What coins are you looking forward to in 2008?

Boogus

Ok so it's a new year - resolution time.

I thought maybe my resolution should be to buy less coins this year and drink less wine.

So many geocoins bought already. Logic says don't buy any more for a while.

But it's a new year and already there are some really beautiful coins showing up.

There is no way to resist ... willpower is tooooo weak ... (especially after a few glasses of wine).

And there are so many to look forward to this year like ...

Compass Rose 2008

Crop Circle 2008

The next in the 7 Deadly Caching Sins series

The sun-dial from dwprods.com

The next in the Lord of the Caches series

tsuns next turtle series

and so many others ...

New years resolution kappoot for sure :o

Edited by Boogus

I'm looking forward to the myriad of surprises and beautiful coins that are designed by all the talented people here, looking forward to the comradeship, laughter and seeing all the generosity that is here on the forums and seeing it unfold.... :o

and really looking forward to a little boat that should be sailing in soon and to the guardian that would keep it safe.... :D:):)

No other comments :)

Naomi :D

Compass Rose 2008.

I sure hope they use the reservation system. I can't handle going through what has happened the last two years again.

Curious as to what the situation was? I ordered one from USA Coins and received no problem and that was seemingly well after the fact of them being released. I very much regret not ordering more than one.

Just wondering so as to be prepared :-)

Compass Rose 2008.

I sure hope they use the reservation system. I can't handle going through what has happened the last two years again.

I am new here so what should I expect. I have heard of the compass rose and they must be rare so how exciting does it get trying to get one?

Last year was the first time that we particpated in the excitement of the compass rose. It was a FRENZY of hitting refresh over and over and trying to check out before they sold out.

I'm interested in seeing the Pocket Decoder (believe its at The Caching Place). If its trackable and looks like the picture at all that will be very cool.

Also looking forward to the Maze coin and Earth Turtles (please make more!)

Heck, I just love seeing what everyone comes up with and I'm looking forward to at least seeing them all :-)

I guess I'm looking forward to seeing some of the coins I designed last year in their final form! I can't afford to buy coins now so I try not to get too excited when I see ones I really love, that compass rose will be hard for me to pass up though.

I am looking forward to seeing a couple of your coins come out too!!! :P

Compass Rose 2008.

I am new here so what should I expect. I have heard of the compass rose and they must be rare so how exciting does it get trying to get one?

They aren't all that rare, just popular.

I eagerly await the 2008 Compass Rose and anything coming from Paula at Geocoindesign. :D

Really looking forward to geocoindesign coins too! When 'Gone to the Dogs' was coming out I wasn't really impressed with the pictures and then I actually moved one in a coin swap and it was really nice and I had nothing but regret over not ordering them.

So even the coins I don't think I'll like I've been very impressed with :-)

I was talking to Tj from Tj and Blondie about this topic a couple of weeks ago. We both agreed that we wanted only new and original coins. It seems that coin makers are taking the original great idea for coins, and continuously making them in different colors or making a 2008 version. I want to purchase coins where only 250 are made. It really disappoints me when I buy a coin right when it comes out, it gets sold out, then the maker posts well it sold out so quickly that I am going to remint 800 more.

My New Years resolution is to buy only first edition coins. :laughing:

I was talking to Tj from Tj and Blondie about this topic a couple of weeks ago. We both agreed that we wanted only new and original coins. It seems that coin makers are taking the original great idea for coins, and continuously making them in different colors or making a 2008 version. I want to purchase coins where only 250 are made. It really disappoints me when I buy a coin right when it comes out, it gets sold out, then the maker posts well it sold out so quickly that I am going to remint 800 more.

My New Years resolution is to buy only first edition coins. :laughing:

Statements like these are kind of funny cause people get upset if you don't do a remint because they missed out and people get upset because you do a remint. Poor coin vendors, lol.

I'm looking forward to getting my first tiki coin 2008 stacker ;) Looking forward to the Pocket Decoder too and I'm sure I'm looking forward to some other designs but won't know it until I see them;)