Use Google Grand Central phone service for cache hints?

I came across Grand Central, which is a free service in beta test by Google.

Explanation here.

You can sign up a to get a phone number. You can forward calls from this number to any other of your personal lines and screen calls based on whether the caller is in your address book. It seems Grand Cantral was originally intended as a sort of hub for conference calling. There is a web component for email notification and online voice messaging.

I was thinking this could be used for "phone a friend" type hints on difficult caches. Or, you could set up an outgoing message with cache hints or puzzle cache clues. Or, leave multiple messages, each with progressive clues to a cache, and give the caller the ability to retrieve them.

Does anyone see any other potential uses for this in geocaching?

Edited by CacheNCarryMA

How about:

a. logging a DNF and contacting the cache owner for a hint.

B. solving the puzzle on your own instead of having someone give you the answer.

:D

How about staying open-minded and exploring different ways to use technology in a technology-driven hobby?

This might be a way to accomplish your answer "a" with less lag time. Suppose your seeking a worthwhile cache in a location that's an hour away from your house (because you've found every other cache near your house). It might be nice to get some instant clarification on a hide, rather than shlepping home and having to come back later.

As for answer "b", I was thinking more along the lines of audio clues or stages where you have to discover the phone number to earn the right to have "someone [recorded] give you the answer."

Edited by CacheNCarryMA