OutOfMemoryException (possibly fixed)

hneel

That's the error message I get when I start Wherigo on my PDA. Installing went OK, but I can't run the player. With all other programs closed I have 24MB free on my PDA. Isn't that enough?

My PDA is an Eten X500+ with WM6.

Anyone else got the same problem? Or anyone knows a solution?

(added note that it was possibly fixed in the latest version - Jeremy)

Edited by Jeremy

Exactly the same problem on my HP Ipaq 4700 with GlobalSat BT GPSr and windows 2003 OS.

I have about 23mb of memory available, Wherigo seems to use about 10mb then the out of memory exception pops up.

I hope this problem can be fixed.

Regards

Bernard

Edited by bcnorwich

The latest version of the Wherigo Player addresses the OutOfMemoryException error. We tested this on the Dell Axim and it works. However, since the image resolution is twice as good as any of the devices we tested in the past, there are some bunching issues with the graphics. We're working to fix this in the very near future but at least you can get it running on the device.

That's the error message I get when I start Wherigo on my PDA. Installing went OK, but I can't run the player. With all other programs closed I have 24MB free on my PDA. Isn't that enough?

Well I'm trying to install it on a brand new Ipaq 214 (vga screen)

From reading this forum it seems that there is a problem with the graphics if I ever get that far.

So far the installation reports a successful installation but whenever I try to run it I just get an OutofMemoryException :laughing:

I'll be really disapointed if I can't play along on my new toy! HELP!

Cheers

Dave

Well I'm trying to install it on a brand new Ipaq 214 (vga screen)

From reading this forum it seems that there is a problem with the graphics if I ever get that far.

So far the installation reports a successful installation but whenever I try to run it I just get an OutofMemoryException :sad:

I'll be really disapointed if I can't play along on my new toy! HELP!

Cheers

Dave

Fixed in the latest player download.

David.