could incorporate into a promotional travel bug. It is currently featured at the North American International Auto Show:

renegade500.jpg

Click here for a video.

For the past few years, there has been an announcement in the general forums telling people to sign up if they'd like to have a Jeep sent to them. You fill out a form with your name and address, and check a box promising to drop the Jeep in a cache within 2 weeks of receiving it.

It's generally first-come, first-served.

Here's a link to last year's notice.

For the past few years, there has been an announcement in the general forums telling people to sign up if they'd like to have a Jeep sent to them. You fill out a form with your name and address, and check a box promising to drop the Jeep in a cache within 2 weeks of receiving it.

Thanks! Looks like I just missed last year's.

Blue please.

I've always been partial to red, myself. Although I cannot say that all of my cars have been a shade of red, I can say that the ones that I enjoyed and loved the most were red!

Red? That is SO last year... where have you been?

I know... I know... :mad: I'm just partial to red, and that is the color of my Element! I would love to see a Honda Element promotion... lol :mad:

If I had to guess it might be the "new" Jeep Liberty, its the newest in their line up and probally the one they're looking to promote the most this year. If I had to guess even further... they seem to like it in the "red rock crystal pearl" :D

I wouldn't cancel out hopes of a wrangler edition. It would be nice to see the new two door wrangler :P , and a rubicon edition would be even better! Who knows they could even throw a curve ball and make an old CJ, or even better go back far enough to do one of the Willys Jeeps!

Sounds like they only get sent out to US residents. Is that true? If so, that bites! I'll be completely jealous! ;)