International Geocoin Math Trade - Round Two

moscow32

I don't post much but thought I'd give my update...

In total, I have geocoins coming from 18 (yes, *eighteen) traders! Thus far, I have received trades from the following 15 folks:

3BlindEyes

AvroAir

Coreynjoey

El_Rolfo

GeocachingDragon

Icydove

KrazyTrollz

Lindychris

Menkinger-Familycacher

Moscow32

MrExplorer3

PSU Fan

The Moop Along

The Moops

Wi_Robin

To *EVERYONE* listed above, many, many thanks for some amazing and wonderful trades!!!!

So, I am still awaiting trades from 3 (three) other people:

CENTRIS (2 geocoins which happened to be my #1 and #3 choices....chomping at the bit and really annoying my mail lady!! :wacko: )

DOC256 (One geocoin)

KEHUNT64 (One geocoin)

If you are any of the three traders above, please, PLEASE let me know when you sent your packages out. I don't want to nag anyone!!

Also, just can't wait for Round 3!!!! :rolleyes:

DrJeepStr

Received my last two coins over the weekend:

THX4TC green Jeep from Team zzZZzz

12 days of Caching from 3 Blind Eyes

Too funny......the 12 days one.......I thought it was going to be something else, so after the initial 'ohhh what's this'...... it's really a pretty coin, so..... shiny is shiny and CRAKE is CRAKE, LOLOL!

This trade was an education in itself and a lot of fun.......I have a better understanding for the next go -round. I really enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together!!!! ;)

and thanks all for the trades :)

In total, I have geocoins coming from 18 (yes, *eighteen) traders! Thus far, I have received trades from the following 15 folks:

3BlindEyes

AvroAir

Coreynjoey

El_Rolfo

GeocachingDragon

Icydove

KrazyTrollz

Lindychris

Menkinger-Familycacher

Moscow32

MrExplorer3

PSU Fan

The Moop Along

The Moops

_Robin

To *EVERYONE* listed above, many, many thanks for some amazing and wonderful trades!!!!

CENTRIS (2 geocoins which happened to be my #1 and #3 choices....chomping at the bit and really annoying my mail lady!! ;) )

DOC256 (One geocoin)

KEHUNT64 (One geocoin)

If you are any of the three traders above, please, PLEASE let me know when you sent your packages out. I don't want to nag anyone!!

Also, just can't wait for Round 3!!!! :)

DrJeepStr

DrJeepStr the list that I have does not show that I have a geocoin being mailed to you. My list shows that I received three geocoins from you (Frozen Buns copper, Castleman Sings the Blues and Caching Hazards Rhodium). I traded 18 coins and they were all mailed out weeks ago.

I double checked the Google Documents to make sure I did not miss something and my list doesn't show you as receiving a coin from me.

Edited by kehunt64

I have received my trades from

Avroair

kehunt

DrJeepStr

icydove

TheMoopAlong

I sent out 14 packages last Monday. 4-Germany, 1-Canada, 1-Australia and the rest in the USA.

I have also received from

Danoshimano

SwedenHawk

Doc256

Wutzebear

Team zZZz

El_Rolfo

I am only waiting for 2 geocoins from one person now.

Thanks for all of the trades.

Mr.Explorer3

Got two coins from two separate people yesterday. Same package? Weird.

Sent by doc256 with my coin also in the package? Well, there's an easy solution to that riddle: we go out together often, so doc sent my coin together with his to save the postage. On the other hand I sent one of his together with mine.

Got two coins from two separate people yesterday. Same package? Weird.

Sent by doc256 with my coin also in the package? Well, there's an easy solution to that riddle: we go out together often, so doc sent my coin together with his to save the postage. On the other hand I sent one of his together with mine.

