Has anyone else proposed to thier other in a geocache?

BTBAM

So...tomorrow my girlfriend and I are going caching. She has become as fascinated with it as I have. It has also come that time where she is demanding a ring - for us to be engaged. We have talked about marriage, and I have asked her father permission, but I just haven't popped the question yet. We are talking about getting married in December of 09, so I set up a faux cache called "GS1209". this cache has the cords already saved...but the camo tape covered ring box will be with me until she is searching with the GPS and I can quickly put it in the spot before she sees. Once she finds the cache (called "Surprise" by goober) I'll get down on my knee...pop the question...then go back to caching!

Anyone else done something similar?!

My friend dotdork proposed to his woman on a geocaching outing. He went beforehand and hide the ring in the cache, and had it set up with cahmpagne and everything, and then when they opened the cache he was like, "oh, look at this! See if it fits!" They are happily married now

I thik the cache was called "BeeViewtiful", it was on a hillside in Austin with a great view

My friend dotdork proposed to his woman on a geocaching outing. He went beforehand and hide the ring in the cache, and had it set up with cahmpagne and everything, and then when they opened the cache he was like, "oh, look at this! See if it fits!" They are happily married now

I thik the cache was called "BeeViewtiful", it was on a hillside in Austin with a great view

I'm debating if I should put a log in there or not... :D

the champagne sounds killer...but I bought her a bottle of Riesling for tonight when she gets off work.

Congrats in advance. It's a great idea, albeit not completely original. A quick search on keyword engagement shows 14 hits. A few of those don't sound like your kind of engagement though. This one was placed in our area several years ago and is still maintained by the local community. And this one is about 75 miles away. I haven't found it yet, but I do know the happy couple.

You're lucky to have a life partner who shares your enthusiasm for caching.

There have also been a geowedding event or three that I am aware of.

Anyone else done something similar?!

It's such a nice idea... I wish I had been into Geocaching a couple of years earlier then I had been because I would have used the idea. I ran across this youtube video a couple of months ago...

Ironically they choose the same song as my wife & I's first dance.

Good luck!