GWZ file

Kapitein Haak

So far i made two cartridges and after making them i published them but when i read the Wherigo website i think i am missing something. It says i must compile a gwz file. It is al file containing all files needed with the cartridge so i think including media as well. However al i have are gwc, gwl, gwbkup and lua files. Now it says its a zip file but with what do i zip it. With winrar you get rar with winzip you get zip i see nowhere a way to get a gwz out of it. It seems i am missing something maybe i should zip it and call it gwz it seems i can't really find it.

Other thing is this completion thing where do i add that line kalkendotters is talking about and what is the use of it. Ooh geez seems i will have to learn great lots. I even haven't found out how the player gets something in its inventory. Too bad there is no manual yet.

But i love it allready i will go on with this.

Grtz. Kapitein Haak.

Only if you create cartridges outside of the Wherigo Builder do you need to create a GWZ file. A GWZ file is just a ZIP file renamed to extension GWZ. So if you had a file cartridge.zip containing a lua file and some graphics for the cartridge you would just rename the file to cartridge.gwz and upload it to the site.

The reason why we use GWZ instead of ZIP is so that the Wherigo Builder will eventually be able to open it in the application since it can be set up to recognize that file extension.

Again, if you use Wherigo Builder you can publish your cartridge directly from the application, so you don't need to worry about GWZ.

As for completion codes, all you really need to do is set the Complete value for the cartridge to true at some point in your game, tour guide, etc. When someone completes the cartridge they can upload the save file, or GWS file, to the web site to unlock the cartridge. If you want to reveal the unlock code to the user you can do that too but it isn't necessary.