The Worlds Slowest Geocacher

kennamatic

Am I the worlds slowest geocacher?

184 finds in 2324 days?

That's an average of 1 cache every 11.625 days. I did have a break from physically finding caches as I was caring for a relative, but during that time I was posting to the forums so consider myself active for this period.

Am I wrong or should I be awarded the Golden GeoTortoise award?

Now, if only I'd found 2324 caches in 184 days that would have been impressive! :grin:

184 finds in 2324 days?

That's an average of 1 cache every 11.625 days. I did have a break from physically finding caches as I was caring for a relative, but during that time I was posting to the forums so consider myself active for this period.

Now, if only I'd found 2324 caches in 184 days that would have been impressive! :o

Sounds like a record to me. Only another 186 days to get your 200! :):)

Moss Trooper has been a member for 7 years in March, thats 2920 days and he has 226 finds :) and he has got a spurt on lately :D

That works out at one cache every 13 days :)

M :)

Thanks for reminding me bonny lass.. Most of my finds are quality caches though :) (Believe that and you will believe any old rubbish :D )

I'll forgive yer when you do my Reivers Revenge Cache :D I Know I know.. "You don't do hills" :):D:o

184 finds in 2324 days?

Now, if only I'd found 2324 caches in 184 days that would have been impressive! :o

As the only other attendee to the very first "London area" geocachers meet you are a record holder in your own right! (I never thought a beer on King's Cross station could taste so good.)

LiS

Well, I can't even manage to be the worst geocacher. There's no hope for me! :D

I can't believe Moss T is slower than me, it must be an age thing.... :D .

Indeed LIS. What a remarkable drink and meet that was. And, as I remember, on my way back I was propositioned by a lady of the night! :D .

Those were the days. No GPSs, only divining rods and we had to log caches by semaphore. Well perhaps I'm exagerating a little. :D

184 finds in 2324 days?

Now, if only I'd found 2324 caches in 184 days that would have been impressive! :D

Sorry Kennamatic, you've been beaten by a girlie too! :D

I'm averaging one cache every 16.58 days.

(86 finds since 15/02/04)

I really must get out more :D

Sorry to say I have you all beat. I have been a member since 4th June 2003 (1345 days) and have only 8 finds (4 virtual) :)

I make that 1 find per 210 days :)

This will change dramatically this year but for now I am the worlds worst / slowest cacher.

Edit: Just to mention that during house re-decoration and building work, my GPSr was stored in a safe place (by my SO) and only came to light recently :unsure:

Edited by Turkey Trotter

Sorry to say I have you all beat. I have been a member since 4th June 2003 (1345 days) and have only 8 finds (4 virtual) :laughing:

I make that 1 find per 210 days :P

This will change dramatically this year but for now I am the worlds worst / slowest cacher.

Edit: Just to mention that during house re-decoration and building work, my GPSr was stored in a safe place (by my SO) and only came to light recently :laughing:

I thought I was slow, as I haven't been geocaching for over a year or so (we had a baby). Stats are 65 finds since 11th Oct 2001 - one every 35.1 days.

Did GPSr's exist for less than a million quid then, and were they like the history of mobile phones? e.g. the size and weight of a housebrick?

I'm still using the same basic yellow etrex as I did on day one and it cost me £99 on the high street, about what it is now.

What has changed is the number of caches. I think the number of UK caches were in the hundreds rather than the thousands and you could probably have fitted all the active cachers on a single decker bus! :ph34r:

Did GPSr's exist for less than a million quid then, and were they like the history of mobile phones? e.g. the size and weight of a housebrick?

I'm still using the same basic yellow etrex as I did on day one and it cost me £99 on the high street, about what it is now.

What has changed is the number of caches. I think the number of UK caches were in the hundreds rather than the thousands and you could probably have fitted all the active cachers on a single decker bus! ;)

Caches in the hundreds in 2001!!!!!! :huh:

When I started I would hide one and another cacher would hide one and we would both do a 30 odd mile round trip to find each others!!! :huh:

As for the house brick.. Not quite but pretty close. My first GPS was a Garmin GPS 12 I still have it and I belive there is a cacher still activly using one. My usual one is now a Garmin GPSMap 60CSx.

Moss T

Edited by Moss Trooper

Well it's not a race... which may be just as well in my case ....

Account created on :- Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Number Date Cache # Days between

#1 09/10/2002 Grimwith Reservoir

#100 25/12/2006 Pooh Sticks (North Yorkshire) 1538

Most consecutive days without a find: 1207

When I started Grimwith was the second closest to me and I found out with just a 1 - 25000 map having failed to find Hunters Stones with the same approach.

I reckon there are now over 500 between my home and Grimwith .. ;)

But I am now approaching 150 finds :huh: so the number still to find is falling but only slowly as this is a really good cache rich area ( North Yorks round Harrogate ) and more are bing placed all the time.....

Edited by fat boy slow

Caches in the hundreds in 2001!!!!!! :huh:

When I started I would hide one and another cacher would hide one and we would both do a 30 odd mile round trip to find each others!!! ;)

Moss T

Were we sub 100 caches back then? It's all too long ago. ;)

Of course, Moss T was an "old timer" even back then! :huh:

Caches in the hundreds in 2001!!!!!! ;)

When I started I would hide one and another cacher would hide one and we would both do a 30 odd mile round trip to find each others!!! ;)

Moss T

Of course, Moss T was an "old timer" even back then! :P

I resemble that remark :):)

Moss T

.......aye, but tha's still mi mentor :):)

184 finds in 2324 days?

Now, if only I'd found 2324 caches in 184 days that would have been impressive! ;)

It's probably a site issue.