Graphic sizes and Fonts

blauweogen

Anyone have any info on the screen size on pocket pc? Is there a common one? Right now I am guessing and I am not sure of how graphics really look using the emulator. (although the emulator is cool). Obviously I don't have a pocket PC yet. Also, I assume we are limited by the standard fonts on the pocket PC. I would like to make something more impressive, but don't know if I can use code or I need to use a graphic containing the text.

Anyone have any info on the screen size on pocket pc? Is there a common one? Right now I am guessing and I am not sure of how graphics really look using the emulator. (although the emulator is cool). Obviously I don't have a pocket PC yet. Also, I assume we are limited by the standard fonts on the pocket PC. I would like to make something more impressive, but don't know if I can use code or I need to use a graphic containing the text.

The Pocket PC is a 240 wide by 320 height device. The emulator is the exact same size as a standard pocket pc. There is no font choice in building cartridges. Typical width for a graphics file would be 230 pixels. Pretty much, you can use unlimted height. Also, you probably should create the graphics and text separate. Meaning, create a message box, choose your graphic file and enter text. We'll be publishing standards and other documentation in the "near" future. "near" == I don't know when, but soon.

David.