I'M CELEBRATING! So I'm having a cointest!

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Hi folks! I'm in a celebratory mood just now, so what better time to hold my first cointest?! :blink:

Basically, last autumn, a very good friend nominated me in a competition which was advertised in a national newspaper, and to my surprise and delight, I was one of the four winners! Without even doing a thing ... how good is that?!

To see what I am talking about see these two newspaper articles:

The Sun

Daily Echo

So, in a very small way, I get to play a role in the Olympics this year! :unsure:

I love watching the Olympics on tv and even when they are in the "wrong" time zone I often set an alarm to watch favourite events during the night! Sad, but true! :P

So, to win this cointest, all you need to do is name the two Olympic events / disciplines I always try to watch.

Clues might be forthcoming if deemed necessary! :blink:

The prize is a coin of British origin ... either a Severn Railway or Berkshire Search and Rescue ... winner chooses. If the winner has both of these, I'll offer something else.

Closing date: As soon as the two correct answers are given by one person!

Edited to add: One guess per log in, per hour please!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Congratulations on the honor you've been given. My brother in law ran the torch when it came through Idaho a few years ago. It was very awesome. (Hope your friends and family can watch you at a more convenient time. Tom ran his portion in the dark before sunrise, in the dead of winter!)

Anyway, a huge Congratulations to you!

That's awesome! Running with the Olympic torch...I'm sooo jelaous! Grats! :D

My guesses are

Equestrian and Archery

Btw I also look at the Olympics all night long when it's in the wrong timezone, often at sports I usually never watch (like Hockey, Modern Pentahlon or Triathlon in the summer games and Shorttrack or Nordic combined in the winter games). I guess that's kind of sad but true too... :)