Send to GPS button

LKN4FUN

:D

I have been away for a while and now that I am caching agian there are some new features to the website...like the send to GPS button. I thought this was great untill I tried to use it.

It seems to recognize my GPS unit (Garmin eTrex - yellow) and the Garmin website says that all is working properly, but when I hit this button I get an error message. Am I missing something, or maybe this isn't for my GPS.

Error message reads: "There is a problem communicating with the data card, ensure that the removable drive is plugged in and that a card is correctly inserted."

Can someone educate me on this?

I am also new at posting so if someone wants to e-mail me with the GPS button topic that would be ok. hcvagasky@aol.com

After getting the message that I didn't have the plug-in installed, I downloaded and installed it. Now, instead of that message I am getting this message:

NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Unexpected error arg 1 [nsIDOMHTMLDocument.getElementById]

I have a 60CSx and use Firefox (version 2.0.sumthin...). I have restarted the browser since the installation.

Edit:

I was able to get it to work by opening an IE tab inside of Firefox and clicking the Send to GPS button from there. So, apparently it requires one of the features that Firefox supports by letting you run IE when necessary.

Edited by pdxmarathonman

After getting the message that I didn't have the plug-in installed, I downloaded and installed it. Now, instead of that message I am getting this message:

I have a 60CSx and use Firefox (version 2.0.sumthin...). I have restarted the browser since the installation.

Edit:

I was able to get it to work by opening an IE tab inside of Firefox and clicking the Send to GPS button from there. So, apparently it requires one of the features that Firefox supports by letting you run IE when necessary.

It works fine for me, running native Firefox.

Edit:

It works fine for me, running native Firefox.

Ditto.
First you have to download the Garmin Communicator located here: http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/

Then you should be good to go. Hope that was some help.

Yes, I did D/L that program, twice actually because I thought something might have gone wrong. Still no luck. Thanks for the idea though

I have my DSL thru Windstram phone service. I had been using AOL so that suggestion gave me some thought, but I guess it is not the problem either.

I just don't know what to try next. Thanks to everyone who has given me som input.

What model GPS do you have? The Garmin Communicator is only supported on USB units. It may or may not work on serial units.

I have the yellow Garmin eTrex. I think I am plugged in via serial port (COMM). Lets put it this way, I know I am NOT pluggged in via USB.

That certainly would explain why it will not work.

Edited by LKN4FUN