International Geocoin Math Trade - Round Two

moscow32

I've resorted the list again to bring all coins offered by each trader together. Please take a minute to check your coins and make sure that everything you want to offer is there. If you are planning to remove any coins from the list, now is a good time to do it.

We're closing in on about 10 hours left for coins to be added to the list. There's still time to add participants, if anyone is interested.

Well, with just under 5 hours to go now, I finally got around to adding my coins to the math trade.

I just finished typing in 50 coins to trade! Had to have a round number! :unsure:

There are well over 600 coins in there now! Wow! :lol: Getting our want lists typed up is gonna be a mission! :unsure:

Good luck to all the traders who are in it this time round. Cheers! Mal

Well, with just under 5 hours to go now, I finally got around to adding my coins to the math trade.

I just finished typing in 50 coins to trade! Had to have a round number! :lol:

There are well over 600 coins in there now! Wow! :) Getting our want lists typed up is gonna be a mission! :unsure:

Good luck to all the traders who are in it this time round. Cheers! Mal

Yeah, no kidding. Cut and paste city . . . :unsure:

And that does it for the initial offer period. We end the offer with 607 coins and 31 traders.

We now enter the regroup period. If you are interested in regrouping coins to make them more attractive, please follow the instructions quoted below.

When you are satisfied with the way your coins stand, please let me know via email or pm or post in this thread. If everyone finishes with their regrouping early, we can move on to the want lists early.

Please let me know if you have any questions during this period. We'll be open for regrouping until 8pm EST January 18.

Stage 2: Regroup Period

This stage will start after the offer period has closed on January 16, and continue until January 18.

The Regroup Period gives all participants the chance to merge two or more of their coins into a single offer. Intention for this is to make an own offer more attractive to others (and therefore to have a potentially higher chance to get a specifically wanted coin).

To regroup your offers, simply edit the ID of the coins you want to merge: add an 'a' to the ID of the first coin, copy the choosen coin ID to the second coin and add a 'b' ... and so on.

Example may look like this:

15a  USER_A	 Coin_number_one
15b  USER_A	 next_coin
15c  USER_A	 third_and_last_coin		

Remember, no new coins are allowed during this time period. You are only allowed to regroup already offered coins.

[/color]

moscow or team zzzz, any chance you could give a little insight into the pros & cons of regrouping? Is someone likely to get more trade possibilites with individual coins, or with groups? Is grouping only useful for going after the "big" coins on the list?

Hi lindsychris,

Yes, regrouping helps to go for the big coins as your grouped coins will raise usually more attraction than single coins. Keep in mind that other traders now see a chance to trade one of their coins against two (or more) of yours! So a "coin group" will usually appear on more want lists of other traders - which gives the software a greater selection to establish a hugher trade ring for it! Therefore there's a higher chance to get the coin you want!

You have to deceide for yourself: Do I want as many coins as possible or do I want specific coins and I'm willing to offer multiple coins for it.

If you group some of your coins, these coins will be merged into a single offer - as a trade is done as "offer against offer" this typically means that you will receive fewer coins than you will trade away. But on the other hand this is a chance to trade away (for example) two or more "not so interesting coins" against an interesting coin.

I try to see it this way: There is an interesting coin in my offer list and there's an interesting coin offered by someone else. In a face2face trade these two coins would surely be traded against each other. But in a MathTrade there's the situation that several interesting coins are offered so that I can't be sure to get all coins I want. So maybe I can place another coin as "sweetener" to my coin offer that gives me some advantage ;-)

Hope this helps a bit ... if it doesn't then lets make it a littble bit more visuable ;-)

Imagine yourself in the middle of a coin convention. You climb on a chair and with a loud voice you shout your offer: "Here's the extraordinary coin ABC - one of a kind - that you are all looking for! I'll wait for your offers!"

Now ask yourself: Which offer from below you will accept?

And turn the view: Someone else is staying on the chair and offers this coin - what would you do to get it?

Yes, at this stage it reminds a bit of an auction ;-)

Cheers,

Dirk

I resorted again, because some coins had been removed from the trade. Sitting at 605 coins!

