Problem with TB

patsu

I picked up a TB at a cache and entered the #'s on the tracable items page and it came up with not in the system. I have placed it in another cache. What do I do now?

And you made sure that you entered the correct #s? Remember about #s that resemble others :P

Yes I did dubbled check

This is weird. I wonder how often this happens and people don't think to speak up and say anything. I hope it all turns out in the end. :D

It happens enough. Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable posting in the forums can certainly contact Eartha via email. You couldn't ask for better support.

I have the same problem. I tried to log it and the ID is not valid. It has a memo on the Travel bug page to use a certain ID. I copied and pasted off the page and I emailed the owner and he sent me two ID's neither of them worked. Other people have logged it I don't understand Why I can not. I found it from- Suny geneseo cache, in NY. I am thinking of just dropping it another cache but I will try here first for suggestions...

This is what the cache owner emailed me..

Try one of these numbers: TB1HVWR or CHM887.

One of these should work.

The TB1hvwr is posted on the TB's log

I have the same problem. I tried to log it and the ID is not valid. It has a memo on the Travel bug page to use a certain ID. I copied and pasted off the page and I emailed the owner and he sent me two ID's neither of them worked. Other people have logged it I don't understand Why I can not. I found it from- Suny geneseo cache, in NY. I am thinking of just dropping it another cache but I will try here first for suggestions...

This is what the cache owner emailed me..

Try one of these numbers: TB1HVWR or CHM887.

One of these should work.

The TB1hvwr is posted on the TB's log

The TB1VWR is the reference number and can't be used to log the bug. Does the number the owner gave you match what's on the tag?

I sent him an email again. I just want to log this but there is no tracking number printed or stamped on this. I checked even the thin outer edge. I have seen little cards attached with information but not with this.

If there is no number on the item or tag, how did you know who the owner was?

Did it look like one of these, by any chance? Coins

As far as the owner if you are looking at a cache it tells you the inventory of the cache and you click on what ever item you have taken (travelbug, geocoin) and it took me to the travel bug page where it tells you who the owner is and then you click ont he owner's info where you can email the owner off their geocache profile! there is anothe way to but to long to type

Just like I can tell you you own vegas babes #1 and it is in the collins cache and no one has taken it yet!

Edited by bigryry

OK i think i have it fiqured out, I think this was with the geocoin and this is basically the "goal sheet" Someone took the coin and left this Geocoin buddy thinking it was a travel bug like i did.... It has been a rough week......It was in it's own plastic bag so I assumed it was a travel bug and now i found out i am an idiot....ok never mind!!!!

Thank you for replies....

As far as the owner if you are looking at a cache it tells you the inventory of the cache and you click on what ever item you have taken (travelbug, geocoin) and it took me to the travel bug page where it tells you who the owner is and then you click ont he owner's info where you can email the owner off their geocache profile! there is anothe way to but to long to type

OK, but since there was no geocoin or TB, only a "buddy", how did you know which item in the inventory (or not in the inventory) was the one that was supposed to be with your "buddy"? Not really important at this point...