International Geocoin Math Trade - Round Two

moscow32

Wohoo, I got all three coins traded away. Thanks for organizing this, Brady! It's been really fun! :yikes:

I have no clue what the coins I'll recieve look like (everything was sort of random after looking at the first 80 coins or so), so that will be a surprise too. :yikes:

I'll send my coins today or tomorrow.

Hey @ All,

I have now all coins ready for shipping, please check them again, before I bring the coins to the post office:

3BlindEyes receives:

-CastleMan "Antique Bronze"

-Croatia "Antique Copper"

The Moop Along:

-Croatia "Black Nickel" LE

-Ellandel Singapore "Nickel"

-Ellandel Singapore "Gold" LE

Los_Muertos:

-CinemaBoxers 10th Anniversary Geocoin "Antique Nickel"

WI_Robin:

-King of Geocaching "Antique Gold" LE

icydove:

-Dragon Spynner Decypter "Antique Copper" LE

DrJeepStr:

-Samana Team "Copper"

-Stone of Rosetta "Antique Copper" LE

Avoair:

-Tranquility "Green Giant"

Hope this is all correct, otherwise sent me an E-mail please

Greets

Volker

Hey @ All,

I have now all coins ready for shipping, please check them again, before I bring the coins to the post office:

3BlindEyes receives:

-CastleMan "Antique Bronze"

-Croatia "Antique Copper"

The Moop Along:

-Croatia "Black Nickel" LE

-Ellandel Singapore "Nickel"

-Ellandel Singapore "Gold" LE

Los_Muertos:

-CinemaBoxers 10th Anniversary Geocoin "Antique Nickel"

WI_Robin:

-King of Geocaching "Antique Gold" LE

icydove:

-Dragon Spynner Decypter "Antique Copper" LE

DrJeepStr:

-Samana Team "Copper"

-Stone of Rosetta "Antique Copper" LE

Avoair:

-Tranquility "Green Giant"

Hope this is all correct, otherwise sent me an E-mail please

Greets

Volker

I can't see the list from work. So, if you're sending me something, then rock on :yikes:

Great effort moscow32, thanks!

I won 2 identical coins (GCC 2006-06), so that will inspire me to study the more advanced options nwext time!

All my coins traded, except the Tortoise and Hare (and it's such a cute coin!).

Everyone please be patient for a couple of days. I am away from home and will be back on Saturday. Will get the mailers out then asap.

Katja

Thanks to Moscow32 and all who participated and put up great coins. I am having lots of fun putting my envelopes together and looking forward to my new coins arriving. I have sent out 8 of the 12 packages today:

KEHUNT64

EL_ROLFO

DOLFY

TMA

WI_ROBIN

GEOCACHINGDRAGON

ASTARTUS

LELLE1987

The other 4 I am waiting on addresses and will get them out once I receive them.

Thanks again!!! Looking forward to the next Math Trade.

Thanks for playing everyone. :yikes:

I've been doing some research about how to better explain the Math Trade, so that may help down the line. I'm not averse to anyone else setting one up if they want to, but I may host another one in Late February/early March. (I've got to catch my breath from this one!)

If anyone has any suggestions about how to make it run better, please email me. If anyone wants to host another one before I get around to doing another one, shoot me an email, and I'll offload some of my experiential learning. :yikes:

I'll be packaging my trades tonight and getting them in the mail tomorrow.

Hi Brady,

First of all a BIG THANK YOU for hosting this 2nd Int. Math Trade!

As I had the pleasure to run a german-only Math Trade and the 1st Int. Math Trade I surely know how much time, energy and effort you placed in it (not to speak of all the explanations that may have been mailed out). As this was the first geocoin math trade that I participated in as a trader only I was really surprised how smooth everything went! I can't praise you high enough for this!

Perfect job!

Back to business again :yikes::yikes:

From the experience that you've gained through this trade, do you think it would be worth the time to set up some kind of instruction guide dedicated to geocoin math trades? I freely admit that I was thinking of that right after the 1st Int. Math Trade but somehow lost the energy in between (not to speak of the fact that I was a bit unsure wether this will work for me being a non-native speaker) ...

If you are interested, let me know - maybe we can both combine ideas, text passages etc ...

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi Volker

you said "3BlindEyes receives: CastleMan - Antique Bronze and Croatia - Antique Copper. That looks good and correct to me. :)

I was wondering if anybody else did any dummy bids as per the 'advanced items' that Dolfy and kdv mentioned?

Maybe icydove didn't know either as they ended up with 2 templars. I'll have to send an email and see if I can negotiate a trade for one. :)

Dirk and Brady could explain it, but I might as well have a go at explaining dummy bids to help out.

Thanks go to Brady for teaching me how to do it. :ph34r:

You would all have noticed there were several coins that were duplicated in the trade, so if there were 2 identical coins from 2 different traders

and you wanted both of the coins, simply add both id numbers in your want list.

Lets use the pair of duplicated 'Compass Rose 2006 - Silver' coins as an example. Im sure doc256 and KrazyTrollz wont mind.

The numbers of these 2 coins were 138 and 307. In my want list I would type in (3BlindEyes) 005 : 138 307 and (3BlindEyes) 006 : 138 307

These are just examples, but by doing that you would probably end up with both of the coins.

If you want to trade for only one coin, thats when the 'advanced options' come into play!

