GPX Files

I just joined and became a premium member so I could benefit from the GPX files. Is there any way to download multiple GPX files or do I have to download them one-by-one. I can get the LOC files page-by-page but not that way with the GPX. Any input and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Chris & Lindsay

Do_Not_Reply@windstream.net (Yes, it's a valid email address)

Pocket Queries are your friend.

Here is a fine tutorial from Markwell: http://markwell.us/pq.htm

I find his tutorial very hard to follow. I followed his steps to a T (Minus the home cords...Just used Zip) and it kept sending me emails that contained 0 PQ's. I did noticed that on the Search by Google Map within Geocaching.com you can do the same thing. Any experience with that? Any other suggestions?

In the beginning.......

I suggest not setting a day to run when you first set them up, After you click the submit button and the screen refreshes, follow the preview link to see the results without burning up your daily allowance of 5 PQ's. When they look like the ones you want, ie, in the area you specify, then you can go to the PQ list and set the day to run.

This is how I set up one section of the PQ Form:

2e19e8d7-5e21-4326-8cef-6327c29f2302.jpg

I never use the Attributes. Those can be problematic.

After filling out the form for a new PQ, I Preview it to make sure I am getting the results I expect. After that, I select the day for it to run. If it is a new PQ, or one that hasn't run for several days, it arrivs in my Gmail InBox within a few minutes.

I think the attributes are what's getting me.

Of course I have used up my daily allowance...but I just senected IS ACTIVE and I get the email with the files attached.

It only counts against my five if I select a day / get an email?

This Geocaching deal is fun yet addictive. I catch myself walking around Walmart looking for what I could hide a cache in, put in a cache, what a cache might be in.

Thanks guys

Of course I have used up my daily allowance...but I just senected IS ACTIVE and I get the email with the files attached.

This Geocaching deal is fun yet addictive. I catch myself walking around Walmart looking for what I could hide a cache in, put in a cache, what a cache might be in.

Thanks guys

You are correct. PQs only count against your limit if you have them sent to you. You can run them online and change them around as many times as you want.

Thanks guys

What gets most people are conflicting selection criteria. You have to remember that it is an AND statement.

For example, if you select "Caches That I Have Found" AND "Caches That I Haven't Found" you won't get both, you'll get neither.

Here is a fine tutorial from Markwell: http://markwell.us/pq.htm
I find his tutorial very hard to follow.

:D:D:D

Well, I'm not going to just let that sit. I've added a simpler version of the setup that mirrors what Miragee has used in the forums many times. I've even included a basic setup graphic:

simplepq.jpg

Mark,

I don't want it to seem like your tutorial wasn't helpful...it was but the search criteria is what got me. Now that I have read some other peoples comments and help on it...it has made it a little clearer. Thanks for your concern through. Nice to have someone around that cares enough about their information to try to clarify it even more to help one person.

Thanks guys

What gets most people are conflicting selection criteria. You have to remember that it is an AND statement.

For example, if you select "Caches That I Have Found" AND "Caches That I Haven't Found" you won't get both, you'll get neither.

Yeah...that's what got me. I think I got it now. I just have to way for my "allowances" to go away so I can try this again