How many Mystery coins are there?

Theotokos

I follow some of the Mystery coin threads since they are so fun to read and I enjoy hearing about all the wonderful coins and the stories that go with the find. It's so refreshing to hear about such good deeds and wonderful people giving without the need for personal recognition.

I got me to thinking though - just how many Mystery coins are out there? So I did some searching and came up with a list of Mystery coins/gifters. Are there a lot more than what I have listed here? Also, I didn't know if the Crappy Cache and the Christmas Gnome were considered Mystery coins or not?

Let me know what coins or "gifters" I'm missing from this list. Thanks

Geocoin Fairy

G O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire

The Phanton Cacher

Geocoin Secret Agent

Easter Geocoin Bunny

Geo_Leprechaun

CreepyCrawlyCacher

Great Geo Pumpkin

Santa's Caching Clauses

Edited by Theotokos
Did the Crappy Cache and Holiday Gnome come in stockings that you purchased? I wouldn't consider that a mystery coin.

Yes. But only the gold version of the Crappy Cache came with the stockings, the other version (silver I think) was found in caches I believe.

I have the silver one, and had considered it a mystery coin at the time. And I love it, but just don't think it is too mysterious! But it is a great coin!

Geocoin Fairy

G O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire

The Phanton Cacher

Geocoin Secret Agent

Easter Geocoin Bunny

Geo_Leprechaun

CreepyCrawlyCacher

Great Geo Pumpkin

Santa's Caching Clauses

2005 Christmas Mystery coin

2006 Christmas Mystery coin

Binary Mystery Coin

Crappy Cache Coin (silver)

Mouth of the South

Diver Mickey

The Shadow

Groundspeak project mystery coin, round

Groundspeak project mystery coin, square

Pay it Forward

Mystery Puzzle coin

Don't Fence Me In

Just because you know who made the Groundspeak coins doesn't make them NOT a mystery coin. He might not have made it to be a mystery coin but he didn't promote he was the maker either. They have been called a mystery coin for quite some time. I know who mystery people are...and their coins are still mystery coins, it doesn't stop just because I might have found out who the makers were.

ps Don't be emailing for hints everyone...my lips are SEALED and some of them I don't know anyway. I'm just giving an example!!

Just because you know who made the Groundspeak coins doesn't make them NOT a mystery coin. He might not have made it to be a mystery coin but he didn't promote he was the maker either. They have been called a mystery coin for quite some time. I know who mystery people are...and their coins are still mystery coins, it doesn't stop just because I might have found out who the makers were.

ps Don't be emailing for hints everyone...my lips are SEALED and some of them I don't know anyway. I'm just giving an example!!

So a mystery coin is any coin that is given or left without the person promoting or making it publicly known of his 'ownership' of the coin? Is that a correct statement?

I mean yes, some of you know who the mystery people are but in the broad sense it is those people that wish to remain anonymous.

So do the crappy cache gold and Christmas Gnome fall more into the thank you gift category and that is why they don't get to be on the Mystery coin list?

So a mystery coin is any coin that is given or left without the person promoting or making it publicly known of his 'ownership' of the coin? Is that a correct statement?

I mean yes, some of you know who the mystery people are but in the broad sense it is those people that wish to remain anonymous.

Just voicing my opinion. I think mystery coins are coins that were made to be left in caches and/or mailed to people with no return address, they are never to be sold, and the owner either makes no Geocaching account for the the coin or he/she makes a sock puppet account for the mystery coin.