zip lock baggy sources

I have been searching the fourm and I am sure this topic has been addressed, but I have been unable to find it if it has.

The SWAG topic prompts me to ask the related question - where can you find the nifty small zip lock baggies that I find in many small and micro caches? Much smaller than the sandwich or 1/2 sandwich sizes you can find at grocery stores. Like 1 inch by 3 inches, etc.

I searched online and found quite a few wholesale sources - like 1,000 per box. They are are quite cheap by the way, but I don't need 1,000. Staples and Office depot also have them, but in 1,000 each boxes (for about 5 times the price of wholesale distributors).

Craft stores?

Often I find caches with the plastic baggy in poor shape and leaking - it would be great to carry some new ones to replace the leaky ones.

Thanks

I have been searching the fourm and I am sure this topic has been addressed, but I have been unable to find it if it has.

The SWAG topic prompts me to ask the related question - where can you find the nifty small zip lock baggies that I find in many small and micro caches? Much smaller than the sandwich or 1/2 sandwich sizes you can find at grocery stores. Like 1 inch by 3 inches, etc.

I searched online and found quite a few wholesale sources - like 1,000 per box. They are are quite cheap by the way, but I don't need 1,000. Staples and Office depot also have them, but in 1,000 each boxes (for about 5 times the price of wholesale distributors).

Craft stores?

Often I find caches with the plastic baggy in poor shape and leaking - it would be great to carry some new ones to replace the leaky ones.

Thanks

HopsMaltYeast,

I have a bunch of 4 mil (standard zip locks are 1 mil, maybe 2 mil at the most?) small plastic zip lock baggies (2.75" x 4") that you might be interested in. We use them in our store for various items from holding cache logs to holding swag items as you had mentioned. PM me if you are interested.

If there is significant interest I could also make them available to the public. Follow the link in my profile for more info on where to find them.

Edited by logonwheeler

I just did a search on the Ol' stand by Ebay for "ziplock bags" and came up with a multitude of bags in a multitude of sizes with good prices.

I just did a search on the Ol' stand by Ebay for "ziplock bags" and came up with a multitude of bags in a multitude of sizes with good prices.

Use the 4mil ones. They hold up great. I use them myself for shipping product. I buy them by the 1000 since I dont see anywhere you can get them in less qty. There is a place that sells them for 12.99 for 1000 2"x3". If you want the link let me know.

Be careful. Some cops use the possession of these baggies as probable cause to provide you with a free exploratory rectal exam...figuratively speaking of course...

Seems crack dealers use these tiny baggies, too...

Cop logic: Crack dealers use tiny baggies, ergo all people who use little baggies are probably crack dealers.

Edited by Okiebryan