Cache along a route PQ's

ICHTHYS

When running a cache along a route PQ, and the total number of caches available exceeds the number you ask for, which caches does it ignore?

Say you want up to 200 caches within .5 miles of your route and there are 250, which 50 does it drop? Does it drop the ones furthest from the route?

Edited by ICHTHYS

For my pocket queries, I keep playing with the distance until the query includes just under 200, then I know I've got everything in the area.

Mind you, I only figured this out after getting out into the field once or twice and realizing that not all the caches I planned to search for are one the gpsr. Very disappointing, that.

For my pocket queries, I keep playing with the distance until the query includes just under 200, then I know I've got everything in the area.

Mind you, I only figured this out after getting out into the field once or twice and realizing that not all the caches I planned to search for are one the gpsr. Very disappointing, that.

I would strongly recommend accquiring the program GSAK. When you generate a PQ and load the .zip file into a GSAK database, you can easily see all of the selected waypoints, the number of them, their name, coords......all manner of detail. Then using GSAK, you load the waypoints that are in the database, directly into your GPSr gizmo. This way you have the assurance that what you saw is what you get. Avoiding surprises in the field. GSAK also can export to many mapping apps as well as there is a button click macro that will automatically export the wayoints to a Google map showing you the relative locations of the caches. This is waaaayyyy cool stuff, trust me. :D:D:D