Shutting California State Parks

Renegade Knight

Which would be better -- raise taxes to provide for non-necessary services like parks, or follow a fiscally conservative measure of reducing government spending to meet a budget shortfall?

(From what I understand, the Guvernator's proposal is pretty across-the-board... parks, schools, governmental offices, etc.)

Better would be to leave the parks as open land. No staff, no maintaince, but still a park.

Which would be better -- raise taxes to provide for non-necessary services like parks, or follow a fiscally conservative measure of reducing government spending to meet a budget shortfall?

(From what I understand, the Guvernator's proposal is pretty across-the-board... parks, schools, governmental offices, etc.)

Better would be to leave the parks as open land. No staff, no maintaince, but still a park.

Agree 100%

00020175.gif Some of those poor Rangers may lose their jobs. Who is going to pick up the litter/Caches now. Maybe they can get jobs as trash collectors with some city. They do have experience you know. 00020148.gif

My guess would be that it will be those employees that do not lose their jobs. Mind you now, that is only a guess.

Bad guess I would say. 000201B9.gif

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

We don't need rangers wasting their days picking up hundreds of geocaches in non-sensitive areas. ABDSP rangers are picking up hundreds of geocaches that meet guidelines that THEY gave to the geocaching community. IMHO, it would be a far better use a tax dollars to not pay for rangers that waste tax money. So get rid of the wasteful ones that have their priorities completely out of whack. This kills two birds with one stone!

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

We don't need rangers wasting their days picking up hundreds of geocaches in non-sensitive areas. ABDSP rangers are picking up hundreds of geocaches that meet guidelines that THEY gave to the geocaching community. IMHO, it would be a far better use a tax dollars to not pay for rangers that waste tax money. So get rid of the wasteful ones that have their priorities completely out of whack. This kills two birds with one stone!

I really like state employees who do as asked by their supervisors. I wish that more would follow their lead.

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

I really like state employees who do as asked by their supervisors. I wish that more would follow their lead.
What's that have to do with this topic?

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

You have information that suggests that these particualr state employees are doing something other than following the directions of their supervisors? Why their supervisors have these state employees carrying out assignments that are wasteful of their valuable time? I do not know.

Edited by Team Cotati

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

You have information that suggests that these particular state employees are doing something other than following the directions of their supervisors? Why their supervisors have these state employees carrying out assignments that are wasteful of their valuable time? I do not know.
Actually, we have no idea how far up the food chain those orders go. My guess is that it is a local decision, because this is only seems to be happening in one state park.

Agree 100%

Disagree 110%

You have information that suggests that these particular state employees are doing something other than following the directions of their supervisors? Why their supervisors have these state employees carrying out assignments that are wasteful of their valuable time? I do not know.
Actually, we have no idea how far up the food chain those orders go. My guess is that it is a local decision, because this is only seems to be happening in one state park.

Quite right, actually. Actually, that also just happens to coincide with my theory that in general most people's supervisors are 'local' to the work location. There are execptions for sure but I doubt that that is true in this case.

Actually.

Edited by Team Cotati