WOW :D

i'm sorry but i had to stay out. I had no time to watch carefully the list and to post my coins :) . It's great to see the interest in this format, i'm really looking forward to see the trades :rolleyes:

PL

(Regrouping: does that mean that we as traders, huddle together in a corner? :D )

Ok I thought I was confused during the first math trade, this one just added to the complexity! I am not regrouping I guess.

Just let us know when we gotta pick what we have been coveting for days! :rolleyes:

:) Covet away. We'll start picking tomorrow evening. Almost there. Almost there.

Im not going to re-group any of my coins, although 1 of the re-groups affected me, but its ok.

...and no need to sweat it lindsychris, your coins will be fine, I know I have one of yours in my sights!

as Moops said, its going to be a big text file. Im still working on mine, sorting out most wanted order is tough! :lol:

I didn't get a chance to read this last nite... too busy fighting w/an idiot on e-bay, but for the regroup, lemme see if I can understand this correctly......

you'd offer say two coins and assign them like you said.......

then when you made your offers, it would show up as 'one' for the trade?

I think I'm almost getting this, LOL!

thanks!

~S

I didn't get a chance to read this last nite... too busy fighting w/an idiot on e-bay, but for the regroup, lemme see if I can understand this correctly......

thanks!

~S

It sounds like you've got it. :lol: I hope everyone is getting their "want list" ready. Lots and lots of great coins in the trade.

thanks!

~S

It sounds like you've got it. B) I hope everyone is getting their "want list" ready. Lots and lots of great coins in the trade.

I'm not touching the list until you say its frozen. I have to create a 543 coin string, and I'm not going to revamp it :lol:

thanks!

~S

It sounds like you've got it. B) I hope everyone is getting their "want list" ready. Lots and lots of great coins in the trade.

I'm not touching the list until you say its frozen. I have to create a 543 coin string, and I'm not going to revamp it :lol:

Just 10 more hours until it freezes.

No regrouping.

Is there any short cut to typing out the long coin lists or will they have to be typed 1 at a time?

If you want every single other coin to be considered for your trade, you have to type them out one by one. You can copy/paste that same list for each of your offered coins.

There are several duplicates of certain coins in the trade. If you want to only recieve one of them, but don't care which, there is a syntax you can use to group coins together. Please refer to the linked section of the TradeMaximizer documentation, for details. (It's not required that you use it. If you have questions, send me an email, and I'll try to answer them)

Other than that, the list should freeze later tonight, I'll give the grouped coins a Unique ID, and then you can start sending me your want lists.

Ok everybody, the regrouping period is over and the official fun begins. Please make a want list for each of your coins, and send it to me via email or forum PM. DO NOT post your want list here! Please let me know when you send your list if it is final, or if you are still considering changes.

The official list is at: 2nd International Math Trade

For the grouped coin offers, you will see that I have boxed them together and placed only one number. Please use that number only.

I will run a quick quality control check on each list as I receive them, and may need to ask you clarifying questions.

As soon as I get all of the coin lists, I will compile them and run them through the software. If I get them all early, I'll try to get them run early.

Please see the step by step guide below for info on creating your list. As always, let me know if you have any questions.

Stage 3: Wantlist Period

Copied directly from the first Math Trade (Thanks, Dirk!)

A step-by-step guide to create want lists

First of all, take a closer look into the final coin offer list: you will see that every single coin is listed in a seperate row, each having an entry in the corresponding columns for ID, Owner, Coin Name, Remark, and Country.

The entries for ID and Coin Name are the most important for the trade. Of course it's nice to see who's owning this coin, which remarks are given or where the coin is located - but this can be ignored for the creation of your want list.

In the whole coin offer list the ID colum has unique entries, whereas in the Coin Name column the same name of a coin may appear if offered by different participants (in different rows, of course ). So the entry in the ID field for each coin can (and will) be used as an unique and exact identifier for each coin.

The general idea for a want list is to define, which own coin can be traded against which other offered coin. To define this, the following syntax used:

Own_Coin_ID : Want_Coin_ID_1  Want Coin_ID_2  Want_Coin_ID_3 ... Want_Coin_ID_N

(a ':' is used as a seperator between the Own_Coin_ID and the choosen wanted coins; the wanted coins are seperated with a " " [blank] ).

