Active/inactive Making it not playable (yet)

blauweogen

I saw in the details of the my uploaded cart that you can mark it inactive so people can download but not play it (yet). Would like to know more about that. Planing a competition cart and would like to have a date it starts. How does this feature work? How would it know when it is active after its downloaded. And if you use dates, can you change the date on your pocket PC?

I sent a response to your personal message, but the active/inactive functionality is just something similar to the way we handle geocaches. You can publish a cartridge and make it inactive, which is supposed to put a line through it. It doesn't at the moment which is a bug.

Having a cartridge only work until x date is something you can probably do now with some Lua coding. You could have a timer check the time and if the date was past a certain point you could make a series of zones active. I was thinking of doing this for an art walk cartridge where it checks the date and time to make sure that the art walk is happening at the time you play it. You could also, say, make a conditional zone based on the day of the week. The nice thing about Lua is there is already an active community with code snippets you can find.