That would be a very easy explanation :lol: Yes, it was your coin and doc's. I just found it weird. Not only that, it was the same coin (yeah, I don't know how to code for only one of each version). Thanks

TMA

3BlindEyes

AvroAir

Coreynjoey

El_Rolfo

GeocachingDragon

Icydove

KrazyTrollz

Lindychris

Menkinger-Familycacher

Moscow32

MrExplorer3

PSU Fan

The Moop Along

The Moops

_Robin

CENTRIS (2 geocoins which happened to be my #1 and #3 choices....chomping at the bit and really annoying my mail lady!! :lol: )

DOC256 (One geocoin)

KEHUNT64 (One geocoin)

Also, just can't wait for Round 3!!!! :wub:

DrJeepStr

DrJeepStr the list that I have does not show that I have a geocoin being mailed to you. My list shows that I received three geocoins from you (Frozen Buns copper, Castleman Sings the Blues and Caching Hazards Rhodium). I traded 18 coins and they were all mailed out weeks ago.

I double checked the Google Documents to make sure I did not miss something and my list doesn't show you as receiving a coin from me.

Ooops Sorry KeHunt64...My Bad! Guess my GF transcribed the list with an error!! :wub:

Hey, is anyone still waiting for coins from Centris other than me?? Sent a couple emails but I am worried as so far have gotten no response. I don't know how long to reasonably wait....Bikki Bikki and XLE Minn geocoins...don't want to lose them in the mail! Anyone with info please give me a holler! Thanks so much, DrJeepStr :wub:

Ooops Sorry KeHunt64...My Bad! Guess my GF transcribed the list with an error!! :lol:

Hey, is anyone still waiting for coins from Centris other than me?? Sent a couple emails but I am worried as so far have gotten no response. I don't know how long to reasonably wait....Bikki Bikki and XLE Minn geocoins...don't want to lose them in the mail! Anyone with info please give me a holler! Thanks so much, DrJeepStr :wub:

Talked to Centris today. All the coins are in the mail. Hang tight :wub:

TMA

yeah, I don't know how to code for only one of each version

It's not that hard to do, you go with two steps

Step 1: you define a dummy list. For example

%Dummy : 123 145 245 224

meaning "I want one (no more than one) of the following coins: 123, 145, 245, 224"

Step 2: when writing you wanted-list, instead of

123, 145, 245, 224

you just write

%Dummy

That's all, no magic involved. :lol:

If we were to do this again, would anyone be opposed if we did a Domestic (US and Canada) trade in one thread and an International Trade (US, Canada and everyone else) in another at the same time?

It would be slightly more work, and you would not be able to offer the same coins in each trade, but I've heard through the grapevine that some people would like to participate, but can't afford the shipping overseas part.

Would it be just easier to have 2 seperate columns on the trading sheet? One column could be for US trades and the other would be for international trades. When you list your coins just check off which areas you are willing to ship that particular coin to. Everyone would just have to make sure that the coins they put in their want list are actually available for shipping to their country. This way you can still offer your coin to either if that's what you want instead of just offering to one or the other.

Edited by Dolfy

If we were to do this again, would anyone be opposed if we did a Domestic (US and Canada) trade in one thread and an International Trade (US, Canada and everyone else) in another at the same time?

It would be slightly more work, and you would not be able to offer the same coins in each trade, but I've heard through the grapevine that some people would like to participate, but can't afford the shipping overseas part.

I wouldn't be opposed, but then I am in Canada!

Would it be just easier to have 2 seperate columns on the trading sheet? One column could be for US trades and the other would be for international trades. When you list your coins just check off which areas you are willing to ship that particular coin to. Everyone would just have to make sure that the coins they put in their want list are actually available for shipping to their country. This way you can still offer your coin to either if that's what you want instead of just offering to one or the other.

That's one idea I had. The difficulty I kept coming to was ensuring that the domestic trades only went to domestic lists.

I also see a potential issue with fairness. Imagine if I purposefully offered all of my coins only for the Domestic trade, but requested all coins from the international side. Because of the way the software makes the circle trades, I would likely receive at least some of my requests. Then I am paying significantly less to receive the international trades because I am only shipping in the US/Canada.

I'm still pondering the logistics of both.

That's one idea I had. The difficulty I kept coming to was ensuring that the domestic trades only went to domestic lists.

