Uploading images

topotrex

Is anyone having problems when uploading images?

I'm getting an error message stating "Sorry! We encountered an error when requesting that page!"

I've uploaded several images(pictures) in the past with no problem and now all of a sudden I can't upload images to a cache.

I'm getting an error message stating "Sorry! We encountered an error when requesting that page!"

I've uploaded several images(pictures) in the past with no problem and now all of a sudden I can't upload images to a cache.

Got the problem resolved today through the aid of the Groundspeak Team.

The problem was that the image file was to large to upload. If it is much over 4.5 MB in size the picture will not upload. You will need to edit your image, and reduce the file size of the image to under 4.5 MB. The smaller the image the quicker it will upload.

I'm sure someone out there has tried to upload an image greater that 4.5 MB. :P

Got the problem resolved today through the aid of the Groundspeak Team.

The problem was that the image file was to large to upload. If it is much over 4.5 MB in size the picture will not upload. You will need to edit your image, and reduce the file size of the image to under 4.5 MB. The smaller the image the quicker it will upload.

I'm sure someone out there has tried to upload an image greater that 4.5 MB. :P

4.5 MB . . . faint.gif

With my 24 K, and today a super-fast 28.8 dialup connection, I always have to resample the images down to 100 KB, or smaller, before I upload them. I'm glad you figured out what was causing the problem with those large images.

Keep it simple.

Find a $15 called "a smaller image" - great for resizing those monster images down to web friendly sizes and scaled for monitors.

If you have Office 2003 or higher you should have Microsoft Office Picture Manager installed on your computer somewhere. That will also resize pictures and if you have office then its "free".