As you can see, you have to specify a single "Own_Coin_ID" and to list the possible IDs of all coins that you would accept as a trade for this coin (as specified by "Own_Coin_ID). You are free to choose from all other coins. Furthermore, your are not limited to a single coin - you can append all coins (via their respective coin ID's) that you are accepting as a trade. And if you would append the IDs of all other coins this would be okay!

The apperance of the IDs of the wanted coins if of importance as it represents the "order" of the coins that you are accepting as a trade for your coin. In the first position the "most wanted" coin should appear, in the last position the "least acceptable" coin.

If there is only one coin that you would trade your own coin for, there will be only one Want_Coin_ID. If there is no coin that you find acceptable as a trade, you put no Want_Coin_ID behind your Own_Coin_ID ...

As you might have read between the lines, you are asked to fill out a single line according to the syntax above for each of your own coins.

It's quite logical that you will accept the same coin from others as a trade for several of your coins. Simply add this coin ID to the lines for each of your coins.

Let's end the theory and come to a real life example: I will present my own (hypothetical!!!) want list ...

With a short look to the final coin offer list, I own the coins with the IDs 1 to 14 (as I am listed with the nick 'zZZz') so my trade list is 14 lines long.

Here are my thoughts and how I realize them in my want list:

- I intend to say that my "Psychochicken" coin (ID: 1) is quite rare and I want to trade it only against a coin that I would assume of having the same "rarity". The coins with the IDs 139 and 141 cought my attention (it the "Lancashire" and the "Laptop" coin) and I would favor the "Laptop" over/before the "Lancashire. So my entry for my "Psychochicken" would look like this:

1 : 141 139

I also offered a bunch of other coins that I have some feelings about, that I really like, that I regard as "nice to have" for others, or whatever. They are important to me and I would like to get in return only some coins that are really on my personal seeking list. My coins have the IDs from 2 to 12. I look into the coin offer list and find a few suitable coins - but only 10 of them. I can list the 10 wanted coin ID for each of my coins - but this will mean that I will not trade all of my coins: 12 offered but only 10 specified as wants - even if I receive all the 10 wanted coins I will only trade away 10 of mine ...

For those 12 coins I choose the coins with the IDs 150 to 160 and that's also the priority I choose for the wanted coins. So I include them in my want list. This list looks now like this:

1 : 141 139
2 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
3 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
4 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
5 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
6 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
7 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
8 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
9 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
10 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
11 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
12 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160

Let's go on with the example. For some reason I do not want to trade away my coin with the ID 13 (it's the "Unity 2006, ant. silver). Maybe I simply wont give it away or maybe I decided to trade this specific coin with somebody else ... you know "I will make him an offer he can't deny!" ... So this is a simple one: Either I don't list my coin with the ID 13 in my want list or I deceide to put an empty line for the wanted coins. I will take the latter approach. So I add the following line to my want list:

13 :

Last but not least, there is the last coin I offered: the coin with ID 14 ("Uckermark, ant. bronze"). Honestly said (theoretically!!! this is only an example!!!) I am quite happy if I could trade away this coin for anything else on the list. So I can put every other coin ID as a want for this coin - and I will do so! (Okay, I'll save some characters here in this example - please forgive me, but you know what I mean).

So my last line would look like:

14 : 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [all in between] 184

Well, now I have my want list for this trade completed! For the convenience of my host, I will add my nick in parantheses in front of each line ...

The whole list looks like this (except for the last line):

(zZZz) 1 : 141 139
(zZZz) 2 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 3 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 4 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 5 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 6 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 7 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 8 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 9 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 10 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 11 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 12 : 150 151 152 153 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
(zZZz) 13 :
(zZZz) 14 : 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [all in between] 184

Now I can send the list as a PM or email to the host of this Math Trade ...

edit to add link and clarify the grouped coins.

Edited by moscow32

Thanks for the explanation!!!!

Sorry, I was tied up today and missed getting back to my list and regrouping, oops!!!

Does it matter what format we send the list to you in or should it just be copied and pasted into the PM?

Thank you!

Copy / paste works best for me.