I also see a potential issue with fairness. Imagine if I purposefully offered all of my coins only for the Domestic trade, but requested all coins from the international side. Because of the way the software makes the circle trades, I would likely receive at least some of my requests. Then I am paying significantly less to receive the international trades because I am only shipping in the US/Canada.

I'm still pondering the logistics of both.

Either way you go I'd be willing to help out if you need an extra set of eyes to go through the list to make sure that the coins are going to the right areas. :laughing:

I have received coins from:

TMA, 3blindeyes, team_zzzz, El_rolfo, moscow32, Bluemotmot, Drjeepstr, WI_Robin, Mr Explorer3, Menkinger, Geocachingdragon, and Krazytrollz.

Only waiting for the last coins from Doc256.

Thanks for the trades.

Got them today! Thanks. Ready for the next round.

Ooops Sorry KeHunt64...My Bad! Guess my GF transcribed the list with an error!! :)

Hey, is anyone still waiting for coins from Centris other than me?? Sent a couple emails but I am worried as so far have gotten no response. I don't know how long to reasonably wait....Bikki Bikki and XLE Minn geocoins...don't want to lose them in the mail! Anyone with info please give me a holler! Thanks so much, DrJeepStr :o

Talked to Centris today. All the coins are in the mail. Hang tight :)

TMA

...6 days since this post....still waiting for my last two coins from Centris. Can anyone tell me if they got their coins from Centris yet or how/when they might have been sent?? I am really trying to be patient but these were my very top picks... it is very hard to be thinking about a Round 3 when I haven't gotten all my trades yet from Round Two! :o Can someone shed some light for me?? *Still* waiting patiently...DrJeepStr

Ooops Sorry KeHunt64...My Bad! Guess my GF transcribed the list with an error!! :D

Hey, is anyone still waiting for coins from Centris other than me?? Sent a couple emails but I am worried as so far have gotten no response. I don't know how long to reasonably wait....Bikki Bikki and XLE Minn geocoins...don't want to lose them in the mail! Anyone with info please give me a holler! Thanks so much, DrJeepStr B)

Talked to Centris today. All the coins are in the mail. Hang tight :D

TMA

...6 days since this post....still waiting for my last two coins from Centris. Can anyone tell me if they got their coins from Centris yet or how/when they might have been sent?? I am really trying to be patient but these were my very top picks... it is very hard to be thinking about a Round 3 when I haven't gotten all my trades yet from Round Two! :D Can someone shed some light for me?? *Still* waiting patiently...DrJeepStr

Wouldn't ya know it... As SOON as I post, TODAY my geocoins from Centris have ARRIVED!!! :D:D:D

Yippie, Yay!! All trades completed...NOW I'm ready for Round Three! DrJeepStr :anicute:

Today I received the Shell & Pearl geocoin club coin+pin, and the Happy New Year 2008 coin, so I think I've received everything now!

Thanks everyone. I'm ready for round 3 too. Wasn't someone planning it for Feb 29th?

Katja

Edited to add:

Oops, I cheered too soon. Looks like I am still waiting for 1 final coin: Kingfisher Team from Los Muertos. A bit weird, since it 'only' has to come from Germany. The KingFisher Team are friends of mine and it would be about time I got their coin, so I hope nothing went awry in the mail.

Edited by kdv

Today I received the Shell & Pearl geocoin club coin+pin, and the Happy New Year 2008 coin, so I think I've received everything now!

Thanks everyone. I'm ready for round 3 too. Wasn't someone planning it for Feb 29th?

Katja

Edited to add:

Oops, I cheered too soon. Looks like I am still waiting for 1 final coin: Kingfisher Team from Los Muertos. A bit weird, since it 'only' has to come from Germany. The KingFisher Team are friends of mine and it would be about time I got their coin, so I hope nothing went awry in the mail.

I also haven't received my coin from Los Muertos. I haven't really worried because it is coming from overseas, but if someone "local" hasn't received one yet, then I might start worrying. Has anyone heard anything from Los Muertos?

I was going to do one for Feb 29, but I ended up moving instead. Maybe mid-March.

Edited by moscow32