If any of you have done any computer programming you know that you need to define variables, or strings as they were called in the early 80's.

At the head of your want list, just make up something appropriate with % in front of it to define your variable. In this case I will use %comrose,

then we need to add the id numbers of the duplicate coins, these being 138 and 307.

So... to define your variable, add (%comrose: 138 307) to the beginning of your want list.

Now in my want list I would insert the variable in place of the id numbers of both coins, so it would now look like this:-

(3BlindEyes) 001 : %comrose 183 069 etc

This way I will only win one of the Compass Roses, and it wont matter which one I win. For other duplicated coins just make more variables

such as (%templar: 230 492) and (%crystal: 103 438)

Well, I hope I've done a reasonable job explaining how dummy bids work using variables as it will help you with future Math Trades.

Just be sure to ask the host first if dummy bids are allowed.

Cheers! Mal

Didn't know about the option for gathering same coins in a variable. Good to know for the next Math tade.

3 of my 4 trades are have been brought to the local post office. BlueMotmot, doc256 and coreynjoey should hopefully recieve their coins soon. Still waiting on shipping adress from Los_Muertos

This was a gret project. Let's see if I can gather some spare coins for a possible 3rd Math Trade.

At the head of your want list, just make up something appropriate with % in front of it to define your variable. In this case I will use %comrose,

then we need to add the id numbers of the duplicate coins, these being 138 and 307.

So... to define your variable, add (%comrose: 138 307) to the beginning of your want list.

Now in my want list I would insert the variable in place of the id numbers of both coins, so it would now look like this:-

(3BlindEyes) 001 : %comrose 183 069 etc

This way I will only win one of the Compass Roses, and it wont matter which one I win. For other duplicated coins just make more variables

such as (%templar: 230 492) and (%crystal: 103 438)

Well, I hope I've done a reasonable job explaining how dummy bids work using variables as it will help you with future Math Trades.

Just be sure to ask the host first if dummy bids are allowed.

Cheers! Mal

Just wanted to add that when Brady explained this to me he asked that when I named my variable that I include my initials so mine is not confused with someone else's variable. Example of the one discussed above would be %comroseke

Edited by kehunt64

All of my packages went out today. I was surprised at the cost to mail to Germany. I don't remember it being so costly last time! Did you all raise your prices over there?

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I do appreciate it. I didn't realize going in how much work it would be, but the friendliness and good nature of all really made it worth it. (That and the coins I'll be getting ;) )

I got 7 packages posted out today for:

Doc256

Dolfy

DrJeepstr

Icydove

Kehunt64

Moscow32

Thoto

8 still to ship: Blue MotMot, CoreynJoey, El-Rolfo, KDV, KrazyTrollz, Lindsychris, Menkinger, TMA

Cost me nearly 50 bucks and Im only half way through! :wacko:

I'll have the rest at the post office tomorrow morning.

Thanks everybody for the good trades and I hope everyone enjoys their coins!! ;):D

Cost me nearly 50 bucks and Im only half way through! ;)

WOW that's a lot of postage!! I thought mine was bad at $20.00 and I still have 1 more to ship to Germany. Have never shipped overseas and was a little surprised that my packages to Italy and Germny were $0.90 per ounce with no discount after the first ounce. Was everyone required to do the customs form? My post office told me that it was not required because they were not "purchased" from me and the value was less than $400.00. I got her to add them to the packages but she showed me where their system said I didn't need them.

My postage was $27 - one package to Germany over $5 ;) . My postmaster also says that I don't need a customs form. I have had pretty good luck sending them without - only one package has ever went missing for me.

Yes yes, I see everyone's posts. No customs forms needed. Wait until customs grabs one of your packages, and then has to open it. Then its stuck for 4 months in their office. Yummy. Its just a piece of paper, better safe than sorry. :D

Thanks to Moscow32 and all who participated and put up great coins. I am having lots of fun putting my envelopes together and looking forward to my new coins arriving. I have sent out 8 of the 12 packages today:

KEHUNT64

EL_ROLFO

DOLFY

TMA

WI_ROBIN

GEOCACHINGDRAGON

ASTARTUS

LELLE1987

Thanks again!!! Looking forward to the next Math Trade.

The final 4 packages were mailed out today to:

3BLINDEYES

DRJEEPSTR

TEAMFIREBOY

LINDSYCHRIS

I am looking forward to Round 3 soon :D

My postage was $27 - one package to Germany over $5 :D . My postmaster also says that I don't need a customs form. I have had pretty good luck sending them without - only one package has ever went missing for me.

Lucky you. I had six packages to the United States and Australia. Each one cost me 7,80 Euro, thats 11,43 USD :D

Cost me nearly 50 bucks and Im only half way through! :D

I found the same thing with a higher price to Germany, and especially to yours in Australia. The postal worker told me that Canada Post just changed to a zone system, and the further away a place is, the more it costs. Used to be a flat international rate anywhere.

Well, I just came back from the post office where I finished sending off the last of my 15 packages...

and Holy Moley! Grand total to send 15 out plus mailers came to $90.20 :blink::P can anyone beat that??

That'll teach me to put so many coins in the trade! ...but I'm getting plenty back, so it all works out in the end. :)

TMA, you're getting 10 coins so I split your package into 2 separate ones. Hopefully they'll arrive together.

Now I can relax and sit back and wait for my new coins to roll in! :P