Magellan Crossover

Anyone know what the max number of waypoints for the Magellan Crossover? I have a UPT file with approximately 189 WP but only the first 20 are visible on the Magellan? Is that it, 20 total WP?

OK I hate it when I answer my own posts. For some reason when I tried to import the new UPT file the Magellan imported the old file. What's especially strange about that is the old file was deleted from the SD card so I don't know what it was importing. Once I pulled and reinserted the SD card it took all 189 WP from the new file.

I found that GSAK and GPSBabel produced different results when converting the LOC file to a UPT. GPSBabel propogated the Geocacheing name as GCxxx whereas GSAK used the first 10 letters of the description field.

Edited by cowboyshootist

OK I hate it when I answer my own posts. For some reason when I tried to import the new UPT file the Magellan imported the old file. What's especially strange about that is the old file was deleted from the SD card so I don't know what it was importing. Once I pulled and reinserted the SD card it took all 189 WP from the new file.

I think I read somewhere in these forums that if you go to your map screen (Outdoor mode) and then remove and re-insert the SD card, that will cause the unit to flush it's buffer of that card and re-read it. I've had the same type of problems where it can't see the new file that I added to the SD card.

I found that GSAK and GPSBabel produced different results when converting the LOC file to a UPT. GPSBabel propogated the Geocacheing name as GCxxx whereas GSAK used the first 10 letters of the description field.

If you're interested, I modifed the GPSBabel code to have the GC # and the Description swap position when writing the UPT file. Email me if you would like this modified version ... jetskier_orl at yahoo

Hope that helps,

JetSkier