Geocaching/Wherigo Disney Style

sbell111

I was looking through the Wherigo forums down at the bottom of the page yesterday trying to figure out what it was. Can't quite figure it out. Sounds like it is more fantasy role playing and not so much emphasis on enjoying the wonders of the nature.

Oh but it can be. Instead of the fantasy type "stories" that are there - picture a walking tour of historic buildings with a "host" character leading the way. Or a botanist tour of a local nature area leading you to examples of different plants and describing them. Or a slowly revealed puzzle to a final cache location as you follow the directions onscreen. - Wherigo can do all of those.

I was looking through the Wherigo forums down at the bottom of the page yesterday trying to figure out what it was. Can't quite figure it out. Sounds like it is more fantasy role playing and not so much emphasis on enjoying the wonders of the nature.

Oh but it can be. Instead of the fantasy type "stories" that are there - picture a walking tour of historic buildings with a "host" character leading the way. Or a botanist tour of a local nature area leading you to examples of different plants and describing them. Or a slowly revealed puzzle to a final cache location as you follow the directions onscreen. - Wherigo can do all of those.

Okay, I have been doing research for a "tour" multicache. I can see how something like Wherigo might be interesting to use. Would the players be able to make these stories up or would they be purchased premade stories? And if we can make up our own stories should we worry about Vinny getting this technology?

Edited by Luckless
Okay, I have been doing research for a "tour" multicache. I can see how something like Wherigo might be interesting to use. Would the players be able to make these stories up or would they be purchased premade stories? And if we can make up our own stories should we worry about Vinny getting this technology?
With Wherigo, you would create an adventure for other players to download. I share your concerns about Vinny. Edited by sbell111
Okay, I have been doing research for a "tour" multicache. I can see how something like Wherigo might be interesting to use. Would the players be able to make these stories up or would they be purchased premade stories?
From what I understand they could be both. They could even rent out a PocketPC or Colorado GPS to do it. I think it has a lot of potential.

There have been various attempts at doing location-based gaming. We think that ours is the most versatile. :D

But of course.

I don't know the reference to Vinny.

Guess I'm just pondering what vinny might come up with if the psycho urban caches were to go interactive.

Ah. Vinny & Sue. Yes... that would be dangerous.