how do I log a TB discovered out of cache?

majordanger

I was visiting an out-of town friend on a business trip in Nevada.

I spent some time discussing my GC hobby and

he produced a TB he found in a wash in California over a year ago.

He did not know what to do with it and well I looked it up

read it's mission statement. last placement

I took some photos then had to catch a plane to Arizona without visiting a cache to dip it in.

I have the TB now in Arizona (where it originated) but I want to somehow log his nearly 1000 miles of interstate visits before I alert the owner and place it in a nearby CACHE.

I want to log the TB's visits to California and Nevada So .....

How can post the photos and get this TB's travels on the map?

thanks

Majordanger

Well I suppose you could find caches along the route your friend took and falsely log it in some along the way. But that wouldn't really be a reflection of the bug's history any more than your just logging it as being in AZ and telling the story of how your friend found it and where it went with him

Logging instructions are here. You'll want to "grab it from somewhere else" or "retrieve" it from the last cache it was in.

To add photos to your log:

After you have written your log, go to the "visit log" link next to your log. Then look for the link to "upload image", click on that, browse your files in your computer, and look for the image, insert the file image, add a caption, and if you wish in the bottom box, you can write something a little longer than the caption. Then click on "upload" and wait for the image to upload.

You'll have to do that for each cache it went through. Dropping it when you post a your find. If you already posted a find, you'll have to go back to each cache page and post a note, and drop the bug with the note, using the drop down menu at the bottom of the logging page.

Edited by Eartha