Trade Even?

Kol-Tai

When i place unactivated geocoins in caches, i don't expect a trade in return (nor do i drop one off in exchange for something).....IMO it is far too hard to value something that has different meanings to different cachers.

I always believe it is the thought not the value that counts. Just place something that YOU believe to be a fair trade.....

mm

Edited by Map Monkey

I always bring unactivated coins with me and other than that, I have a bag full of good swag! When I find somethin good I will usually trade several items from my bag which may include, geopins, foreign money, odd buttons, crystals & other specimens I have collected, patches, sig items, wooden nickles, 1985 Garbage pail Kids & M.U.S.C.L.E men, 8 sided cool colored dice and the such. I believe I have in my caching bag anything that would accomodate a good trade for anything I find out in the caching world...and for my caches- well you better bring some good swag!!! I also say in a few of my caches to trade up in another cache if they find they have not brought anything worthy of a trade at the moment.

Be Prepared for good swag or prepare good swag for the next! I love the swag and have a collection of all the swag I have ever traded for.

ever open a cache only to find moldy mildewed trash that makes you wish you had a serious hand sanitizer in your caching bag?

Okay, remember how that feels.

ever open a cache and find a geocoin... an honest to goodness unactivated geocoin...?

Okay, now remember how that feels.

Do you HAVE to trade even/trade up?

wrong question.

What can I leave behind that will make the next cacher fall even more in love with this game and his fellow cachers?

right question.

now get out there and leave some kick-butt, do-unto-others kinda swag :P

ever open a cache only to find moldy mildewed trash that makes you wish you had a serious hand sanitizer in your caching bag?

ever open a cache and find a geocoin... an honest to goodness unactivated geocoin...?

wrong question.

What can I leave behind that will make the next cacher fall even more in love with this game and his fellow cachers?

right question.

Amen! :unsure:

wrong question.

right question.

Amen! :unsure:

^^^ What he said!

~J

Edited by CinemaBoxers

An average geocoin costs the averate Joe about $7-$10. If you're going to take something valued that much what do you feel you should leave in exchange? It's a question of character and integrity.

Typically if someone leaves a geocoin for free it should say so in the sleeve...."Congrats you've just received a gift, etc etc" or in the case of a FTF prize it should be noted in the cache description. Otherwise it's a trade item.

wrong question.

right question.

This is so true. And also why it's true to hide superior caches and keep those caches maintained.

But well said derschlings, there is nothing better than hiding something nice for the next finder.

I take a lot of pleasure leaving good swag or an unactivated geocoin for the next finder of a cache. Your post was well summarized and speaks to how all geocachers should treat adding items to caches IMHO. Not everyone can afford to leave unactivated geocoins in every cache they encounter, but what a great feeling when you open that container and find something that is both pleasant and unexpected as a result of the last visitors to the cache!

wrong question.

right question.

now get out there and leave some kick-butt, do-unto-others kinda swag :D

wrong question.

right question.

That was well said! It's great to find nice items once in awhile.

wrong question.

right question.

now get out there and leave some kick-butt, do-unto-others kinda swag :laughing:

We have a winner! ;)

wrong question.

right question.

now get out there and leave some kick-butt, do-unto-others kinda swag :laughing:

Wow, Sunday morning and this is the first post I read... What a great way to start the day! It sure sounds like a really good geo-'do-unto-others'... ;) . May I quote you please?

wrong question.

right question.

now get out there and leave some kick-butt, do-unto-others kinda swag ;)

Wow, Sunday morning and this is the first post I read... What a great way to start the day! It sure sounds like a really good geo-'do-unto-others'... :lol: . May I quote you please?

feel free... uh, does this make me famous?? ha!!! :laughing:

wrong question.

right question.

Wow, Sunday morning and this is the first post I read... What a great way to start the day! It sure sounds like a really good geo-'do-unto-others'... :D . May I quote you please?

feel free... uh, does this make me famous?? ha!!! :lol:

Well you have given us carte blanche :)....

We have a newsletter coming out this week to about 450+ cachers and a website that some folks visit I think :laughing: ... plus we have an ad coming up in an international publication... I think it's gone to press already though ;)

How famous do you want to be? is the more relevant question ;)

wrong question.

right question.

now get out there and leave some kick-butt, do-unto-others kinda swag ;)

Wow, Sunday morning and this is the first post I read... What a great way to start the day! It sure sounds like a really good geo-'do-unto-others'... :D . May I quote you please?

feel free... uh, does this make me famous?? ha!!! :antenna:

Well you have given us carte blanche B)....

We have a newsletter coming out this week to about 450+ cachers and a website that some folks visit I think :antenna: ... plus we have an ad coming up in an international publication... I think it's gone to press already though :antenna:

How famous do you want to be? is the more relevant question :laughing:

Oh my God! Think off all the paparazzi........ :antenna: They'll be following you to all the caches, everytime you leave the house. Now that's what I call muggles......... B)

wrong question.

right question.

Amen! :antenna:

Have often encountered the "mouldy treasure" and I completely agree. It is still true "do as you would like to have done to you.' :antenna: