Events Anyone

backhiker

We have a regular event here in my town (once a month) where we meet in a small restaurant. I try to go there every time. There are no other real coin collectors, but most enjoy the coins I bring, so each time I select 4 or 5 coins from my collection for them to discover.

I didn't have the chance to visit another event yet...

I am going to a Luau tomorrow in Colorado and bringing:

• 2 binders of the coins I have collected
  • 2 binders of the geotags
  • 1 small box, maybe 50 coins for trade
  • 1 small box of coins for sale (a few of each design I have in stock)

I attend about 5 event a year, going to try and make a few more this year especially 2 larger events MOGA and Geocoinfest.

Not all events are equal so bring what you feel comfortable with. Mostly people bring their activated coins or travellers they've picked up along the way for other event attendees to discover. I'll bring a binder or coin album to the smaller ones and a box of traders to the larger events. But that's mostly because my transportation storage capacity is limited.

I'm hosting my first one in a couple hours. I finally organized a binder with some coins in it and completely underestimated the amount of coins I actually have and how heavy the binder was going to be :unsure: I think I have about 50 to 75 coins in it, gonna try to get one more binder done before I leave. I am also using geocoins as some of the door prizes (some mine and a few donations-thanks pabloturtle and TCP). The funny thing is, I didn't realize how possessive over my coins I was until I started putting them into the binder and started worrying about something happening to them. If there was a way to chain the binder to my belt loop, I probably would, lol. I'm bringing some activated coins for discovery too :P

How many of my fellow coin collectors regularly attend events and how many coins do you bring with you?

I go to at least one event a month, just did one this morning and will go to another one on Tuesday.

The cachers that are coming is what decides how many coins I will be bringing. I brought 16 with me today, unactivated, hoping to leave them in caches that we did after the event. No big 'coiners' were there, so I didn't bring any of my personal collection.

I love events, and will eventually attend one in every state. (Maybe VA in February)

How many of my fellow coin collectors regularly attend events and how many coins do you bring with you?

I love events, and will eventually attend one in every state. (Maybe VA in February)

Where you planning on attending in VA?

I try to get to as many local events as I can. I have been to events in Virginia, DC, and Maryland.

I try to attend as many as possible. I have an event planned for February that is specifically geared for folks to come by and discover coins. "The Icon Pimp Syndicate", T.I.P.S. for short was form to help those fledgling Icon Ho's become full Icon Ho's.

I try to take my entire collection with me to the events I attend. Whether or not all the coins make it out of my vehicle depends on requests from the peanut gallery.

Thanks for the replies so far. For those of you that take some to discover, do you drop them in the event? Or only do that if you are going to hand off a traveler to someone else at the event?

I've only started bringing stuff for people to discover and I do try to log the coins into the event. That doesn't necessarily always happen though. I like the idea of logging the coins into the event that people will discover them at but its a pain to individually log them out of the archived cache I use for storage and then into the event, and then back again.

But I'm hoping to get a binder or two for my birthday and will make those traveling binders like all the big kids have :-)

But I'm hoping to get a binder or two for my birthday and will make those traveling binders like all the big kids have :-)

Then you can go around taunting everyone at the events . . . "Mommy, Wow, I'm a big kid now" :):D

When, of course, the reality is that when I'm in a room full of trackables I'm much more like a little kid running around on Christmas morning ;-) I love events with trackables :-)

I try to attend as many as possible. I have an event planned for February that is specifically geared for folks to come by and discover coins. "The Icon Pimp Syndicate", T.I.P.S. for short was form to help those fledgling Icon Ho's become full Icon Ho's.

I had been wondering about the T.I.P.S. Event's name. :D

Then you can go around taunting everyone at the events . . . "Mommy, Wow, I'm a big kid now" :):D

When, of course, the reality is that when I'm in a room full of trackables I'm much more like a little kid running around on Christmas morning ;-) I love events with trackables :-)

:D Aren't we all cuz it is So much FUN :D:grin:

We attend a few events each year. We take our own personal coins which we trade for other personal coins. We may have ten or so other coins for trades, too. Usually those are event coins or extras we have from other trades. Meeting the folks we see in the cache logs is always a good thing, too.

Where you planning on attending in VA?

I try to get to as many local events as I can. I have been to events in Virginia, DC, and Maryland.

It's the second annual Valentine's thing, on February 2nd. It's near the TN/VA border. Here's the link.