Trusty Meridian Gold.... versus Win Vista

LthrWrk

ok so this great working Magellan Meri Gold has worked fine.... until .... I am tryn to get it to work with Win Vista...

Magellan aint gonna support the Gold with Vista...

Now what to do... NEW GPS after all.

OK... I have liked the golds size... didnt make a difference with color but out performed a newer Garmin with color that DorothyMacaw was using ... well most of the time.

So I should upgrade or does someone have work arounds... I seem to be doing that alot with this dadgum Vista.

IF going to upgrade to a new GPS one feature that would come in handy is an external antenna jack.

Any Recommendations to do this? What of these larger screen formats for going to the trails?

Charles

A slightly furrowed browed Vista user.

Edited by LthrWrk

ok so this great working Magellan Meri Gold has worked fine.... until .... I am tryn to get it to work with Win Vista...

Magellan aint gonna support the Gold with Vista...

Now what to do... NEW GPS after all.

OK... I have liked the golds size... didnt make a difference with color but out performed a newer Garmin with color that DorothyMacaw was using ... well most of the time.

So I should upgrade or does someone have work arounds... I seem to be doing that alot with this dadgum Vista.

IF going to upgrade to a new GPS one feature that would come in handy is an external antenna jack.

Any Recommendations to do this? What of these larger screen formats for going to the trails?

Charles

A slightly furrowed browed Vista user.

Run vista in win xp compatibility mode.

I have Vista ( hate it with a passion)

I use GSAK for GC and BM and WM downloads to my memory cards for my MeriPlat

Easygps will send and receive waypoints directly to my MeriPlat (make sure to get the right settings)

DeLorme Topo works for downloading from MeriPlat, haven't tried up yet.

MapSend programs aren't working for me with Vista, neither is my favorite NG Topo.

All in regular Vista, haven't tried other modes.